These HTLM5 sites doesn't work very well on the playbook.
    Is this an issue with the playbook browser or is the site only work well on PCs?
    Does anyone have an IPAD to try these site to see how it works?

Top 10 Best HTML5 Websites of 2011
    12-04-11 01:46 PM
    I tried these sites on my playbook and iPod touch and found them to be pretty much similar. It doesn't look like they were optimized for touchscreen devices.
    12-04-11 03:30 PM
    They work all very well on my pb aswel on my ipad2
    12-04-11 03:47 PM
    I must be seeing something different.
    In the first link - "The wilderness downtown" When you try to play the film after entering an address, it sponse 9 tabs. But only the music is playing and nothing in those tabs.
    On my PC , it uses multiple windows within a single browser tab to display a very cool film incorprating google images from the address you entered.
    12-04-11 05:37 PM
    Same here, and I couldn't play the billiards game since it relies on left and right mouse clicks.
    12-04-11 05:42 PM
    Xoom, iPad 2, PlayBook.. all act funny. Quite honestly, I don't believe HTML5 is ready for prime time at all -- or, no ones browsers are ready for HTML5.. even on my MacBook stuff looks messed up in different browsers.
    BlackStormRising and howarmat like this.
    12-04-11 05:45 PM
    hhhm interesting. Since 85% of the most visited sites uses flash in their content and 75% of videos use flash and most browsers don't support html5 well, it will take a year or two before HTML5 can become mainstream as web developer begin to convert flash over.
    12-04-11 05:53 PM
    Xoom, iPad 2, PlayBook.. all act funny. Quite honestly, I don't believe HTML5 is ready for prime time at all -- or, no ones browsers are ready for HTML5.. even on my MacBook stuff looks messed up in different browsers.
    Add BBOS's to that too...only site tyat seems to have consistency is YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAc8WVz49Co
    12-04-11 05:53 PM
    those are pretty advanced sites really. No mobile OS is that developed like was mentioned above. For the most part the PB should handle html5 very well though
    12-04-11 06:03 PM
    They don't work right on an ipad2
    12-04-11 07:09 PM
    my pb didn't run these sites properly Ex. The Wilderness Downtown - the birds were slow ....we should have improved html5 with OS2

pb users will have webGL with OS2 - "WebGL available via WebWorks"

FYI: Safari browser (Lion) - to turn on webGL, preferences -> advanced -> show Develop menu -> open Develop menu, click on enable webGL
    12-04-11 07:28 PM
    Not so much on the playbook. Win7 firefox seemed to work fine.
    12-04-11 07:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD