Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default How to sync calendar/email between devices

Hello all,

Just downloaded 2.0 and overall good impressions so far but there are a couple of things I can't work out. I know I can still access my 'phone's calendar through bridge, but is there any way of syncing the two, as I would rather like to use the PB calendar but if the two won't sync then that would discourage me. Also is it possible to get the email accounts to do the same, so I don't have to look at emails twice?

Anticipatory thanks.
    CrackBerry Abuser

I to am wondering about syncing the contacts and calendars
    artie likes this.
    CrackBerry User

Likewise
    artie likes this.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Me to. I wanna sync contacts and calendar.
    artie likes this.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Me too

I was assuming my BB stuff would appear in the lovely new calendar, contact apps
    artie likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    2846D23F

I'm not very happy about this item hope I can get my bb contacts and calendar on my bbp to sync
    artie likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    210 Global Posts

I am starting to feel as if BB phone owners are going to get screwed about this. I can't sync either.

The only suggestion that I have is go through email client.
    Last edited by moe1up; 02-21-2012 at 07:42 AM.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    233 Global Posts

Also unable to sync here. I think the PlayBook's "sync calendar" feature only applies to the "Google Calendar" service which I don't use. I want the PlayBook to sync my 9900 Calendar.
    artie likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    2846D23F

I really hope they haven't screwed us over becuase of this sync stuff. I Like it in all but I want my BlackBerry contacts and calendar sync not placed in google or hotmail.
    artie likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    2846D23F

I wonder if I can use my outlook at home will it have active sync though.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    524 Global Posts

I'm still installing OS 2.0 so I haven't tried yet but I assume there are a couple ways to sync contacts and calendar

1) For Outlook users, sync your phone to the computer as usual, sync the Playbook to the computer. Contacts and calendar events should show up on both. This is a little bit of a PITA if you are adding or removing entries all the time and need to sync multiple times daily.

2) Download and enable Google Sync to your phone and to Outlook, and link your Playbook PIM to the google account. As your devices sync to Google changes should be pushed out to each one. If you use a Gmail account this should also sync your read and unread messages.

Not sure if there are any other or better methods right now. Ideally we need a Blackberry Cloud Service that will update across devices.
    Thanked by:
    grungebetty (02-21-2012) 
    CrackBerry User

Default Very Sad

I was so excited about the update, then I noticed that I could not sync between my phone and play book. That is a huge let down. Now I have manually clear from my my phone and playbook. This has caused me double the work!
    Thanked by:
    cfoxx (02-21-2012) 
    artie and cfoxx like this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

I too was hoping to have my contacts synced from my phone to my Playbook. I find it hard to believe that you can't. Isn't that what people do on their BB?
    artie and cfoxx like this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    524 Global Posts

I think RIM is assuming that those of us not on BES will just use the Desktop Manager; hence the recent broken update.

Syncing over bridge seems like a pretty obvious and basic feature.
    Thanked by:
    artie (02-21-2012) 
    artie likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    932 Global Posts

Yes what gives RIM....why can't. I sync my BB phone contacts and calendar to my PlayBook......can I use Desktop manager like I would if I am transferring devices?? Any. One tried that out yet by chance?
    Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand.
    Thanked by:
    Eastsix (04-30-2012) 
    CrackBerry Master

Im just using the Bridge email, contacts & calendar at moment as it seems you cant sync phone & PB. i would like to use the PB native apps as the UI etc is really nice but im not imputting everything twice, i can sync my outlook as suggested but most of my calendar entries i just do on my BB now whilst im on the go so its not practical.

I see it like this - Native email, contacts, calendar are excellent for people buying a PlayBook who dont own a BlackBerry - which is what people were annoyed about before.

Those who have a BlackBerry can use the bridge feature - which to be honest is even better than it was, its just a work around between OS 7 & QNX

I think BlackBerry 10 TO PlayBook 2.0 will be more compatible as they will both be running the same OS.
    twitter.com/cgry
    Thanked by:
    artie (02-21-2012) 
    artie, dadymon and scott.knight like this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

I guess I'm in the minority but I don't want to sync my phone calendar/contacts with my PlayBook native calendar/contacts. I'd rather use the Blackberry Bridge.

The native Contacts app allow Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn integration and looking at my native contacts, there's hundreds of them. I don't really want them on my Blackberry phone. It would be nice to have the phone calendar in the Playbook native calendar but I'm not missing anything by using the Bridge calendar.

One thing I did notice is that with Exchange, I can get native email but I can't get contacts or calendar in the native apps (I fall back to Bridged versions for that right now). I am assuming this is a bug because it does say we are able to do it. Does anyone else have the ability to view Exchange contacts and calendar in the native apps?
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #18  

If you have Gmail does it automatically upload calendar appointments made on BB? I've never used Gmail but if this is a way round it..
    Mod Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    10,167 Global Posts
    PIN
    Changes way too often

Unless you are storing your contacts and calendar entries in an e-mail account, these are LOCAL databases on your BlackBerry. IF they are stored in an e-mail account, they will sync to the Playbook when you add that e-mail. account.
    ~S_A
    All views and opinions here are my own, and do not represent any views, opinions, or official communications either actual or implied of my employer.
    scott.knight likes this.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    113 Global Posts

having the same issues.

I already sync my BB Phone OTA for Calendar, Contacts, Tasks and Memos. So I get everything automatically on my Playbook ... nice and neat!

The new OS 2.0 Calendar App seems to ignore the bridged calendar completely. If the Playbook doesn't sync with the BB Phone, it kind of removes the need to have RIM tablet .. any tablet will do!

Please ... someone tell me I've missed something .. please !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    swarbrj likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    426 Global Posts

I've tried everyrhing with no success. I,m contacting Wulf, A great Mod,
    see if he can help.
    I've tried thru DM with Outlook,,, and Thru bridge with IP address from BB Contact list
    And a few others tricks. Don't give up it probably something simple. Give it timr it will work out
    CrackBerry Newbie

it would be cool to have an app like Syncamatic (i have that on blackkberry) where your playbook, blackberry and outlook are all synced... i'm sure (hoping) syncamatic is working on an app for that.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Seriously.....please tell me there is an easy way to sync your old calendar and the new upgraded one.....please!?
    CrackBerry Newbie

I too hope they fix this issue. There is no Google sync available for my new Bold 9790 like there was for my Torch, and I'd like to only have to use one calendar on my PlayBook!
    CrackBerry Abuser

In addtion to this, I now can't see all of my contacts on my PB bridged contacts since on my phone some are listed as default and others as unknown as the contact type. The "unknown" ones, which for some reason seem to be most of mine, don't show in the bridged list either. So I can't even use that fall back, which I would be ok with if they all showed as they did before the update. Still trying to find the way to fix this as I'm sure there is a way. Just haven't found it yet
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast