I believe I broke the Android Player on my Playbook I was trying to side load some BAR files after the 2.0 release as per the recent post here on Crackberry and I accidently uploaded the SYS file twice (it was on there from before) and the apps that use the Android Player would open but just throw errors until I closed it. So I tried to install it again and then the Android Player icon showed up on my PB but none of the apps would launch; the screen would just flash as if they were trying. So I then DELETED the Android Player (yes, I got the warning that I was deleting the app) and now even apps from App World (Lastpass specifically) won�t launch at all

Do I need to wipe and start over or is there a way to restore the Android Player functionally? One note: this PB did have the DEV 2.0 on it and I installed the public one OVER that without doing a wipe. Also, yes I do realize this is my fault!

Thanks in advance!
    02-23-12 07:11 AM
    Wish I could help, hang in there! Someone will come along with some good advice!
    02-23-12 09:00 AM
    Out of curiosity, is "side loading" a RIM approved method of downloading apps?
    02-23-12 09:01 AM
    02-23-12 09:03 AM
    Out of curiosity, is "side loading" a RIM approved method of downloading apps?
    I doubt RIM or the app developer approve of it.
    02-23-12 09:03 AM
    yes security wipe it.

no developer upload is not an approved way to get apps into ur playbook. (read the disclaimer)
    02-23-12 09:06 AM
    @ignites: That is what I was expected would be the answer. I will wipe and re-load tonight or tomorrow and update the results. This time when I sideload I will read before I click
    02-23-12 09:45 AM
    dude, the android player was already installed, you didn't have to load the sys file :/
    02-23-12 09:54 AM
    @f1mx: Yes - I know that and I realized it right after I did it. I won't make that mistake again
    02-23-12 09:56 AM
    Sounds like a clean wipe is your best option, fortunately App World will remember you and let you redownload your apps. Make sure to backup your music, videos and pictures!
    02-23-12 10:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD