Can the playbook be set up on my home network? It is listed on my network as PLAYBOOK-14DE but when I click on it I get the message... "windows cannot access \\PLAYBOOK-14DE check spelling or the name. Other wise there might be a problem with your network... I have run the Diagnose program and it comes up with nothing...I cannot find a way to edit the name or any other information about it on my computer.

I found this info on the BB site but it only works if I put the playbooks IP address each time in the RUN box.
    KB26068-How to transfer files to and from the BlackBerry PlayBook

Any help would be appreciated.

I am running windows 7 pro.
    Last edited by b147082; 11-29-11 at 10:12 PM. Reason: left out.
    11-29-11 07:18 PM
    Just curious as to what version of Windows you are using.
    11-29-11 07:27 PM
    you need to make the changes on your playbook. Swipe down from right corner and open settings. open storage/sharing and turn file sharing on. Open network identification and rename if you want
    11-29-11 07:27 PM
    So I don't know if this has been talked about before but this is what I did and it seems to work. (Windows 7)

First get your IP address of the Playbook from the About--> Network tab
    Then in Windows Explorer go to Computer, right click and Add a Network Location. Choose a custom network location. Enter: \\yourPlaybookIP\media

Now it should appear as a network location under the Computer folder.
    Last edited by robtanz; 11-29-11 at 08:16 PM.
    b147082 likes this.
    11-29-11 08:14 PM
    If you manage to open it using the run command, you can then create a desktop shortcut to that same window. Now you may need to tweak its properties if the ip address gets changed. I have changed mine to use a static ip address so that the shortcut remains correct.
    11-29-11 09:07 PM
    Thanks to all, I used robtanz suggestion and it worked great as far as getting a link to my Playbook off my desktop.
    11-30-11 07:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD