Hi

I'm in UK. I'm wanting to watch some programmes that have previously been shown on ITV3. I can access and play them on my PC so, in theory, surely I should be able to play them on my Playbook too?

I've opened the ITV Player, even by typing in the same web address as on my PC browser, opening the web page but it opens what looks like the 'mobile' page. So, having a look around the page, there is nowhere to select Watch again stuff. I put the programme I wanted in the search box but it comes up saying "Search is currently unavailable while we are making some improvements to the ITV website" - I don't get any of this on PC and I can watch the programme ok - just not portable to where I want to watch it

Is there something I'm just not doing, or what? Can someone who knows how to do / has done this, please could you give me some guidance? It would be very much appreciated.

Cheers
    12-20-13 11:39 AM
    Since your PB is showing the mobile version, I gather you're using the PB browser?

Try this: download Origami Browser from BB World and put it in desktop mode. The site should load as it does on your PC and you should in theory be able to watch video. If that doesn't work, you may have to play around with the user agent of the browser (under Settings).
    Gooseberry Falls likes this.
    12-20-13 11:46 AM
    Thanks. I'll give it a try and post back a bit later
    12-20-13 12:21 PM
    Hi

I'm in UK. I'm wanting to watch some programmes that have previously been shown on ITV3. I can access and play them on my PC so, in theory, surely I should be able to play them on my Playbook too?

I've opened the ITV Player, even by typing in the same web address as on my PC browser, opening the web page but it opens what looks like the 'mobile' page. So, having a look around the page, there is nowhere to select Watch again stuff. I put the programme I wanted in the search box but it comes up saying "Search is currently unavailable while we are making some improvements to the ITV website" - I don't get any of this on PC and I can watch the programme ok - just not portable to where I want to watch it

Is there something I'm just not doing, or what? Can someone who knows how to do / has done this, please could you give me some guidance? It would be very much appreciated.

Cheers
    Mine works and I'm not even in the UK?
    12-20-13 01:09 PM
    Mine works and I'm not even in the UK?
    I remind you, this is "Be Kind to Gooseberries" month....
    12-20-13 02:19 PM
    I remind you, this is "Be Kind to Gooseberries" month....
    Wot yous doin in the UK grape?
    12-20-13 02:26 PM
    Wot yous doin in the UK grape?
    Not in the UK. In this season of helping, giving, and sharing, please tell Cousin Fool how you are doing it? And how did you fix your wifi!!!!!?????
    sad_old_man likes this.
    12-20-13 02:37 PM
    Not in the UK. In this season of helping, giving, and sharing, please tell Cousin Fool how you are doing it? And how did you fix your wifi!!!!!?????
    Oh did I tell you I fixed my wifi saved connection problem?
    12-20-13 02:44 PM
    Oh did I tell you I fixed my wifi saved connection problem?
    Is there an "unhug" emoticon in the list?
    sad_old_man and Cynycl like this.
    12-20-13 02:49 PM
    Is there an "unhug" emoticon in the list?
    Wots a motikon?
    12-20-13 02:50 PM
    Wots a motikon?
    I'm also resigning as campaign manager for "S_O_M for Moderadiator". OP, sorry for the hijack...
    sad_old_man and Cynycl like this.
    12-20-13 02:54 PM
    Thanks for the support, Gooseberry Falls.
    So, old man, has your cellar door got stuck or sumfing??? Maybe I should ship you a bottle or two over there??? Would that cheer you up? This is supposed to be a 'happy' season, doing goodwill to all men, and women. Maybe time to change your name to happy-old-man perhaps?

Anyway, back to the reason for the season oops, post, I took the advice of mh1983 and downloaded Origami browser. Interestingly, I can now get to watch previously shown programmes on my Playbook. So, I'm very grateful to mh1983 for being so helpful, giving such good advice and sharing his experience, especially in this festive season.

So, a further question ... Why is it that I can watch the 'Catch up' programmes via Origami but not via the Playbook browser, nor Simple Browser, nor if I go to Google and type in the website, nor by the itv catchup app? I'm baffled and also jealous that the old_man can watch it and he's not even in UK Not fair ...

PS No probs re the hijack - makes more interesting reading.
    12-20-13 02:58 PM
    So, old man, has your cellar door got stuck or sumfing??? Maybe I should ship you a bottle or two over there??? Would that cheer you up? This is supposed to be a 'happy' season, doing goodwill to all men, and women. Maybe time to change your name to happy-old-man perhaps?

Anyway, back to the reason for the season oops, post, I took the advice of mh1983 and downloaded Origami browser. Interestingly, I can now get to watch previously shown programmes on my Playbook. So, I'm very grateful to mh1983 for being so helpful, giving such good advice and sharing his experience, especially in this festive season.

So, a further question ... Why is it that I can watch the 'Catch up' programmes via Origami but not via the Playbook browser, nor Simple Browser, nor if I go to Google and type in the website, nor by the itv catchup app? I'm baffled and also jealous that the old_man can watch it and he's not even in UK Not fair ...

This is me being happy?
    Cynycl likes this.
    12-20-13 03:14 PM
    Oh dear!

Speechless!!! Ha! I'm rarely without something to say ...
    12-20-13 03:21 PM

PB browser doesn't have a way to change how the website detects the device. When you visit websites, it detects the device as pc, android, iOS, etc. In the case of the PB, it really doesn't know what it is or it doesn't have a webpage optimized for PB, so it throws you the mobile webpage. Origami fools the site to think you are a desktop pc so you are given that content and it renders fine if you don' t need some other plugin like Silverlight that the PB doesn't support. So whenever you have a problem viewing a webpage, play with the user agent setting but desktop should be the best. Mh1983 advice was spot on.

Gooseberries rule!
    Cynycl and GooseberryFool like this.
    12-20-13 03:31 PM
    Again, many thanks

Happy Christmas guys, for those who celebrate it. All the best for the New Year and all it brings ...
    12-20-13 05:33 PM
    The other way is to use stv.tv - the Scottish version of the site is much better
    12-20-13 08:13 PM