No, this is a non sequitur. Madoff actually falsified the balance sheets.

Present official, post-launch product information or advertising describing a feature of the product that's actually missing, and I might agree with you.

Short of that you have no argument.

I think you're just trolling. I'm quite happy with the PlayBook, I think it's an excellent tablet and I use it daily. Ever since I have it I haven't had any need to use the iPad, which says a lot.

I don't understand all this anger about auto-correct or A2DP, it seems disproportionate and fake. Learn to spell and get some wired speakers.
    It is not just about strangling yourself with wired speakers.

or learning how to spell

or going upstairs to my computer so I can search the pdf manual on my pb or search on a webpage or search in a document.

It is not about being able to rename or reorganize bookmarks.

It is not just about being able to cut/paste a cell or a block of cells.

It is not about not being able to add new folders.

It is not about being able to email the photo I just took without wadding through 1,000 other photos.

It is not about being able to watch and video, close the app and be able to continue where I left off.

It is not about being able to pinch/zoom an email.

It is not just about typing dont and having the lame glass-keyboard fix that for me like bb phones have for years.

It is not about 4 delays in offering any of these things.

IT IS ABOUT ALL OF THEM.

The list can be continued at your convenience.........
    10-26-11 09:41 PM
    Re: "post-launch product information or advertising describing a feature of the product that's actually missing"

Search the web or this forum.
    Why should I? You're the one making wild accusations, the burden of proof is on you.
    10-27-11 11:34 AM
    It is not just about strangling yourself with wired speakers.

or learning how to spell

or going upstairs to my computer so I can search the pdf manual on my pb or search on a webpage or search in a document.

It is not about being able to rename or reorganize bookmarks.

etc
    Your laundry list sounds like an iPad commercial.

If all that minute stuff was so important to you, why did you buy the 1st version of a tablet with a brand new OS, no apps, made by a company with no track record in the tablet market?

Surely, if I wanted a luxury sports car with electrocromatic mirrors, heated steering wheel, massaging chairs, motorized boot lid, bi-xenon lights and 0-60 in under 6 seconds I wouldn't buy Ford's first attempt in the segment, I'd go to BMW.

Again, if your are such a demanding user requiring this level of application polish, why didn't you send it back the next day after owning it, when surely it must have been crystal clear that the current software is miles away from your minutia of iPad-style details, and there was no way RIM was going to implement all that stuff in anything less than a very long time, if ever?

What RIM advertised was not iPad level of feature details, but something completely different from the iPad: BlackBerry bridge, real multitasking, flash support in the browser, direct file access. It was clear from the first 5 minutes from playing with the PlayBook this was precisely what it offered, not "browser bookmarks" or other feature you can live perfectly well without.

Assuming you're not just a lying troll, I can only wonder why didn't you buy an iPad. The iPad 2 came out around the same time, for the same price, it probably does all those things you want.

Your position is absurd. Clearly, you bought the completely and obviously wrong item. The more you complain about it, the more it shows your lack of judgement, and thus you ridicule yourself.
    III 4U2NV III likes this.
    10-27-11 11:59 AM
    was referring to your bb e-mail address.

really no other tab can read/reply to emails?

i do agree it has the best flash implementation out of tablets and watching video is great with the great screen.
    10-28-11 11:53 AM
    The PB is the best tab on the market with the BB phone/PB combo making it untouchable by anything else.
    Really? Imagine you purchased this device to compliment and aid you in your day to day life? Work and Play!

- You left phone at work or the power is drained on the phone.
    --- No contacts, no access to important documents from your email (partly because you can't download a single thing to storage), no lists... what this device is now useless!

- You purchased a pair of expensive bluetooth earphones.
    --- Huh? Why the heck does this device have bluetooth and not pick up my headphones? This device is useless.

- A customer requests a series of the photos you took at a wedding last week to proof (insert any other photo assignment here). You 500 low res images for the wedding on your PB.
    --- OMG this device is a fricking headache. I created a file directory structure, reception, evening, ceremony etc and the PB, along with 12 other weddings, ignores my directories and asks me to find an image in a single view of 6000 images to attach to an email. This just made my life harder not easier.

- So I use the PB to showcase my photography to a potential customer.
    --- The image gallery is so underwhelming I decide not to use it as a tool to win a customer over. No atmospheric music, no screen transitions, no nothing!

- I have huge fat fingers, and am using the lamest on screen keyboard interface ever designed.
    --- My emails are full of typos and I stop using the PB write to customers due to lack of spell check & clever punctuation gestures (ie after inserting a question mark, the keyboard to revert straight to alpha layout). I also stop using the PB to receive email as I can't download invoices, pdf's or images to view offline.

- I drive hundreds of miles each weekend to work. I have 64gig storage, so music will keep me sane on my travels.
    --- Huh? The PB won't pair with my car radio? No worries, an AUX cable will do... oh heck, the media player supports a single play list, functionality of a 1995 mp3 player and again no file structure... so if I create my own folders of music to get round single playlist BS the PB ignores it... as there is no fricking file structure.

- At least I get to download well written aps.
    --- How many free out of copyright books do we need as aps? How long before someone at the ap store is fired for watering down the value of the ap store and not promoting 'REAL' aps. Do you have any idea this would infuriate me for writing an ap for the PB and RIM supporting some freeloader selling free books in such volume.

The PB is an overpriced mobile internet browser... nothing less.

I'm fed up of hearing how the build is quality, the hardware is second to none, the size is just right... yada yada yada

Try using to PB as a tool not something to idolise!
    FF22, Chrisy and stormsurvivor like this.
    10-28-11 03:37 PM
    Really? Imagine you purchased this device to compliment and aid you in your day to day life? Work and Play!

- You left phone at work or the power is drained on the phone.
    --- No contacts, no access to important documents from your email (partly because you can't download a single thing to storage), no lists... what this device is now useless!

- You purchased a pair of expensive bluetooth earphones.
    --- Huh? Why the heck does this device have bluetooth and not pick up my headphones? This device is useless.

- A customer requests a series of the photos you took at a wedding last week to proof (insert any other photo assignment here). You 500 low res images for the wedding on your PB.
    --- OMG this device is a fricking headache. I created a file directory structure, reception, evening, ceremony etc and the PB, along with 12 other weddings, ignores my directories and asks me to find an image in a single view of 6000 images to attach to an email. This just made my life harder not easier.

- So I use the PB to showcase my photography to a potential customer.
    --- The image gallery is so underwhelming I decide not to use it as a tool to win a customer over. No atmospheric music, no screen transitions, no nothing!

- I have huge fat fingers, and am using the lamest on screen keyboard interface ever designed.
    --- My emails are full of typos and I stop using the PB write to customers due to lack of spell check & clever punctuation gestures (ie after inserting a question mark, the keyboard to revert straight to alpha layout). I also stop using the PB to receive email as I can't download invoices, pdf's or images to view offline.

- I drive hundreds of miles each weekend to work. I have 64gig storage, so music will keep me sane on my travels.
    --- Huh? The PB won't pair with my car radio? No worries, an AUX cable will do... oh heck, the media player supports a single play list, functionality of a 1995 mp3 player and again no file structure... so if I create my own folders of music to get round single playlist BS the PB ignores it... as there is no fricking file structure.

- At least I get to download well written aps.
    --- How many free out of copyright books do we need as aps? How long before someone at the ap store is fired for watering down the value of the ap store and not promoting 'REAL' aps. Do you have any idea this would infuriate me for writing an ap for the PB and RIM supporting some freeloader selling free books in such volume.

The PB is an overpriced mobile internet browser... nothing less.

I'm fed up of hearing how the build is quality, the hardware is second to none, the size is just right... yada yada yada

Try using to PB as a tool not something to idolise!
    Obviously, you are a troll because you have clearly pointed out the serious limitations of this device without trying too hard. That "photo-email" issue really annoys me. I had the pb on a trip to Moab. I had some nice shots and I wanted to email them - not impossible but close to impossible. Over 1,000 photos showing when I want to add an attachment. Your other points are just as valid.

But just so others don't label me a troll - you can have more than one playlist. You just have to create them on another device and move them to the pb.

The format ignores folders

#EXTM3U
    #EXTINF:540,Barber - Barber Adagio
    Barber\Barber Adagio.mp3
    #EXTINF:680,Beethoven - 9th Symphony 2
    Beethoven 9th Symphony\Beethoven - 9th Symphony 2.mp3
    #EXTINF:583,Beethoven - Beeth Piano Conc5-3
    Beethoven Piano Concerto 5\Beeth Piano Conc5-3.mp3
    #EXTINF:766,Beethoven - Symphony No. 6 - Happy feelings arounsed on arrival in the country
    Beethoven Symphony No 6\1 Symphony No. 6 - Happy feelings arounsed on arrival in the country.MP3
    #EXTINF:246,Blood Sweat & Tears - And etcWhen
    Blood Sweat and Tears\And When I Die.mp3
    #EXTINF:184,Blood Sweat & Tears - More And re
    Blood Sweat and Tears\More And ore.mp3

(darn, the wrapping is all wrong!)
    10-28-11 04:30 PM
56 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD