Haha. Thanks everyone.

So, RIM releases the PB and every minor detail gets torn apart and somehow its deemed unworthy. While polls on this site show actual owners are happy.

Amazon releases a piece of junk and everyone on here defends it. Hopefully you all buy one and support it so we never see any innovation with tablets.

Now I don't need to post on this site anymore since I already know what answers I'll get. But I'm still confused by the anti-RIM bias on a Blackberry fan site.
    10-02-11 11:18 AM
    Haha. Thanks everyone.

So, RIM releases the PB and every minor detail gets torn apart and somehow its deemed unworthy. While polls on this site show actual owners are happy.
    Polls on a dedicated fan website is not a good place to see if people are happy or not. Fanboys are here and will defend the device till the end of time. A better place to poll it would be on a general device forum or carrier forums. You will only find bias here.

This is not to say that the people here are not actually happy. I am sure a ton of them really are. This is just not the place to see who is happy or not. Especially when people can just click yes and not own the device, and people can just click no and not own the device.

Amazon releases a piece of junk and everyone on here defends it. Hopefully you all buy one and support it so we never see any innovation with tablets.
    This piece of junk is almost a PB clone. Since the Fire and PB share some core components, are you saying that 50% of the PB is a piece of junk?

Also, why is the Fire a piece of junk? I am sure it will have the same quality feel of the PB since it is made by the same exact manufacturer. Or are you referring to the OS?
    10-02-11 11:48 AM
    Haha. Thanks everyone.

Now I don't need to post on this site anymore since I already know what answers I'll get. But I'm still confused by the anti-RIM bias on a Blackberry fan site.
    Just because its a BB fansite doesn't mean every thread will be in favor of rim. Not every BB fan = blind loyality.
    avt123 likes this.
    10-02-11 11:52 AM
    I'm out - let the droid and ipad immigrants take over. Go ahead and ban me for this it doesn't matter. I'm done anyway.
    Let's see how long this lasts...
    FF22 and OniBerry like this.
    10-02-11 12:23 PM
    haha, k. One final post.

From the last two posts I've been informed that

1) Fan web pages aren't good places for polls
    2) BB fans here aren't all blindly loyal (can be seen by the number of replies I'm getting)

Soooo, shouldn't a poll on this site be a good predictor of costumer satisfaction?
    That's logical from whats been posted. But who cares about logic.

As much as there should be a BB fan bias here, you can see from all the people replying to just my messages there is obviously an anti-BB bias, pro everything else in these forums. Which is extremely weird.

Whatever, this has gone way off topic from the original post.

QNX RULES!

bye
    10-02-11 12:26 PM
    haha, k. One final post.

From the last two posts I've been informed that

1) Fan web pages aren't good places for polls
    2) BB fans here aren't all blindly loyal (can be seen by the number of replies I'm getting)

Soooo, shouldn't a poll on this site be a good predictor of costumer satisfaction?
    That's logical from whats been posted. But who cares about logic.

As much as there should be a BB fan bias here, you can see from all the people replying to just my messages there is obviously an anti-BB bias, pro everything else in these forums. Which is extremely weird.

Whatever, this has gone way off topic from the original post.

QNX RULES!

bye
    No anti-BB bias here. I had and loved my BBs. Bold 9000 was my second favorite smartphone I have ever owned, and the best BB ever made IMO.

A fan site is just not a good place to get satisfaction reports. When you have a site dedicated towards a specific brand, usually a poll will bring positives no matter what. There have been several polls and the always come out positive. You are on a PlayBook enthusiast forum, if the polls came out negative there would be a serious problem.

All I am saying is that if you want more accurate results, you don't place a poll in the home of RIM fanboys. If you think you can actually get unbiased information from a fan site (fans are usually bias towards their team/company/whatever they are a fan of) you are severally mistaken.

Like the other poster said, not all BB fans here are bias. The bias ones consider the unbiased to be trolls.
    10-02-11 12:37 PM
    Haha. Thanks everyone.

Yeah, come on guys! No native email, autocorrect, and minimal app selection on the PB are just minor details, you guys are so picky! And its 299 now

You are right, Kindle Fire is a piece of junk! How dare they charge 199 for 1ghz dual core, IPS display gorilla glass, 8GB storage with access to 18 million movies, TV shows, songs, magazines, and books. Oh, and also android apps and games.
    JBenn911 likes this.
    10-02-11 12:38 PM
    Lovin' my PB. Best tablet on the market. Beautiful UI. Great functionality and the BB/PB bridged combo is superb.

The vast majority of Playbook owners are happy with their devices.

The question I have is why so many people who don't own a PB feel compelled to post on this forum and try to bad mouth what is a very fine piece of technology? It's not only odd, it's downright weird.
    jvictor77 likes this.
    10-02-11 01:04 PM
    The vast majority of Playbook owners are happy with their devices.
    No doubt. Unfortunately, the relatively small size of the ownership group mutes the significance of this.
    10-02-11 02:06 PM
    and we are on what?

torch 2
    bold 5
    storm 3
    curve 5

whats your point?
    His point surrounds QNX, not BBOS
    10-02-11 04:29 PM
110 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD