Since i get tons of bar files from people around the world to test their apps when in development is there any way to install this bar files on beta OS2?

on 1.0.7 i used to use "Playbook Tools" or "BBHTools" to install bar files, but when i updated my PB to beta OS2 im not able to use this apps no more. bar files just dont want to install... :S

any help?!?!?!?!!
    10-20-11 10:37 AM
    bar files on OS2beta are easy to install if you download the DDPB installer to your windows desktop, there are threads around to explain all this, so i won't bore you with it....but with DDPB on my windows desktop and a usb link to playbook, it was easy for me and i know next to nothing about all this stuff...good luck...
    10-20-11 11:39 AM
    Try the STICKY OS 2.0 BETA Android Apps- APKs/BARs- TESTED/CONFIRMED/FAILED/Testing/Converting.

I am not a Tecky, but this may help.

Good luck!

M
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    10-20-11 11:41 AM
    OK guys... thanx for help!!! its a bit strange... but its working when connected with USB... but does not work over wifi... strange... but at least i can install this files now!!!!!!!!
    10-20-11 11:49 AM
    I am trying to use DDPB to install bar files to PB 2.0. Its says it is completed but no Icons show up on PB. What am I missing?
    10-26-11 08:32 PM
    Try #4

I will try this when i get some spare time, lol

(Instructions by technomensch)

The short, short, short version.....

1.Download the DDPB installer from the very first post in this thread
    2.Download the BAR/ZIP files that we've already converted
    3.Go into your Playbook Setting Menu
    4.Security >> Developer Mode >> Set Password
    5.Connect Playbook to Computer (Only PC as far as I know)
    6.Open DDPB
    7.Put the IP address listed in the Developer Mode screen into the DDPB installer
    8.Put your password into DDPB
    9.File the BAR files created and add them to the list to be installed
    10.Put check in the boxes for the applications you want to install
    11.Hit the Install button
    12.Exit the program
    13.If the Apps don't work, and/or you had the previous Android Player installed, perform Security Wipe in Setting Menu, Rinse, and Repeat.
    10-27-11 01:19 AM
    ok, so i`ll put down how i do it, is real real easy, and now i wont be explaining stuff, because dev`s will know what im saying and its a dev beta

we all know we can use the cmd line tools to install an app, but thats typing out loadsa stuff all the time, which just gets annoying, so i made a batch file, and simply edit the .bar filename as needed.

1) on your pb enter development mode, and note your IP (which you can set yourself in OS2) and password
    2) place your .bar file and the .bat file iv put instructions for below into the \bin folder of your playbook tools, be it webworks or tablet sdk, for example c:\program files (x86)\research in motion\blackberry-tablet-sdk\bin
    3) connect to pc via usb (i always find wifi iffy for installs) and if needed, enter device password.
    4) in dos, firstly ensure java is running, then navigate to the \bin folder as mentioned in step 2
    5) run the .bat file, and your done

.bat file -
    Code:
    blackberry-deploy -installApp -launchApp  -device 123.456.0.0 -package email.bar -password 123456
    alter the IP address with the IP taken from step 1, alter the .bar to correspond to what you are installing, alter the password set in step 1.

find .bat file zipped and attached for ease of use

edit: of course i `save as` for each new .bat file so you can install many at a time, going one step further, if installing a fair few .bar files, id say make a .bat file to execute the individual install .bat files, so you can install multiple apps in one go.
    Last edited by BBThemes; 10-27-11 at 01:47 AM.
    10-27-11 01:45 AM
    Having an issue with installing android player. It'll install, but force closes everytime. i've wiped the device twice and still no workin'...lol
    12-06-11 06:59 PM
    Having an issue with installing android player. It'll install, but force closes everytime. i've wiped the device twice and still no workin'...lol
    what closes? the app or the android player? if your not on OS2 then its the player. you need OS2
    12-06-11 07:02 PM
    what closes? the app or the android player? if your not on OS2 then its the player. you need OS2
    android player. yes i have OS2. my bad.
    12-06-11 07:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD