06-11-11 07:10 PM
    It's only with the Equus which is truly a gorgeous car.
    I go to the dealership nearby every so often as I own a Gen Coupe and they're really nice.
    If it was the same car with a mercedes emblem it would easily be $60,000+
    Affordable luxury at it's finest.
    They announced this a while ago though
    06-11-11 07:17 PM
    My question to you would be, would you pay $50000 for Hyundai with so many better choices out there. No doubt it is a nice car, though I get your reason for the comment, now if Mercedes or BMW advertised the same thing I'd be more agreeable with your reasoning.
    06-11-11 07:32 PM
    I was at a seafood restaurant in Paris (St. Germain) last week (Restaurant Paris - Le Bar a huitres - SITE OFFICIEL) and they handed out menus on iPads. The restaurant wasn't "trop cher" either, I believe it was about 130 euros for three, and I recall a bottle of gewurztraminer, smoked salmon, escargot and Dover sole. I used my Playbook to take photos of my smoking dates...tr�s mignon d'ailleurs of course! Yes, the French still love to smoke....
    Last edited by BlackStormRising; 06-11-11 at 07:40 PM.
    06-11-11 07:38 PM
    Hyundai has completely transformed its image. Its already one of the top selling manufacturers in the u.s. Not because it's cheap. There is nothing cheap about their new lineup.
    Sonatas look better than any car in their class.
    The Genesis Coupe is definitely a head turner and drives like a dream (i'd know)
    My brother has a g37 coupe and even he was impressed, as are most people when they see it's a Hyundai.
    They're holding their value better than most cars. Bought mine 2 years ago and it's only lost $4500 which isn't much at all in terms of depreciation.
    Check the Equus out on the Hyundai website for full features. You'll be surprised to find it has features even mercedes/bmw/lexus/infinity don't.
    Last edited by FTWrath; 06-11-11 at 07:44 PM.
    06-11-11 07:42 PM
    Haha I just got a shiny red Hyundai Elantra (they're flying off the lot) but got the regular paper owners manual. Hyundai has really stepped up their game. I'm impressed. But when I was rocking the Playbook while waiting in their showroom, they had never seen one before. This time they were impressed.
    06-11-11 07:47 PM
    meh thats all i gotta say. anything can be used for what ever you want. when ever i go to eat were any normal blue collar person eats, if the place has a website i download the pdf menu off their site. mostly to save on paper and so i can get the heads up and order faster.
    06-11-11 08:11 PM
    My question to you would be, would you pay $50000 for Hyundai with so many better choices out there.
    Define 'better' please?
    06-11-11 08:18 PM
    Define 'better' please?
    better is in the eyes of the beholder. i for one would never go for a luxury car, i like performance. i have a house near the watkins glen nascar track. its one of the few road tracks, i have been dying since i first saw it to take a car like a wrx sti, porche 911 turbo, evo, lancer, gtr, etc. those would be better then any hyundai to me.
    06-11-11 08:26 PM
    Better because of the name?
    Seriously though, not trying to argue, simply look at the Hyundai performance.
    It's quickly become a top performance drift/road course car and set a world record on a drift course (can't remember which one)
    The V6 3.8 Coupe and 2.0T are probably the best you can buy in respective RWD class.

Both have also seen overwhelming after market support.

EDIT: It was at Pike's Peak (road course)
    Genesis Coupe sets new RWD Time Attack record at Pikes Peak
    Last edited by FTWrath; 06-11-11 at 08:36 PM.
    06-11-11 08:34 PM
    Define 'better' please?
    To me Mercedes, BMW, Audi which is a very well made car and less then the two I mentioned and Hyundai. I don't knock Hyundai as I said it is a very nice car but to me I would spend my money on the Audi before the Hyundai. But to be honest $50000 to do some remodeling on my house would be my honest choice, you can't live in a car no matter how sexy it looks on an iPad.
    Last edited by pablomdelgado; 06-11-11 at 08:37 PM.
    06-11-11 08:34 PM
    op,how did rim missed the boat on this one?. there is nothing wrong with innovation because it makes a difference and rim is all about it.now back to the hyundai giving away a free ipad.if it was me, i would take the car and leave the ipad on the car agent's desk for the ladies.ipad is not for me in any way possible.ok,lets say for instance if rim starts selling pb's with ferrari,lexus,and ford.where does that leave apple then?everyone is copying everyone today like apple coming out with imessage to counter rim's bbm.there is nothing more to say.
    06-11-11 09:05 PM
    Hyundai has completely transformed its image. Its already one of the top selling manufacturers in the u.s. Not because it's cheap. There is nothing cheap about their new lineup.
    Doesn't matter though. The expensive VW didn't sell because it was badged as a VW.

And what vehicles are in the Sonata's class as style/image are opinion based? Just curious.
    06-11-11 11:00 PM
    I was at a seafood restaurant in Paris (St. Germain) last week (Restaurant Paris - Le Bar a huitres - SITE OFFICIEL) and they handed out menus on iPads. The restaurant wasn't "trop cher" either, I believe it was about 130 euros for three, and I recall a bottle of gewurztraminer, smoked salmon, escargot and Dover sole. I used my Playbook to take photos of my smoking dates...tr�s mignon d'ailleurs of course! Yes, the French still love to smoke....
    Did you order though the ipad or where the menu's just on them? If I was made to order through an ipad the waiter/waitress would have to expect a buffet type tip. Not getting a 20% tip from me if the wait staff doesn't work for it. Just sayin.
    06-11-11 11:03 PM
    Doesn't matter though. The expensive VW didn't sell because it was badged as a VW.

And what vehicles are in the Sonata's class as style/image are opinion based? Just curious.
    Actually, Hyundai's ARE selling. They're one of the top selling cars in the U.S. I see the Genesis V8 Sedan quite often actually.
    Camry, Maxima, Mazda (not sure the badge) are ones I was referring to the Sonata.
    But anyway, to each their own as was earlier said.
    If I can get the same car (personally believe the style is very nice on the Genesis coupe too) for less money than a similar one that's $10,000 less and badged as a bmw then I'm clearly going with the less expensive one.
    06-11-11 11:13 PM
    better is in the eyes of the beholder. i for one would never go for a luxury car, i like performance. i have a house near the watkins glen nascar track. its one of the few road tracks, i have been dying since i first saw it to take a car like a wrx sti, porche 911 turbo, evo, lancer, gtr, etc. those would be better then any hyundai to me.
    I currently drive a 2011 BMW F10 550i with 400 hp and 400 lb torque. It is a really fast car with good performance.

However, our next car may be a Hyndai Equus instead of a BMW, Mercedes or Audi. I already have a Mercedes now so I want to drive a different car. An Audi was a consideration but I just don't like that big ugly front grill.
    The Equus is a great car. I like to try it out instead of getting the S-class, 750i or A8.
    06-11-11 11:16 PM
    to me it's the nissan versa - cheap car, with lots of headroom and legroom for the 6 ft 6 guy in the back seat.

tried out hyundais, only the sonata would fit me.

and yes, it's a gimmick for a restaurant to have to order using an ipad? all i got to say is the menu better include hp sauce, to mask the flavor of the sub-par dishes served there...
    06-11-11 11:18 PM
    Looks like RIM missed the boat on this one.

New Hyundai commercial advertises iPad� as the cars owner manual
    Why would you even post this in a BB PB forum? Has nothing to do with BB or PB...

Geesh..

Tim
    06-11-11 11:21 PM
    Why would you even post this in a BB PB forum? Has nothing to do with BB or PB...

Geesh..

Tim
    I think it's to help the self-loathing americans feel even worse about themselves by knowing that they are selling their souls to the korean car manufacturer, and supporting slave labour in china by receiving a free ipad. ... so this relates to PB by uh... er.... i don't know where i was going with that thought...
    06-11-11 11:40 PM
    Did you order though the ipad or where the menu's just on them? If I was made to order through an ipad the waiter/waitress would have to expect a buffet type tip. Not getting a 20% tip from me if the wait staff doesn't work for it. Just sayin.
    No, they were just using tablets instead of paper, going green by burning coal i suppose
    06-11-11 11:44 PM
    I currently drive a 2011 BMW F10 550i with 400 hp and 400 lb torque. It is a really fast car with good performance.

However, our next car may be a Hyndai Equus instead of a BMW, Mercedes or Audi. I already have a Mercedes now so I want to drive a different car. An Audi was a consideration but I just don't like that big ugly front grill.
    The Equus is a great car. I like to try it out instead of getting the S-class, 750i or A8.
    Well. If you dont care about resale value at all and just want to get off on the cheap, buy a Hyundai. Hyundai should not be in the same sentence as. (thought you had me didnt you) BMW or Mercedes. Hyundai and Audi have crap resale value.
    06-12-11 04:35 PM
    I think Hyundai's have come a long way but they are hampered but the generations that grew up with hyundais in thier bad times. (pony anyone?).

Until that generation is gone, Hyundai will still have the stereotype of making crappy cars.

I for one like the new Tucson.
    06-12-11 06:19 PM

Geesh..

Tim
    I think it's to help the self-loathing americans feel even worse about themselves by knowing that they are selling their souls to the korean car manufacturer, and supporting slave labour in china by receiving a free ipad. ... so this relates to PB by uh... er.... i don't know where i was going with that thought...
    I think he's trolling for chicks that have BB pins....

Just to pisss you guys off.
    06-12-11 06:38 PM
    RIM is thinking of giving away PlayBooks with any used car sold!
    06-12-11 10:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD