does anyone think playbook badly needs pay pal , ebay apps oh and that long hearted facebook update because it s u c k s and the whole playbook planet knows that
    sad_old_man likes this.
    04-20-13 05:13 AM
    I do all of those using their Web pages on my PlayBook and find the experience more than satisfactory.
    04-20-13 05:25 AM
    I do all of those using their Web pages on my PlayBook and find the experience more than satisfactory.
    Me too (c) AOL.

'cept for faceache - truly can't be bothered with it. I suppose something must be provided for the chattering classes, though.
    04-20-13 05:29 AM
    I tried to sideload the PayPal app and couldn't get it to work. We need more native apps for the BlackBerry devices.
    04-20-13 06:52 AM
    does anyone think playbook badly needs pay pal , ebay apps oh and that long hearted facebook update because it s u c k s and the whole playbook planet knows that
    No
    04-20-13 07:10 AM
    I tried to sideload the PayPal app and couldn't get it to work. We need more native apps for the BlackBerry devices.
    Maybe - but truly - paypal, ebay? On a 7" browser screen? Struggling to see the issue with them.

There maybe other app gaps, that I'll wholeheartedly shout about, but not things that are perfectly fine in a browser.
    04-20-13 07:34 AM
    Yes the browser work fine but it would be nice to have a short cut to places like PayPal. For the 7" screen I don't have a problem with. Actually prefer it over my laptop.
    04-20-13 07:50 AM
    Yes the browser work fine but it would be nice to have a short cut to places like PayPal. For the 7" screen I don't have a problem with. Actually prefer it over my laptop.
    Well you can have a dedicated shortcut on your homescreen to the paypal URL if you wish. I just don't get the big issue with a lot of these calls for apps - sure, some may well be a much better choice on a mobile handset screen, but on a tablet, it's a bit different - especially when it's purely web content, like ebay or paypal.

Things like Kindle, I get - there may well be local content, "personal" documents loaded, so merely use through a browser (if indeed it worked through a browser on the PlayBook) isn't good enough. There's no shortage of fairly big-ish things that should be apps for the PlayBook, why sweat the little things, that are web apps anyway, and work perfectly fine through the browser?
    malcerie, kbz1960 and dphjeff like this.
    04-20-13 08:03 AM
    I use PayPal way more now, since it's attached to a screening account, and PayPal is expanding its point-of-sale footprint, so there are so many more places to use it.

So, one thing the app does that is useful is that it searches for nearby merchants. Then, if one so desires, one can pop up a notice to a selected merchant letting them know some commerce is on the way.

Pretty nifty.
    04-20-13 08:16 AM
    hnm .. yes interesting comments ..although didn't read the r e t a r d e d ..opinions..but i still think we should have these apps on playbook and legacy devices 'cause the bb 10 devices are waste of time and money
    the legacy devices are waaay more better

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    sad_old_man likes this.
    04-23-13 11:04 AM
    I use PayPal way more now, since it's attached to a screening account, and PayPal is expanding its point-of-sale footprint, so there are so many more places to use it.

So, one thing the app does that is useful is that it searches for nearby merchants. Then, if one so desires, one can pop up a notice to a selected merchant letting them know some commerce is on the way.

Pretty nifty.
    Sounds like an interesting feature but I wonder if all these things we do to save time actually results in lost time.
    Think I'll stick with my debit/credit card so some dweeb can't take my information without a physical altercation.
    04-23-13 02:23 PM
    ^^^ WHS
    04-23-13 02:40 PM
    I know there are apps that are needed and wanted but I really have to wonder how people wipe their rear end without an app to do it for them.
    KittyBomb likes this.
    04-23-13 02:56 PM
    I know there are apps that are needed and wanted but I really have to wonder how people wipe their rear end without an app to do it for them.
    I've heard that the iPad has an app for that.
    04-23-13 03:36 PM
    A forum I use you can switch to the mobile version which is obviously set up for mobile devices, tablets and phone and a lot of the people who use it with Tapatalk can't access some of the better features of the board. Sometimes apps aren't the best way of doing things. If you think about it the app needs to be able to handle every board which they can't check and change often. The browser is the best bet on most occasions.

Those sort off apps are just browser bookmarks to be fair.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-13 03:45 PM
    So your telling me that you don't use print-to-go, music store, video store, blackberry world, ect. they are all apps. I know that most apps are useless but there are essential app we need and use (invoices, job costing, time sheets ect). The think that BlackBerry should develop these types of apps and leave the crap apps to Android and Apple. (fart app, aging both, razor sound, ect.)
    04-23-13 08:46 PM
    Here lies the problem I guess. I'm not a big app man. Out of all the stuff you listed there I only use Blackberry world but I can understand that people would want a vast selection of craps. When your friends are showing off an app where you have to pi** in a toilet or drink a pint of beer and you're 16 year old you'll probably wish your phone could do that as well. Personally I just need office docs and a few other bits and pieces. BUT Blackberry aren't trying to target me as their new customers because I don't spend on apps. I don't pay for music, I'll re-phrase that I use my music that I own already. I don't want to play games on it other than just something quick to put an hour in. I don't want to watch TV on it. I don't want a video chat based on I don't know anybody who would want one or could. For all those things I have the devices that's best to run them on. A comedian who's name slips my mind at the moment once said referring to being able to watch TV on a mobile phone, "you could print War and Peace on something the size of a postage stamp but could you be bothered reading it" Just because you can do something doesn't mean you have to! Blackberry needs to cater for these people because that's where the big money is if it wants to stay in the big league global market. Give them what they want is what I say because while people are buying into it I get the premier communication and productivity device at the BB's heart and just don't have to install the craps.
    dphjeff and LeprechaunHR like this.
    04-24-13 03:52 AM
    I agree with you AWB70. The documents and productivity apps for thee PlayBook is a joke. I just wish BlackBerry would produce some great native apps. Side-loading android apps isn't the answer. The side-loaded apps crash all of the time and add tons of pictures to may document file.
    04-24-13 08:04 AM
    I always get a bit confused at this point as to what is meant by native apps. Do you mean apps built specifically for use as oppose ported from android? Are these not developed by third parties anyway? Genuinely not sure, I think the likes of Twitter and Facebook may have been made by Blackberry themselves but this also comes with problems. I have never been able to post a video from youtube straight into FB on my 9800 and the Playbook FB hasn't been working since the last update with no avatars. It would be a great help if more third party devs would get on board Blackberry. It's a self perpetuating problem. Not enough apps for boys who like their toys because the market share isn't big enough so the market share don't buy Blackberry and so on and so forth. Then the Blackberry team decide to cater more for the boys and the old skool Blackberry people slate him for it, accusing them of pandering to Iphone lovers and even jeopardising the security of the product. Thorsten Heins must have some sleepless nights Finding the happy medium is never going to be easy when every one wants different things from their device. Business will take Blackberry into the majority market which unfortunately is to have a toy for the people with plenty of spare money who pay for craps. The true sign of a good company would be if Blackberry manage to do this without upsetting their already loyal fans.
    04-25-13 08:54 AM
    Native app is built for BlackBerry not an Android app converted or ported to be a BlackBerry app. I'm tiered of the converted Android apps forcing closed or crashing all of the time. I fill that BlackBerry needs to 5hit or get off the pot.
    04-26-13 09:57 AM