how to open or view .txt file, any apps can do it?
    anon(4092270) likes this.
    02-24-12 05:14 AM
    They open in the Web browser.

Just browse to a txt file using the file explorer and tap it.
    02-24-12 05:21 AM
    Files & Folders has a nifty text viewer feature too.
    jafobabe likes this.
    02-24-12 12:38 PM
    They open in the Web browser.

Just browse to a txt file using the file explorer and tap it.
    file explorer? the 1 which cost rm2.25?
    02-24-12 09:24 PM
    In the Browser's address bar type

file: (if that does not work, add / or two or 3 ///) but file: seems to work. Then navigate to your file.

Accounts/1000/shared and then the folder names make sense.
    02-24-12 10:31 PM
    I just want a TXT file viewer that has search and is native.
    12-15-12 01:15 PM
    Come on, let's not make our requests too simple after almost two years!!!!! You can open in the browser as I indicated - oh, wait, after two years, you still canNOT search in the native browser!!!! I was looking for a txt app way back when and tried a few but finally have not even looked in ages.
    12-15-12 02:10 PM
    Smart Office 2 or Smart Office Lite are native, can open txt files, and have search.
    12-15-12 02:15 PM
    File Browser by Aftab will open .txt files with the native browser. Nice and big text.... comparatively.
    Files and Folders will open a tiny little screen of the text.
    Pesktop will open a slighter bigger screen of the text.
    and..
    Ghost Commander wins with the option of displaying with either the browser, Kingsoft Office (if loaded) or it's own text viewer.
    12-16-12 11:26 AM
    Come on, let's not make our requests too simple after almost two years!!!!! You can open in the browser as I indicated - oh, wait, after two years, you still canNOT search in the native browser!!!! I was looking for a txt app way back when and tried a few but finally have not even looked in ages.
    The best text (.txt) editor / viewer I have found in BlackBerry AppWorld is PlainTextEdit, a free application which works with a Bluetooth keyboard as well as the BlackBerry virtual keyboard. You have to open the .txt file from within the application because none of the file managers support configuring the application associated with a specific file type apart from the few built-in associations.
    12-16-12 05:09 PM
    The best text (.txt) editor / viewer I have found in BlackBerry AppWorld is PlainTextEdit, a free application which works with a Bluetooth keyboard as well as the BlackBerry virtual keyboard. You have to open the .txt file from within the application because none of the file managers support configuring the application associated with a specific file type apart from the few built-in associations.
    Reviews make it sound as if you canNOT copy/cut/paste and no search???
    12-16-12 05:50 PM
    The AIR Browser app will open, view and edit text files.
    12-16-12 07:06 PM
    How can you open a text file which is stored in your work area, when blackberry balance is being used
    06-18-13 04:25 AM
    How can you open a text file which is stored in your work area, when blackberry balance is being used
    Have you tried opening (as in solely reading/viewing) it in the Browser as suggested above? I don't know much about Balance but there is a Browser???
    06-18-13 08:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD