Yes, i'm also have an iPad but i use my PB more often. A couple of software i'm running on the iPad i whish i had also on my PB.

One of those apps i want is a good detailed hurricane tracking software like Hurricane HD i have on my iPad. Maybe some of you found already a good PB app?

Details are important to me like satelite images and forcasts. I live on Aruba in the caribbean and although Aruba is just out of the hurricane belt, i always want to be aware and prepared.
    11-06-11 07:06 PM
    I don't think there are any apps yet, but lots of the web sites work.

i use weatherunderground.com. Most of the features work well, except for the wundermap, which seems to have google earth layer to it, so it is difficult to scroll map with the touch screen. I works well with a mouse though.
    11-06-11 07:24 PM
    Currently i'm using a website also but rather have an app.

I hope the PB get a positive boost in the future so the developers get motivated to come out with some great software.
    11-06-11 08:40 PM
    You can email the developers of Hurricane HD and let them know that you'd love to have their app on your PlayBook. Tell them to check out the new developer tools for the PB that make developing and porting apps easier today than it used to be. We've got to reach out to developers and help educate them about the advantages to PB development!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-06-11 10:06 PM
    Once developers can use the NDK with Cascades UI (this month) then we can see cool, non-game apps for Playbook. right now we are pretty much stuck with AIR or WebWorks apps (except games) that generally do not have access to the hardware accelerated graphics. I will be excited to see some non-game apps developed with the NDK!

11-07-11 12:10 AM
    Once developers can use the NDK with Cascades UI (this month) then we can see cool, non-game apps for Playbook. ...

i hope you're right.
    11-07-11 05:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD