View Poll Results: How Often Does Your PlayBook Crash or Freeze?

Voters
138. You may not vote on this poll
  • Less than once a month

99 71.74%
  • At least once a month

22 15.94%
  • At least once a week

12 8.70%
  • At least once a day

5 3.62%
    I have owned my PlayBook for over 8 months now and for the first time ever, while watching something on YouTube, the browser froze the entire tablet. I did not have an appreciation for how stable it was until this happened today.

So now I am curious as to how many times your PlayBook crashes or freezes on you?
    07-28-12 08:56 PM
    Since the last official update 2.0.1.358, it hasn't crashed or froze. Prior to the last update I would say once a month.....if that. My PlayBook is kinda "bare" though......no extravagant or Android apps. I didn't vote because "never" was not an option
    07-28-12 09:34 PM
    Since the last official update 2.0.1.358, it hasn't crashed or froze. Prior to the last update I would say once a month.....if that. My PlayBook is kinda "bare" though......no extravagant or Android apps. I didn't vote because "never" was not an option
    Then that would fall under 'Less than once a month.' Never say never.

Mine is also pretty stock by the way.
    07-28-12 09:46 PM
    As crazy as it sounds, I've had mine since last September and it never has. I always clear my browser cache when I'm done browsing, don't have any sideloaded or android apps, and I turn it off when I go to bed at night to let it rest. Not sure if that has anything to do with it, but that's how it is. Guess I need to vote less than once a month?
    bungaboy and rotorwrench like this.
    07-28-12 10:20 PM
    Never that I can remember. Had it for a year and a bit. Now running 2.1 beta. Browser never cleared. Never shut off. Standby only.
    Ben1232 and rotorwrench like this.
    07-28-12 10:35 PM
    As crazy as it sounds, I've had mine since last September and it never has. I always clear my browser cache when I'm done browsing, don't have any sideloaded or android apps, and I turn it off when I go to bed at night to let it rest. Not sure if that has anything to do with it, but that's how it is. Guess I need to vote less than once a month?
    That is awesome. Ive never had to clear my browser or turn it off at night. But i occassionally restart it. And yes, chalk another one for 'Less than once a month.'
    07-28-12 10:37 PM
    I think we need some more options. Like
    "once every 6 months"
    "once every year"
    ect.
    BTW in the past year my PB froze once. I did a reboot & havn't had an issue since...im trying to remember if it was OS 1 or OS2...It was around the time the upgrade came out.
    07-28-12 10:40 PM
    "once every 6 months"
    "once every year"
    ect.
    BTW in the past year my PB froze once. I did a reboot & havn't had an issue since...im trying to remember if it was OS 1 or OS2...It was around the time the upgrade came out.
    07-28-12 10:45 PM
    Mine freezes at least once a week, sometimes a few times a week.

The most common one I've encountered is when the touchscreen becomes unresponsive.
    Sometimes I just can't press anything on the login screen to unlock the playbook, sometimes a keyboard doesn't come up for the login screen, other times I'll be switching back and forth from apps and it will get to the phase where the app is about to be maximized (you still see a little bit of the background in the border of the screen), but it doesn't fully maximize and it freezes like that. Only way is to reset it with the power button. (I'm running on the OS 2.1 beta, though some of these freezes occured on the OS 2.0 as well)
    07-28-12 10:59 PM
    I've said 'less than once a month', but in fact my PB NEVER CRASHES.
    rotorwrench likes this.
    07-28-12 11:27 PM
    Since buying my first BlackBerry PlayBook pre-release in April 2011 I only recall the tablet freezing up maybe 3 times to the point a hard reset was required. Of those times an Android application was the root cause two of the three system freezes / lock-ups. With the release of BlackBerry PlayBook Tablet OS 2.0 the tablet has not experienced a repeat performance. I have hope that BlackBerry PlayBook Tablet OS 2.1 will bring even greater stability and functionality to this exceptionally under-appreciated tablet. However, my faith in the management of the company remains very low.
    07-28-12 11:33 PM
    In the past year maybe twice and both times were android player related.
    07-29-12 12:24 AM
    Have had my PB now for only 6 months. It has frozen on me only a few times but only ever when using the kobo book apply. I reboot it to sort this. I suppose I really use this the most as I read alot. PB remains fast and fluid in operation otherwise and I love it. I do have a fair amount of apps downloaded but this doesn't seem to slow it any.
    07-29-12 02:30 AM
    Never a freeze but very occasionally the browser or email app will not work properly. Fixed by a restart.
    07-29-12 05:37 AM
    I use my PlayBook every day. I do Internet/mail, media/steaming and lastly some gaming in the presented order.
    I have to say the numbers get messed up if you count freezes caused by Android apps and games which I use. In 90% of cases Android player is the one to be blamed, it just freezes.
    So my general answer is every week but it's expected and by choice (I blame Android and myself for using it). Disregard Android caused freezes and my answer would be less than once a month (mostly caused by the browser).
    07-29-12 06:54 AM
    Only when I use a specific app for too long, otherwise it's never frozen on me

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by bbstoof; 07-29-12 at 07:30 AM.
    07-29-12 07:01 AM
    Then that would fall under 'Less than once a month.' Never say never.

Mine is also pretty stock by the way.
    Actually, it wouldn't be "less than once a month" it would be "never" as I stated along with others.
    rotorwrench likes this.
    07-29-12 07:44 AM
    I've had my playbook since Christmas, no android apps. I don't know what happened but had to press and hold to get it going three times. Twice it related to having it turned off and unplugging then pressing on, the other time I'm unsure. I'm quite pleased with my playbook and look forward to future os update tweaks. My wife uses hers less and it never has happened to hers.
    07-29-12 07:53 AM
    Three times (combined) on two PlayBooks over the past year: Once while using the browser; once while playing a game and; just recently, once while doing nothing with it at all. It just froze after start-up.
    07-29-12 08:30 AM
    2x but both were due to Android apps.
    07-29-12 08:59 AM
    I've never once had a freeze or crash on my PlayBook. I've had it since release day.
    07-29-12 09:20 AM
    I'm in the "never crashes" club. QNX has been rock solid for a while now - I literally cannot remember the last time I had to forcibly reset or otherwise "unhang" my PB. That said, recently I've had issues with Swarm hanging the Android VM under OS 2.1. But again, it's not QNX hanging. And it's more of annoyance than a major problem since I have to reboot the PB to clear the hung VM (something I thought I'd seen the last of when I moved to the 2.1 beta).

Regardless, overall my PB has been amazingly stable. I rarely think about such issues anymore...

RCK

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    07-29-12 09:41 AM
    I've had my PB for four months and haven't experience a crash *unless running the battery too low for charging.

Once a week it may slow. So, like today I hard reboot it.
    07-29-12 09:56 AM
    "once every 6 months"
    "once every year"
    ect.
    ...Hourly!
    07-29-12 10:00 AM
    I was on app world trying to download simple browser and my playbook froze. I gave it a minute or so but no luck. Last night, I was watching a show and swiped to get to my email. Once I was done reading the email, I swiped to go back to media player and it froze.
    07-29-12 10:13 AM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD