I am not going to lie to any of you. As a blackberry fan, I am hurt.

My reason for buying a PlayBook was because of the BB10... And partly because I figured it would be better than having to actually getting a new blackberry model phone (this was way before the Z10 and the Q10/Q5). And even till now, I have been patiently awaiting the BB10 for the tablet.

So now, here I am thinking about how outdated my playbook would be. No new OSes for the last couple months and no new good apps worth paying for.

Am I, as a fan, supposed to continue to have faith in a company that can't even give small compensations to the fans that have stood by them, through thick, thin and just plain mean times when the world was against them?

I stuck by my playbook because I couldn't (and still can't) afford a bb10 device, and because of the small promises they dished out. And with no updates in the foreseeable future, should I be giving my playbook a funeral?

I am not happy. I am not pleased.

I hate to say this, but at this very moment, I don't even think I have the heart to defend or promote any blackberry product.

It is not fair.
    06-28-13 12:07 PM
    Just keep using the PB as it is, bugs and warts and screwups and all, accept the very limited app range and you'll be happy. Keep your expectations to an absolute minimum and everything will be just fine

If you really want to use your tablet as a proper mobile computer, just dump the stupid thing and get a Nexus 7 or iPad Mini. I'm more interested in a Win8 8" device as soon as that comes out.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    06-28-13 12:14 PM
    Just keep using the PB as it is, bugs and warts and screwups and all, accept the very limited app range and you'll be happy. Keep your expectations to an absolute minimum and everything will be just fine

If you really want to use your tablet as a proper mobile computer, just dump the stupid thing and get a Nexus 7 or iPad Mini. I'm more interested in a Win8 8" device as soon as that comes out.
    Exactly! I love my pb just the way it is. I'm too old to be surprised by things people like Thor do or say, I've met too many of them in my time. Enjoy what you have not what you want!
    dphjeff and FF22 like this.
    06-28-13 12:22 PM
    Until they make a statement you in limbo.I dont know brother.BB10 is awesome.But looks like its too much for the PB to handle if teh PB had teh extra ram it would of made it but that 1 ram is too weak by looks of things.

But regardless they need to put out statements and just tell the truth,tell the truth less people will be angry.
    06-28-13 12:26 PM
    I'm pretty emotionally messed up now, too. On the PB side, I just can't understand how they couldn't upgrade a QNX-related OS someway or anyway to give an acceptable experience. So, I'm mad at BBRY. Then I read the lowlights of their conference call Q1 earnings report. So I am sad for BBRY. But then I think about how could they mess up a great thing like BB10 and I am mad at BBRY. Back and forth. Emotional rollercoaster. Def a weekend buster...
    sad_old_man and FF22 like this.
    06-28-13 12:44 PM
    I'm pretty emotionally messed up now, too. On the PB side, I just can't understand how they couldn't upgrade a QNX-related OS someway or anyway to give an acceptable experience. So, I'm mad at BBRY. Then I read the lowlights of their conference call Q1 earnings report. So I am sad for BBRY. But then I think about how could they mess up a great thing like BB10 and I am mad at BBRY. Back and forth. Emotional rollercoaster. Def a weekend buster...
    Has it only just dawned on you that you are a "GOOSEBERRY". You are not like other people (thank god) therefore you are always emotional. You need to come to terms with the fact that you are not normal. Once you accept this fact, as I did at the age of 6 months, then your life will improve dramatically.

May I suggest that you consult with my therapist who has just opened a new office in my cellar. His office hours are 7am to 7.10am as he needs to sleep as well as you do but feel free to amuse yourself in the cellar.

ps just to clarify the office hours that he works are:

7am Monday morning until 7.10am on Sunday morning inclusive.

pps bring your own pasties!
    06-28-13 12:56 PM
    Has it only just dawned on you that you are a "GOOSEBERRY". You are not like other people (thank god) therefore you are always emotional. You need to come to terms with the fact that you are not normal. Once you accept this fact, as I did at the age of 6 months, then your life will improve dramatically.

May I suggest that you consult with my therapist who has just opened a new office in my cellar. His office hours are 7am to 7.10am as he needs to sleep as well as you do but feel free to amuse yourself in the cellar.

ps just to clarify the office hours that he works are:

7am Monday morning until 7.10am on Sunday morning inclusive.

pps bring your own pasties!
    Not everyone is Vulcan like you. I think when I visit the wizard, I am going to ask for a emotion chip slot that I can turn on and off at will...like Commander Data. He's my idol.
    Shadowyugi likes this.
    06-28-13 01:05 PM
    Its disappointing. But Ibelieve they dont have enough spare cash because they didn't sell enough phones.
    They've got to figure out how to sell those Q10 phones and make money off the BBM for IOS etc and those blackberry channels.
    Im glad that its not my headache.
    06-28-13 01:09 PM
    Please use the official discussion thread for the Playbook: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...aybook-823015/

Thank you!

<closed>
    06-28-13 01:10 PM