Saw the Playbook at Best Buy today. Loved it, although a bit buggy. Ready to take the plunge. But, I'm not sure if I should wait until the next iteration. So my question is:

I have a Torch, carry it with me all the time, is there any reason to wait for 3G version of Playbook?

Thanks

Harry
    04-19-11 03:52 PM
    no. I dont think there is any point at all. Since u can use tethering or bridge on the playbook to get 3g network from the torch. But personal i will prefer bridge more. So why will u pay more for the 3g version and wait longer for it, when the device that u have can freely provide the things that you need
    04-19-11 04:07 PM
    Thanks. Just wanted to make sure I understood it properly. So if I have an Ipad 3G version, and I want to operate 3G (no wifi nearby), do I have to have another data plan, and a sim card?
    04-19-11 04:30 PM
    Thanks. Just wanted to make sure I understood it properly. So if I have an Ipad 3G version, and I want to operate 3G (no wifi nearby), do I have to have another data plan, and a sim card?
    that is correct.
    04-19-11 04:40 PM
    One reason to get the 3G version is if you travel.

If you didn't have a company BB and using your own data when travelling then it could be a good idea to buy a pay as you go sim card from said country and pop it in the playbook for data.

example. I live in Canada but I goto the US about once a month. I have a US pay as you go sim card. I can pop that sim into a 3G playbook and still be able to surf the net via the US Sim card and not incur any ridiculous data charges from my provider in Canada.
    04-19-11 04:49 PM
    Good thought. I take it there are no hints as to when the 3G version will be here?
    04-19-11 04:54 PM
    Just had an after thought.

Why don't I just pop the US sim into a BT enabled cellphone and tether?
    04-19-11 04:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD