Shouldn't it be 50 bucks right now? It runs legacy, it's no longer being updated, it's pretty much dead..so why is it 179 for 16gb?

I want a tablet, but I don't want to buy anything other than a BlackBerry. Except that's too pricy for a dead product. Maybe I'm asking too much.

Posted via CB10
    12-31-13 08:44 AM
    Shouldn't it be 50 bucks right now? It runs legacy, it's no longer being updated, it's pretty much dead..so why is it 179 for 16gb?

I want a tablet, but I don't want to buy anything other than a BlackBerry. Except that's too pricy for a dead product. Maybe I'm asking too much.

Posted via CB10
    I'm not sure that it can be completely said that it's not being updated. It did get an update recently.

As far as price, BlackBerry does need to revisit its pricing structure.
    12-31-13 08:49 AM
    You can still buy a brand new PlayBook?
    12-31-13 08:51 AM
    Yep that's too much for an old dead tablet. It should be cheap Chinese knock off prices by now. Might sell mine or give it away after I try my new toy coming.
    12-31-13 08:53 AM
    yup.

Amazon.com: blackberry playbook
    12-31-13 08:53 AM

Posted via CB10
    it all depends on where you look & your location,,, in the States, you can get a new 64 gigger for $150 +/-,,, 16GB will run abt $100,,, or you can post here in the marketplace to get a deal,,, there are some out there price gouging knowing there are people that want them bad enough,,, this is especially true w/ the mini keyboards,,, the prices have pretty much leveled out for now 'cuz they are still a good device & the demand is there,,, to this day the hardware is still pretty legit in comparison to others & it still does a few things others can't,,, & if you set it up right, it's indispensable...
    12-31-13 08:59 AM
    this 1 will work better for you...

http://www.amazon.ca/s/ref=nb_sb_nos...bUvbUpU9787069
    12-31-13 09:05 AM
    S

. Except that's too pricy for a dead product.

Posted via CB10
    My Playbooks won't be "dead" until I stop finding uses for them and/or they stop running.

I've got McIntosh and Nakamichi equipment in my entertainment systems that haven't been updated since the late 1980s (except for the occasional tube replacement). This equipment isn't dead, as far as I know.

If I didn't already have two Playbooks, I wouldn't hesitate to pay the going rate on the U.S. Amazon site for another 64 GB PB (around $170 US). In certain situations, the PBs are the best/most convenient tools available; $170 for such a tool wouldn't be excessive for me. Obviously, many people feel differently--but, self-centered ***** that I am, I'm only concerned about my needs and/or wants when it comes to PBs and other tablets.
    12-31-13 09:59 AM

Posted via CB10
    TigerDirect.com - Electronics, Tablets, Phones, Office Supplies & Video Games has the 64gb version for that price. Ebay has 64gb ones for less. Agree that 179 for a 16gb playbook is high.

Disagree that the playbook is an old dead tablet. I use mine daily. It is far more functional than the legacy Android 2 devices out there.
    12-31-13 01:28 PM
    Trouble is those cheap <$100 tablets are pretty much stuck OS-wise as well unless it has a rooted lifespan. They also don't connect to the Play Store so pretty limited app-wise. Cheap plastic build. I'm sure BBRY didn't originally price PB $500-700 for nothing.
    12-31-13 04:52 PM
    When the Touchpad was cancelled, HP held a fire-sale at $99 for their 16GB model. That was probably to quickly get rid of all their inventory as well as to get it out of their channels. HP is a huge company and the Touchpad was a huge black-eye. I'm sure they just wanted to make it go away as soon as possible and take the write-down for a quarter and move on.
    12-31-13 04:56 PM
    Based on lifetime expectancy of an electronic device, specifically a tablet like PlayBook, it should free as of now...

But the world is full of greedy people (like those who are still selling them at unreasonable price) and "addict" (like us) i.e. those who becomes physiologically or psychologically dependent on a habit-forming device (like PlayBook)...

And as long as these two people exist side-by-side, there will always be "business"...

Posted via CB10
    01-01-14 06:49 AM
    TigerDirect.com - Electronics, Tablets, Phones, Office Supplies & Video Games has the 64gb version for that price. Ebay has 64gb ones for less. Agree that 179 for a 16gb playbook is high.

Disagree that the playbook is an old dead tablet. I use mine daily. It is far more functional than the legacy Android 2 devices out there.
    Be a little cautious with Tiger Direct. They amy not have what you order in stock, but don't tell you for several days afterwards. Had that exact issue trying to purchase a PB 2 years ago.
    01-01-14 07:06 AM
    Yep that's too much for an old dead tablet. It should be cheap Chinese knock off prices by now. Might sell mine or give it away after I try my new toy coming.
    What new toy? Ahhhhhhh, to think back to those videos you posted of your dog (or you) romping in the yard......
    01-01-14 10:01 AM