...as well as setting my SMTP password? The password for the email account they are asking for i have entered like 20 times already and it just keeps asking. This has happened before and seems to happen once I have gone on location somewhere, hooked up to a different wireless and tried checking my email on playbook. When I get back home this "enter password" stuff starts up and doesn't let up.
    It's really getting beyond a annoying. Oh,and I don't even know what IMAP and SMTP is.

Help??
    xindy likes this.
    09-14-13 10:02 PM
    ...as well as setting my SMTP password? The password for the email account they are asking for i have entered like 20 times already and it just keeps asking. This has happened before and seems to happen once I have gone on location somewhere, hooked up to a different wireless and tried checking my email on playbook. When I get back home this "enter password" stuff starts up and doesn't let up.
    It's really getting beyond a annoying. Oh,and I don't even know what IMAP and SMTP is.

Help??
    LOL!! It's a pain in you know what. Try read through this see if you can get the answer.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ssword-756750/
    My two playbook still asking me frequently for my yahoo related accounts. I rarely have any issues with gmail or hotmail accounts.
    And if you have the time you can read up on this.
    http://geekinc.ca/smtp-vs-imap-vs-pop3/
    and this.
    http://www.serverintellect.com/suppo...mail-settings/
    Last edited by bambinoitaliano; 09-14-13 at 10:19 PM.
    GV2012 likes this.
    09-14-13 10:07 PM
    Make sure you are on wifi. Apparently, IMAP is one of the few things that won't transfer through bridge.
    09-15-13 06:48 AM
    Make sure you are on wifi. Apparently, IMAP is one of the few things that won't transfer through bridge.
    I think that explains why one of my playbook keep asking for email password. I travel with one in and out of home everyday.
    09-15-13 06:50 AM
    It's always wifi as I don't have bridge. For me it almost always happens when I leave my home wifi and hook onto another.
    So I am now on day 2 and it is still coming up... I am now just ignoring it
    09-15-13 10:54 AM
    Mine did that for a while, I think I deleted the account then re-add it, it is a yahoo account btw, it no longer asks for the password.
    09-15-13 05:41 PM
    So after the message/pop up wouldn't go away I gave in and deleted then added again the account. That seems to have solved the error message issue but what a PITA!!!!!!!
    09-17-13 06:20 AM
    Don't worry, it will be fixed in the next version of the Playbook OS...oh, wait.
    kbz1960 and blueberrymerry like this.
    09-17-13 12:33 PM
    Use your pc to sign into your yahoo account and tick the "keep me signed in" If you seldom use your pc for this you need to do it every two weeks. Go into settings to make sure that option is checked.
    09-18-13 05:25 PM
    Use your pc to sign into your yahoo account and tick the "keep me signed in" If you seldom use your pc for this you need to do it every two weeks. Go into settings to make sure that option is checked.
    It's not a yahoo account.
    09-19-13 06:25 AM