I've had the Playbook since launch, and still appreciate its versatility and capabilities. But BB has moved on, and so have I, to a Microsoft Surface Pro, which has taken over for my Playbook for daily use. I downloaded this weeks leaked OS for the Playbook, but haven't gotten a chance to install it yet, which I hope to do this weekend.

I mean this as a serious inquiry and not merely a predicate for rehashing the BB Playbook saga -- is there some good use I can put my Playbook to? It still is rock-solid, wifi and BT capable, even if it isn't quite fully compatible with my Z10, Q10, Surface or my home network,

I can hook it up to one of my HDTV's through HDMI port. I thought about using it as some sort of Plex portal where I could stream video or audio from wherever through my TV.
    09-06-13 01:07 PM
    Send it to me.
    09-06-13 01:09 PM
    I've had the Playbook since launch, and still appreciate its versatility and capabilities. But BB has moved on, and so have I, to a Microsoft Surface Pro, which has taken over for my Playbook for daily use. I downloaded this weeks leaked OS for the Playbook, but haven't gotten a chance to install it yet, which I hope to do this weekend.

I mean this as a serious inquiry and not merely a predicate for rehashing the BB Playbook saga -- is there some good use I can put my Playbook to? It still is rock-solid, wifi and BT capable, even if it isn't quite fully compatible with my Z10, Q10, Surface or my home network,

I can hook it up to one of my HDTV's through HDMI port. I thought about using it as some sort of Plex portal where I could stream video or audio from wherever through my TV.
    how is it not compatible with your home network???? Works fine for me. Plex works well also. I stream most of my music and video through the playbook and barely turn my satellites on any more.

Playbook is still the ultimate media consumption device..... even if it is stuck in 2011
    09-06-13 01:16 PM
    Use it as a music/vid "server" to your A/V system. Get a BB Music Gateway, and pump your music into your Audio System vis BT. (proviso you have ripped all your cd's, I use WMA Lossless.)
    AND
    Plug it into your HDMI on tv, and now you have the video "served" to your tv.

Leave it plugged in, and when you get home, already and waiting for you to "decompress" from the day. You can use your BB phone as a remote to your Blackberry Playbook "Server", while using your MS Surface.

All will be good.......

C
    Zildjian71 likes this.
    09-06-13 02:21 PM
    When I replace mine, I'd consider a digital photo frame with the extra capability to connect to your servers, run slideshows, and, above all, update them automatically when you have added photos…
    Remember the PB screen is extremely good --in my case, when deciding the last laptop machine to buy for photo processing, I indeed walked in the stores with a couple of urls pointing on demanding photos, and my PB as a touchstone to compare screens, side by side...
    09-08-13 08:17 AM
    I did the leaked os and it's definition faster. I don't k kw why it got so slow before. I even tried reloading the os, but it was still extremely laggy. Now it's much better. At one point, it would play a YouTube video in repeat(but only the first 30 seconds)

Posted via CB10
    09-08-13 08:25 AM