My wife has put her foot down...
    I used to take a magazine or newspaper into the biffy...now I take my PB in. She has told me I spend longer time in there now. "Knock it off"!
    She says she can see my laptop changing screens as I am working on files etc. .
    Her voice can be heard outside the door..."SERIOUSLY"
    Guess I need counseling.
    04-21-12 10:25 AM
    LOL!

This is priceless.

I find myself using my PB in more places and doing various tasks lately, though the potty is not a main use place for myself :P
    04-21-12 10:30 AM
    Dude! You have NO Idea how bad it will get!
    jafobabe likes this.
    04-21-12 12:00 PM
    Yep...it gets worst...
    04-21-12 12:03 PM
    Lol! Too funny. Also a good way to keep people from wanting to borrow your pb I'll bet.
    04-21-12 12:06 PM
    My wife has put her foot down...
    I used to take a magazine or newspaper into the biffy...now I take my PB in. She has told me I spend longer time in there now. "Knock it off"!
    She says she can see my laptop changing screens as I am working on files etc. .
    Her voice can be heard outside the door..."SERIOUSLY"
    Guess I need counseling.
    Ayup, there goes you're peace and quiet and that's probably going to have to be marriage counseling.........
    04-21-12 12:07 PM
    WOW!

What I get to look forward to when I get back home from this deployment. I'm sure I haven't touched a tenth of the things I will do with my PlayBook while I'm here. I can imagine my wife harping on me about taking my PlayBook everywhere and using it for whatever I can.

There are many things I have read on this forum that I just can't utilize here while I'm deployed. I'll probably be blown away again once I get back home and have 3G bridge support through my Torch, my "regular" ISP wifi speeds instead of the 300 baud connections it appears we have through the commercial ISP on this camp.

It is probably a good thing I have already wrapped my PlayBook in the Otter Defender, because I can imagine my wife tossing my PlayBook across the room if I end up spending more time with it than her and my children.

Actually, my saving grace will probably be my boys as they are techies themselves where as my wife hates looking at a computer much less using one. They will probably devour my PlayBook so I can spend some quality time with my wife once I return!
    04-21-12 12:11 PM
    This is why we nEed an Otterbox Sanitizer

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    04-21-12 12:46 PM
    "It is probably a good thing I have already wrapped my PlayBook in the Otter Defender, because I can imagine my wife tossing my PlayBook across the room if I end up spending more time with it than her and my children."

You're in Afghanistan and this is what you're worried about,he, he.

By the way, thank you for what ever it is you're doing for us out there
    malcerie likes this.
    04-21-12 12:50 PM
    I don't take my PlayBook there, no matter how much as I advertise it as a "take it everywhere" device...
    04-21-12 12:55 PM
    This thread's started me wondering - I'm trying to remember if I've ever been without my Playbook, and either I'm suffering from memory loss, or I've never been without my Playbook - I suspect the later
    04-21-12 12:59 PM
    Well if it helps my 5 years old son takes his PB to bathroom too. He opens the ottercase and sets the PB on the floor and does his thing. I just hope he doesn't drop the PB in the toilet.
    04-21-12 01:00 PM
    WOW!

What I get to look forward to when I get back home from this deployment. I'm sure I haven't touched a tenth of the things I will do with my PlayBook while I'm here. I can imagine my wife harping on me about taking my PlayBook everywhere and using it for whatever I can.

There are many things I have read on this forum that I just can't utilize here while I'm deployed. I'll probably be blown away again once I get back home and have 3G bridge support through my Torch, my "regular" ISP wifi speeds instead of the 300 baud connections it appears we have through the commercial ISP on this camp.

It is probably a good thing I have already wrapped my PlayBook in the Otter Defender, because I can imagine my wife tossing my PlayBook across the room if I end up spending more time with it than her and my children.

Actually, my saving grace will probably be my boys as they are techies themselves where as my wife hates looking at a computer much less using one. They will probably devour my PlayBook so I can spend some quality time with my wife once I return!
    Hey guy hope you & your PlayBook come home soon & safe. Just want to say thank you for serving. Bless you, your family & your PlayBook too!
    malcerie likes this.
    04-21-12 01:50 PM
    This is why we nEed an Otterbox Sanitizer

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    I vote yes on this.
    04-21-12 02:46 PM
    What is the obsession with taking the BlackBerry PlayBook or any electronic device for that matter, to the bathroom/restroom/latrine/outhouse? When I enter that space to or defecate, sometimes both at the same time, I want to get in and out as quickly as possible and that is at my own house. The logistics of "taking care of business" and handling the tablet seem at odds with hygiene.
    04-21-12 03:45 PM
    What is the obsession with taking the BlackBerry PlayBook or any electronic device for that matter, to ur-in-ate (to avoid the filter) the bathroom/restroom/latrine/outhouse? When I enter that space to or defecate, sometimes both at the same time, I want to get in and out as quickly as possible and that is at my own house. The logistics of "taking care of business" and handling the tablet seem at odds with hygiene.
    04-21-12 03:47 PM
    What is the obsession with taking the BlackBerry PlayBook or any electronic device for that matter, to the bathroom/restroom/latrine/outhouse? When I enter that space to or defecate, sometimes both at the same time, I want to get in and out as quickly as possible and that is at my own house. The logistics of "taking care of business" and handling the tablet seem at odds with hygiene.
    Well... I learned a while back not to pee on my hands, and I set it down...only very temporarily...when I deal with the other.
    Ya just gotta get business done when ya can, no matter what kind it is eh.

This thread is going down hill fast. LOL
    04-21-12 10:16 PM
    Hey OP, check out the first BLUE link below my signature and see what Rotorwench has gone through with his wife... also best parts of the post continue around pg 12-13... with an update of Rotor getting caught by the wife for french kissing his PB!!
    It's the BEST THREAD Ever!

ROFLMAO!!

/me now hides from Rotorwench...
    04-21-12 10:21 PM
    Hey OP, check out the first BLUE link below my signature and see what Rotorwench has gone through with his wife... also best parts of the post continue around pg 12-13... with an update of Rotor getting caught by the wife for french kissing his PB!!
    It's the BEST THREAD Ever!

ROFLMAO!!

/me now hides from Rotorwench...
    YOU!!! Can run, but can never hide from ME!! Thought you'd slip this one through eh? Karma baby!
    jafobabe likes this.
    04-22-12 12:41 AM
    ROFLMAO!
    rotorwrench likes this.
    04-22-12 12:49 AM
    That's right, keep laughing, but do it watching over your shoulder
    jafobabe likes this.
    04-22-12 01:09 AM
    White flagged!

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk
    04-22-12 06:26 AM
    You can do your business, and get business done at the same time. True multi tasking at its best.

Cant say I've taken mine to the jon, but I do take my laptop and put it on a little stool. My wife always yells at me for being in there way to long.
    04-22-12 06:34 AM
    Okay - is this a guy thing? Are there any ladies on here that do this? Cause my hubby does it too with Samsung Note.

And speaking as one of the women on the other side of the door yelling at you guys - Yes you do take noticeably longer when you take your little friend. Roflol.
    jafobabe likes this.
    04-22-12 07:56 AM
    Okay - is this a guy thing? Are there any ladies on here that do this? Cause my hubby does it too with Samsung Note.

And speaking as one of the women on the other side of the door yelling at you guys - Yes you do take noticeably longer when you take your little friend. Roflol.

My wife complained at me about this as well... Until she got a PlayBook of her own! Now it goes everywhere with her too! These things are addicting! But we've joined a support group called "crackberry"

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    jafobabe and Vorkosigan like this.
    04-22-12 08:36 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD