I love my Sprint BB Bold 9930 and also have an ipod touch 4th gen. I want a tablet now, but those of you who have a Playbook think the $199.00 price is a good buy? Or should I pay more for the ipad2. Any advice from Playbook owners would be greatly helpful.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-25-11 12:23 PM
    The PB is a great buy at $199, I would go for the 32GB at $249 though at a minimum as it is the best deal right now and you may want that extra storage. The Bridge Browser didn't work great with my Tour on Sprint, but works great on my 9900 on T-Mobile. I don't know if the OS/processor had a huge hand in that, or Sprint's network was more to blame on the browsing side (HSPA+ on T-Mobile is very fast). Other bridging things are faster now so it could have been more processor + OS7. It seems like more an more apps are coming out for the PB. OS 2 is due out in February (hopefully RIM won't delay it yet again but that is a risk you have to decide on).
    12-25-11 12:30 PM
    I'll ask the leading question: What do you want to do with a tablet, any tablet?

The 7inch size is very portable. It has a great screen. Bridged to a bbphone provides email, calendar and contacts as well as other features like Bridged Browser. There are now some popular games on it. Professional tools are still limited and the versions of the docs-to-go suite are even pale imitations of their bbphone counterparts.

OS2 is supposedly coming in Feb which may enhance certain features. Compared to what some of us paid, current prices are great.
    12-25-11 02:08 PM
    dude i have to say go for it, ots a great tablet, and paired to ur phone u get browsing everywhere ur phone can browse, so u do t need a 4G tablet, plus the 7inch screen is perfect, HD, portable and great apps, and with the android app player coming officialy in february....

u wont regret it, its an awesome tablet
    12-25-11 02:16 PM
    The new BB10 phones have been delayed until quarter four of next year so do it, I'm going to get one for myself and another for my girlfriend.
    12-25-11 02:21 PM
    i kinda went the other way around...i bought the playbook and loved it so much i upgraded my phone to a 9900...the bridge worked with my 8520, but i hadta screw around every time i tried to connect..with the 9900 it's as seamless as i expected! i love being my own only child...i get to spoil myself rotten!
    FF22 likes this.
    12-25-11 03:23 PM
    Same here brought Playbook first then got my 9850 Torch very happy with setup.
    12-25-11 05:49 PM
    I have the 9930 and now two PBs, one work and one personal. They really do make an awesome pair. Work and play, they work for me. My work depends on my communication being rock solid and I haven't been let down yet. But, as stated above, determine your requirements and see if the PB will fill them. If you can work with what you find out, go for it and enjoy!
    12-25-11 06:29 PM
    UPDATE: After careful and many trys with both PlayBook & ipad 2...I chose the ipad 2, even though it was $200.00 more. The ipad 2 IMO gives me more choices and apps than the PlayBook can offer (even at 2.0 OS) While I LOVE my Bold 9930 and would rather have that than an iphone 4S, I really have enjoyed having an ipad 2.
    03-10-12 05:00 PM
    I really have enjoyed having an ipad 2.
    [YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arym0cBpRL8[/YT]
    03-10-12 05:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD