Hi all,
    I want to change my email address that I used when I registered my playbook with because its rogers.com outlook which I can only access thru my PC. I use my PB and never use my PC anymore. I want to change it to my yahoo email, which is tied to the PB native email anyway.

To do this in settings, it warned me that I have to do a security swipe. Can anyone please tell me just what info is lost if you do a security swipe, so I can copy it elsewhere first?
    Many thx for help.
    03-15-13 04:06 PM
    ALL data - photos, docs, videos, music. EVERYTHING. I don't recall if it leaves applications. It will also remove the original wallpapers and the demo hd video.

So, if you want it BACK IT UP. Apps can be downloaded again from appworld if necessary. I don't recall if SETTINGS are lost.
    03-15-13 04:59 PM
    Security wipe takes the PB back to the original state it came from the factory in (i.e. everything will be gone except an old OS that you'll need to download updates for). I was going to say use the backup from the desktop manager, but that will get you back what you have now which isn't exactly what you want. So, I guess you'll have to copy any files you've added, make a note of sideloaded apps and maybe any browser bookmarks (not sure if you can save them). If it's forcing you to change your BB ID you might have an issue with getting your paid apps from App World back. If not you can just download them from App World again so don't worry about them too much (unless the vendor has increased the price or it was originally a freebie). That's all I can think of off the top, but I'm sure others will jump in with some suggestions.
    03-15-13 05:05 PM
    Hope you have better luck than me... I cannot for the life me get yahoo email to work on my
    Two PlayBook for the last week or so everything was okay now I get a big X trying to set the account up again.
    Deleted blah blah still no dice however gmail is fine though?
    On my Android yahoo mail is fine but gmail won't work wtf?
    Any ideas thanks
    03-15-13 05:36 PM
    woah! I'm not sure its worth loosing everything just to change my email address. You'd think there'd be an easier way to change your info
    03-15-13 05:49 PM
    When you registered your PB you either created a BB ID or you already had one and entered it at the setup page. If you want to change the Email address linked to your BB ID you can do it in Blackberry World without wiping your PB. If you want to add an Email address to your PB you can do that under messages. Or maybe I am confused on what you are trying to accomplish
    you can sign in to make changes here https://blackberryid.blackberry.com/bbid/login/
    castoridae and DJRikko like this.
    03-15-13 05:52 PM
    Hope you have better luck than me... I cannot for the life me get yahoo email to work on my
    Two PlayBook for the last week or so everything was okay now I get a big X On my Android yahoo mail is fine but gmail won't work wtf?
    Any ideas thanks
    Every few weeks or so yahoo pulls a conniption fit on playbook. I either ignore the constant psswd prompts or enter them, it doesn't seem to make a difference. Right now, my auto word predictor isn't working, but I'm getting email and the calendar hasn't quit this time. Try re-entering to get it back, then wait it out?
    03-15-13 05:55 PM
    Can't you just change your BlackBerry ID without wiping (either the PlayBook or Berry)? I just changed my BIS email address, which i also use as my BBID, a while ago (the original somehow was getting spam, which due to the fact that I use that address as an emergency pager, too, this was quite the nuisance) and changing the BlackBerry ID was quick, transparent and complete. Looking back through the thread, yes, that's exactly where I did it...in BlackBerry World, and surprise, surprise, the BBID was changed in my PlayBook (and Berry)without any fuss.
    Last edited by CBCListener; 03-15-13 at 06:52 PM. Reason: Follow-up and acknowledgement of Hgough's comments.
    03-15-13 06:15 PM
    Hgouck is correct. I used the same method not 3 days ago. No issues in BB World with the change to the BB ID.
    03-15-13 06:29 PM
    Thanks for this info. I had no idea about changing it at blackberry.com.
    I would have change it on my devices which would have force a wipe.
    Dopestduk likes this.
    03-15-13 06:59 PM
    When you registered your PB you either created a BB ID or you already had one and entered it at the setup page. If you want to change the Email address linked to your BB ID you can do it in Blackberry World without wiping your PB. If you want to add an Email address to your PB you can do that under messages. Or maybe I am confused on what you are trying to accomplish
    you can sign in to make changes here https://blackberryid.blackberry.com/bbid/login/
    This is exactly what I was looking for; thank you sooo much!!!!
    03-16-13 08:39 PM
    Depends on how you 'wipe'.

Wiping thru security will wipe the device.
    Wiping thru the email will only wipe ANYTHING Pertaining to that email account.

I do this regularly with my work emails.

Posted from the CB App on my White Zed 10
    03-17-13 03:04 AM
    I am very happy to report that I changed my email thru the BB site successfully. thanks so so much!!
    03-17-13 04:24 PM