View Poll Results: HP Slate or BB PlayBook

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • HP Slate

9 18.37%
  • BB PlayBook

40 81.63%
    Now I know both models are not out yet, and yes, I've seen the spec sheet.

But I am debating when both devices are available in the future, which one to get?

I have my Torch and my 6GB data plan which I can easily tether to both devices.

Anyways, I'm doing a voting poll, and I'd love to hear everyones input.

VOTE NOW!
    11-15-10 12:44 AM
    HP Slate will use windows 7 right? I would definitely choose that over an android or iPad just because the benefits that win 7 gives is the reason I have a laptop and why my next pc will have windows 7. In saying that, will the HP slate be any faster than say a netbook?

What intrigues me about the playbook is using it as a companion to my Blackberry. Without this significant feature, I honestly wouldn't really care less about it. Sure the QNX software is exciting and the possibilities of increase support and developers jumping on to the new dev tools makes for good news for Blackberry users in general.
    As I said earlier, I probably wouldn't get a PlayBook if it weren't for that sole important reason and being able to (time to use a marketing term) 'amplify' my BB experience. Apps aren't a big reason why I chose a blackberry but I'm all for more support and development because a lot of people need to have 100's of mini apps on their phone/tablet. I'm cool with options
    11-15-10 06:36 AM
    I agree. I'd buy a Windows product over any other. On the other hand I don't much like HPs after sales service.

If Dell made a Windows 7 tablet then I definitely consider one.

I probably won't bother since I have a new-ish laptop and a Kindle. Oh yeah, and a BlackBerry.
    11-15-10 06:47 AM
    HP Slate will use windows 7 right? I would definitely choose that over an android or iPad just because the benefits that win 7 gives is the reason I have a laptop and why my next pc will have windows 7. In saying that, will the HP slate be any faster than say a netbook?
    Probably slower since it is a netbook that also has to deal with all the touchscreen stuff as well.
    11-15-10 09:05 AM
    yay an on paper battle to see whats better....wait till we can actually see them in action then we will see which one is better
    11-15-10 09:28 AM
    HP Slate would be the only thing keeping me from buying the Playbook.

I had a "tablet" laptop from HP before--- the screen would twist and fold into a tablet--it was cool.. but it was too heavy/hot for business travel--- but its features and capabilities were great.

The advantages for me on the Slate is that--- Windows 7 ( OS that i know works), the stylus pen for signing documents & taking notes.

The only disadvantage i see is the Processor-- ATOM? But then again-- i dont expect to be working full/demanding programs on this unit----- but could operate slow on startup and runs 2 programs...

Either way im not going to rush and will wait to get my hands on both before making a decision.
    11-15-10 10:25 AM
    The Slate is a really tempting device. Since it runs Windows 7 Tether should work on it, right?

The only thing that really turns me off from the Slate is its price. I'll wait and see what the reviews have to say about the PlayBook.
    11-15-10 11:15 AM
    Yes teather should work. It works on my windows 7 laptop.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-15-10 11:55 AM
    I'm done with the cluster**** known as Windows. I'd take any platform over something made by M$. I don't care if Windows 7 is the best OS ever invented, I know that M$ will destroy it with bloated "updates" and "patches".
    11-15-10 12:57 PM
    I thought the HP Slate was cancelled or something? I remember looking into this before the Playbook was even a rumor.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-15-10 10:22 PM
    hp slate not doing very well.
    11-16-10 12:36 AM
    hp slate not doing very well.
    Wrong.

HP Slate pre-orders reached 9,000. HP predicted 5,000. They had to bring more people in to help with the orders. They actually gave the angry customers $100 off.

It's nice to see the people who posted in here, are actually leaning towards HP Slate, but voters are choosing PlayBook without input.
    11-16-10 12:22 PM
    Wrong.

HP Slate pre-orders reached 9,000. HP predicted 5,000. They had to bring more people in to help with the orders. They actually gave the angry customers $100 off.

It's nice to see the people who posted in here, are actually leaning towards HP Slate, but voters are choosing PlayBook without input.
    even 9,000 is pretty anemic, dontcha think??
    11-16-10 12:28 PM
    it depends, like stated they want 5000 to start so 9000 to start is a great. who knows what will happen after that though
    11-16-10 04:09 PM
    probably a PB but not sure what is up with the slate
    11-17-10 02:26 AM
    Definitely a PB, unless HP worked some magic on Windows 7 to make it tablet-ready. (which I highly doubt.)
    11-19-10 03:31 AM
    I purchased a HP slate 500 a few weeks ago on ebay for $600.00 and i also purchased a PB at best Buy to compare the two.

My intention was to look for a laptop replacement.

PB
    Great for media.. audio and video
    On screen keyboard
    Gestures
    Compatibility with BB phone

Hp slate
    Windows 7- Office * Outlook, Word, Onenote...etc
    All the programs i need for work..
    Pen Input

The cons were that the PB while powerful-- wasnt doing much on the professional side. Limited programs..still a phone o/s.

The cons on the HP Slate were: atom processor-- which is fine for email, web and most common tasks--- but it would have been nice to have alittle extra zip.
    Speakers are not as powerful as the PB.

I was concerned that Windows 7 was not tablet ready.... but i disagree...

PB was a sweet device that will continue to get updated and get new features..but recommend hp slate for anyone that wants to use windows as a o/s for a tablet.

i gave the PB to my wife...and she loves it..
    07-19-11 09:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD