It was plugged. In the morning I found it on the carpeted floor. The charging cord end was bent. I tried to bend it back and there casued the problem.

The little tab in the plug of the playbook seems to be broken. I can't push the cord in.

I bought this day one from Best Buy(CDN). I bought the extended warranty too.

So my question to you... Do I take it back to Best Buy for repair or send it to Rim? Not sure if this injury would be covered under the warranty.

I miss it already!
    11-08-11 06:44 AM
    If you bought the extended warranty from Best Buy then you should take it back there and see if it is covered or not.
    11-08-11 07:19 AM
    I would be taking it in to Best Buy too!! Let everyone know how good their warrenty is ok.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-08-11 07:51 AM
    Not many warranties will cover this kind of damage. Chances are you'll be paying big bucks to get it fixed.

If the PlayBook still works fine and you don't think its a fire hazard why don't use just use the Rapid Charger port? It'll save you money and you'll power the PlayBook even quicker!
    11-08-11 07:59 AM
    Lack of USB data transfer though w/o that port is kind of pointless though.
    11-08-11 08:33 AM
    I have yet to get it to work, however there is the wifi sharing option. Can this be setup without the use of the USB port? Might be a decent enought solution as I'm sure that fixing that would be expensive. Plus it can't be any slower of a transfer rate than USB as it takes a good while with larger files.
    11-08-11 09:44 AM
    Wifi transfer can avoid the usb port. Although I'm sure that the usb might be necessary for some things - like backup with Desktop Manager.
    11-08-11 09:48 AM
    I have yet to use the USB port for anything other than charging. Haven"t connected to the DM. I find file transfer easiest by dropbox or email.

I am thinking of just getting a rapid charger. This might be the easiest and cheapest route to go.

I will go to Best Buy and check out what they have to say. Have to find my receipt first though!

Thanks for the advice.
    11-08-11 04:47 PM
    As f2 stated at some point and time you will need DM. No way around that. Who knows your warranty might cover it. You won't know unless you try.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    11-08-11 05:05 PM
    It was plugged. In the morning I found it on the carpeted floor. The charging cord end was bent. I tried to bend it back and there casued the problem.

The little tab in the plug of the playbook seems to be broken. I can't push the cord in.

So my question to you... Do I take it back to Best Buy for repair or send it to Rim? Not sure if this injury would be covered under the warranty.

I miss it already!
    Well sorry to hear that - at least you didn't blame RIM lol
    You could get the charger stand to charge it for the time being until you get the nerve to do without. depends on how much you use desktop manager - I haven't yet.

I think there was an extended policy offered by Best Buy for this, not sure, but obviously too late.

I feel your pain.
    11-08-11 10:31 PM
    I have yet to use the USB port for anything other than charging. Haven"t connected to the DM. I find file transfer easiest by dropbox or email.

I am thinking of just getting a rapid charger. This might be the easiest and cheapest route to go.

I will go to Best Buy and check out what they have to say. Have to find my receipt first though!

Thanks for the advice.
    Having worked at BestBuy (a long time ago) your best bet is to try and swing this as a manufacture's defect. The extended warranties are usually crap. Not really sure how bad the damage looks, but I would say the plug got stuck or something along those lines. I know this is dishonest but whoever sold you the warranty probably told you something dishonest to get you to purchase it. (I sincerely hope you prove me wrong though and they end up replacing it for you!!)

And if you don't have your receipt, just give them your phone number. They can look you up in their system - it's the reason they ask for it - and see all of your previous purchases.

Let us know what happens!
    Ankieberry likes this.
    11-08-11 11:22 PM
    I think for wifi file transfer to work you must have plugged it into DM on the particular PC at least once.
    11-09-11 06:34 AM
    I thought the BB warranty covers damage regardless? They always pitch it mentioning "how fragile the glass screen can be" blah blah blah blah.
    11-09-11 06:45 AM
    I thought the BB warranty covers damage regardless? They always pitch it mentioning "how fragile the glass screen can be" blah blah blah blah.
    Yes they do cover damages, but not the customer induced ones most of the times. If you can swing the story on the side of it being 'manufacturers defect' then its all good and easy. Otherwise its a tough sale !
    11-09-11 09:42 AM

I miss it already!
    I currently work at Best Buy and you likely purchased an accidental geek squad black tie protection plan on your playbook. This sounds to me like an accident and Best Buy should be able to cover it. You will just be out the money that you paid for the protection plan. However don't quote me on this as the decision around "accidents" is based solely on the store and the stores in Canada may be different than the US stores. Let us know what they say!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-09-11 10:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD