Ok, I just downloaded the Blackberry software onto my laptop to be able to transfer files to my Playbook. I have Windows 7 OS on the laptop. It keeps telling me there is an error transferring, gives some troubleshooting but I do not see anything wrong with my computer. The Playbook showed it was connected to my computer, I used the USB cable that came with the Playbook. Does someone have a solution so I can transfer my files? I am all ears! Thank you!
    09-11-12 05:24 PM
    My computer seems to recognize the Playbook now but I do not know how to get my Word documents and my pictures that are on my laptop to the Playbook! I only see options to transfer my files that are in my Playbook to my computer. Any help appreciated
    09-11-12 05:34 PM
    Try a different cable...
    09-11-12 05:34 PM
    Open My Computer on your laptop. Your PB should show up as a drive (probably z). Click on it and your media folders should show up. You can copy files from your laptop and then paste them into the media folders on your PB.
    09-11-12 05:44 PM
    Connect the playbook and usb drivers should start up with a few messages, one of them is about mass storage device.

Once connected just use windows explorer to copy and paste to/from the playbook. The playbook will probably show as drive z:

PS - on the playbook you need to go to storage and sharing and turn on file sharing, you could also turn on wifi sharing and do it wireless if you want.
    09-11-12 05:48 PM
    Ok, I was able to transfer my word files. I can't seem to figure out how to transfer my photos though...the cable was fine, I reconnected it for a second time and it worked. Any advice on photo transferring?
    09-11-12 05:49 PM
    Photos can be transferred the same way you transferred your Word files. Simply cut and paste or drag from one location to another. You can also selectively sync any pictures through Blackberry Desktop Manager.
    09-11-12 06:41 PM
    Thank you so much, it worked! Now I am able to transfer documents and photos!
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    09-11-12 07:19 PM
    You might want to try out transferring files via WIFI. No cables required and don't risk damaging your microUSB port:
    Share files between your computer and tablet using Wi-Fi - User Guide - BlackBerry PlayBook Tablet - 2.0
    09-12-12 08:24 AM
    how can I transfer the games from laptop to playbook...pls ans me as soon as possible
    06-28-13 10:26 AM
    how can I transfer the games from laptop to playbook...pls ans me as soon as possible
    What games?

Sent from my Z10 using my paid app from Google playstore.
    Not paying for this 3 times. Twice is enough.
    06-28-13 10:38 AM
    What games are you referring too? You can't just transfer any game to your PlayBook
    06-28-13 10:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD