..I mean, the PB is fine for how I want to use it, I don't care about any update.
    02-19-12 07:02 AM
    ..I mean, the PB is fine for how I want to use it, I don't care about any update.
    The sanest person in this forum...besides yours truly, of course.
    02-19-12 07:26 AM
    The sanest person in this forum...besides yours truly, of course.
    So true!
    02-19-12 07:27 AM
    LOL! I hear ya ... I don't need an update, as the PB does pretty much all I need it to do too. But I did like what I saw in the 2.0 beta for the brief time I had it installed; so I am looking forward to seeing how much better it will do it, checking out new goodies in the OS, and generally just having it freshened up. My biggest problem is going to be dragging myself away from it and going to work Tuesday morning.
    02-19-12 07:34 AM
    That's crazy talk. I don't need $100 bucks but I would take it if it fell in my lap.
    FF22 and Flexin like this.
    02-19-12 07:40 AM
    My thoughts exactly.

I bought my playbook to meet my needs based on what it was. I never too much cared for the iOS interface of the ipod/ipad, yet i still considered buying a refurb 1st gen ipad when the 2 came out because apple had them priced to move and the playbook was slow getting out. But I resisted. Tried the android tabs - galaxy and xoom- but could not get used to the interface.

I must have hit stores a dozen times to fiddle with the playbook before I decided to buy one about 3 months after launch. I liked the size, interface. It met my needs. So I bought it.

Could it do more - sure. When OS2 comes, I will migrate my personal email there and keep the work email bridged (or integrate the BES, depending on how my IT department feels), and I know I'll like the folders option.

To me now, everything else that comes is an extra helping of desert
    02-19-12 07:46 AM
    Really the only thing that has me looking forward to OS2 is
    the addition of some free Android apps.
    That's not saying the new features are not great, cause they are
    and much needed for a lot of people, but def nothing I need.
    02-19-12 07:49 AM
    Okay good for the OP, but i dont share the sentiment.

I love the playbook but I bought a device that holds more potential than the current OS brings to the table, I want not only OS 2 but i want all the features that rim said were coming, ultimately, with this tablet.
    02-19-12 07:54 AM
    I understand the sentiment of the OP. I see all these posts regarding all the supposed shortcomings of the Playbook and it makes me wonder. My Playbook does everything I want it to do. The combination of the Playbook and a OS7 phone seems almost perfect to me.

That having been said I am interested to see what new features and improvements OS2 brings us. Not so much the access to Android apps. Since I bought my palybook almost 2 months ago there has been a massive increase in apps available in App World, but very little increase in useful apps.
    02-19-12 07:59 AM
    That's crazy talk. I don't need $100 bucks but I would take it if it fell in my lap.
    While this fantasy might be true, if you your day goes by without a surprise visit from Benjamin, it will be just like any other day in one's life, a great BlackBerry PlayBook day.
    rjedge54 likes this.
    02-19-12 08:04 AM
    While this fantasy might be true, if you your day goes by without a surprise visit from Benjamin, it will be just like any other day in one's life, a great BlackBerry PlayBook day.
    I see the point.
    02-19-12 08:12 AM
    I'm with you Fosse.
    Some people seem incapable of looking at a product, and despite forking over good money for it, doing their best to find everything they don't like about it and dream to death of updates. It was good enough when you bought it, but the idea of something newer makes it suddenly inferior, or at the least, is a let-down in some fashion.

Maybe ignorance is bliss and there's something so pressing about OS 2 that I'm not aware of, and there are some elements coming in 2.0 I would welcome, but if I heard OS 2 wasn't being released till next year, it wouldn't matter. I love this damn PB
    alnamvet68 likes this.
    02-19-12 08:14 AM
    My PB has been sitting on the desk doing nothing for about a month or so.

I hope 2.0 is worth the wait.

Still have not heard if SMS will be added to the bridge function.

Tim

Sent from my BlackBerry
    02-19-12 08:29 AM
    I'm with you Fosse.
    Some people seem incapable of looking at a product, and despite forking over good money for it, doing their best to find everything they don't like about it and dream to death of updates. It was good enough when you bought it, but the idea of something newer makes it suddenly inferior, or at the least, is a let-down in some fashion.

Maybe ignorance is bliss and there's something so pressing about OS 2 that I'm not aware of, and there are some elements coming in 2.0 I would welcome, but if I heard OS 2 wasn't being released till next year, it wouldn't matter. I love this damn PB
    Many of you arent looking at it from another perspective.

If many of us had bought a product and it did everything we were told it would do, then you are correct, we would all be unfairly pessimistic and seeing the glass half empty. However, there have been more than one forum polls taken regarding the "state of this device", asking posters to rate in terms of a % how "finished".. How many features it has vs. what we were told it would have. The results averaged around 50%, which i think is fair... meaning at current most users feel the device can only do half of what we were told it could do. That is a big difference from buying a device and griping about features we were never told it would have.
    02-19-12 08:31 AM
    I'm toying with the possibility of being in a state of agreement with the OP and still welcoming OS2 with arms wide open
    02-19-12 08:31 AM
    As the PB stands today- for me it does all that I wanted and wished from a tablet.
    Yes, the OS2.0 is going to bring in much more and I can't wait to enjoy them too
    We are on route to have the PB realize its fullest potential with the release of OS2.0... no complains at all
    saudadeii and Willard814 like this.
    02-19-12 08:36 AM
    I bought the PlayBook(s) for a number of reasons, and when I did, and did often , I did my research first, and knew full well what the opposing camp(s) had to say about the PB, and inspite of what others have mis-characterized as a big fat fail on the part of RIM for having released a "half-baked" tablet, I found that it had exactly what I was looking for in a tablet PC, has performed flawlessly (as well as those I gifted to family on XMAS), and I wouldn't trade or sell something that has performed as expected, in such an elegant, refined, sturdily built, and portable platform. That said, the PB's coming OS 2.0 I treat as a gift from RIM, a nice to have upgraded OS, which, if it didn't/doesn't come, will not change the way I feel about my PlayBook.
    anindoc, jafobabe, kbz1960 and 3 others like this.
    02-19-12 08:39 AM
    I got my playbook as a Xmas present. I think its the best Xmas present I have ever recieved in its present form. 2.0 will be icing on the cake. I am raelly looking forward to spell chekc.
    02-19-12 09:17 AM
    I got my playbook as a Xmas present. I think its the best Xmas present I have ever recieved in its present form. 2.0 will be icing on the cake. I am raelly looking forward to spell chekc.
    Yipperz, that spill czech wyl bee a must wilcumm feecher endead.
    02-19-12 09:20 AM
    "Update 2.0? We don't need no stinking 2.0 update." (In my Mexican bandit voice from Blazing Saddles) lmao
    Last edited by Willard814; 02-19-12 at 02:10 PM.
    alnamvet68 and jafobabe like this.
    02-19-12 09:23 AM
    So you must have a real life and bought your PB for practical reasons and not out of some sense of fad-ness or fashion.

Good on you!!!
    02-19-12 09:32 AM
    That's good for you, and you are certainly entitled to your view. There are, I am sure, plenty of Crackberrians that agree with you. Regardless, you are in the minority. OS 2.0 will fix the major gripes that the public at large had: a lack of native e-mail and more apps. The other features are icing on the cake.

And whether or not you care, this translates to a better Playbook for everyone. The logic is that if more people by the Playbook, then developers will not be able to afford to ignore the Playbook anymore, since it will become a significant source of revenue. The more the users, the more the available apps, and even that, without adding the other advantages of OS 2.0, is worth its weight in gold.
    Last edited by Barredbard; 02-19-12 at 11:04 AM.
    02-19-12 09:42 AM
    I welcome the update more to stop the complaining then the features it will bring.
    I have a feeling the complaining will not stop unfortunately.
    Toodeurep and rjedge54 like this.
    02-19-12 10:11 AM
    I welcome the update more to stop the complaining then the features it will bring.
    I have a feeling the complaining will not stop unfortunately.
    I'll give up my PlayBook to the first who PM's me if the complaining stops for 365 days in a row starting with OS 2.0 update date.
    02-19-12 10:17 AM
    I'll give up my PlayBook to the first who PM's me if the complaining stops for 365 days in a row starting with OS 2.0 update date.
    Thats smart you know its never going to happen
    Willard814 likes this.
    02-19-12 10:20 AM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD