Once a week I would like to be able to open a .csv file on my PlayBook. When I try it says... "unable to find default app."

Any suggestions?

Jason
    02-19-13 03:18 PM
    .csv can be opened with Docs to go as it is an excel file format, should open
    02-19-13 03:37 PM
    .csv can be opened with Docs to go as it is an excel file format, should open
    Incorrect. Docs To Go does not support CSV files, even if the extension is changed to XLS. CSV isn't "an excel file format"; it's a file format, which Excel happens to support. That doesn't mean that any app that can handle Excel files can handle CSV files.

I can tell you that either SmartOffice Viewer []Blackberry Playbook and BB10 Android Apps | Android APPS - BB10 Apps & Playbook Apps or Kingsoft Office []Blackberry Playbook and BB10 Android Apps | Android APPS - BB10 Apps & Playbook Apps will open CSV files (although you will probably have to run the app and open the files within the app, rather than simply hitting "open" in Downloads or whatever), I would advise Kingsoft as it can actually edit as well. I would also guess that the full version of SmartOffice (which is available for purchase in App World) would be able to handle these files, but it costs money, so I'd go for Kingsoft, which is free (although not in App World, so must be sideloaded)
    02-19-13 03:49 PM
    There is a free app named CSV Viewer in the app world which I have used with Battery Guru data. Another app called StarCSV ($0.99) will also let you edit files. Handling large CSV files on the BBPB may be too cumbersome. Using CSV with Office 2010 Excel is cumbersome and involves first getting a text document which would load in one column but there is a more involved procedure in trying to to get it into separate columns.
    02-19-13 04:32 PM
    CSV files will open in DocstoGo and SmartOffice2 but all data will be in one column of the spreadsheet.
    02-19-13 04:58 PM
    I look at the Battery Guru .csv files in Files and Folders.
    Attached Thumbnails How to open a .csv file?-img_00000076.jpg  
    02-19-13 05:59 PM
    Once a week I would like to be able to open a .csv file on my PlayBook. When I try it says... "unable to find default app."

Any suggestions?

Jason
    If your asking because you got the .csv from BB World, you have to appreciate the irony lol.

As others have said, some 3rd party apps can do it id reccomend files and folders
    02-19-13 06:06 PM
    Files and Folders is showing the file as you would see it in one column in a spread sheet. This is OK if that is what you want but not useful if you want to look at it in columns.
    02-19-13 06:33 PM
    Youtube has some videos for conversion of CSV format. Here is one.

02-19-13 08:05 PM
    SmartOffice Viewer or Kingsoft Office (both of which I linked above) will correctly display CSV files, no need for any conversion to another format or changing anything. Any suggestion which requires anything more than installing an app and opening the file is simply inferior.
    02-20-13 04:39 AM
    Office Suite Viewer works like a charm, thanks. For the record, Kingston Office didn't work at all, all I could see was a blank excel sheet.
    02-20-13 09:02 AM
    Office Suite Viewer works like a charm, thanks. For the record, Kingston Office didn't work at all, all I could see was a blank excel sheet.
    Huh, that's strange, works fine here. Well, at least you've got something that works now
    02-20-13 10:24 AM
    I do and that makes me very happy. If I can get the sideloaded eyefi app to work I won't have to take my laptop on my next business trip. I like to travel as light as possible.
    02-20-13 11:54 AM
    I've heard of various people having success, although if I remember correctly, there is some setting you must change or something (haven't used it myself as I don't have an EyeFi), perhaps some setting related to the location where it saves the images? I could be wrong on this though, as I said I haven't used it myself.
    02-20-13 01:10 PM
    02-20-13 02:57 PM
    Actually Kingston didn't work, but the other one did.
    02-20-13 06:09 PM
    Which eyefi card do you have?
    02-21-13 07:28 AM
    Which eyefi card do you have?
    eye-fi: pro x2, 8gb.

What I had not initially realized was that you need establish or setup the wifi on the pb as you would for any wifi signal - as I wrote, go to wifi settings and search for the wif card and create a connection as you would if visiting a Starbucks or library or hotel. You will need a password to match the card. I frankly don't recall where or when that was created or maybe it is just inherent in the card but I did have a copy of it. So it probably comes when setting up the card for the Direct Connection with the computer setup software (Eye-fi Center)
    02-21-13 09:06 AM
    You said it dramatically affected battery life. We're you referring. To the camera or the PlayBook or both? How dramatically?
    02-21-13 09:28 AM
    You said it dramatically affected battery life. We're you referring. To the camera or the PlayBook or both? How dramatically?
    Actually, I would have to do better testing. I don't really know what state the battery was in when I experimented. I have planned on going out and taking about 15 to 20 or more photos and then seeing what happens. I always have a spare battery for the camera. And I would probably generally do the transfer back where there is a power supply to recharge - the exception being car camping where power, other than car-charging might be more limited. On my recent Italy trip, I recharged the pb overnight and the camera battery whenever it was depleted.

I think there is a discussion of eye-fi in another thread or two and we might be better served going there where others may have more experience with the cards and battery power, etc.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...s-dslr-734514/

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...aybook-771866/

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...upport-657641/
    02-21-13 10:06 AM
    I think there is a discussion of eye-fi in another thread or two and we might be better served going there where others may have more experience with the cards and battery power, etc.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...s-dslr-734514/

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...aybook-771866/

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...upport-657641/
    Thanks I'll check those out.
    02-21-13 10:23 AM
    Found that Office Suite Pro would open a Battery Guru CSV file nicely on my N7 separating it into columns. Have not had much success with Smart Office, Kingsoft, DocstoGo or QuickOffice.
    02-21-13 05:09 PM
    I just want to confirm that for a Z30 to open a csv file and convert it to a xlsx file using the free Amazon Appstore: 'Office Suite Free' or Google Playstore: 'Office Suite Viewer' app works well.

Office Suite allows also to open files stored on the SD card. Select the 'save to disk option icon with the small arrow' and you get a choice to save csv as xlsx.Then open the file in the native BB10 'Docs To Go' and ... freedom.
    11-16-17 10:11 PM