could someone tell me how big movies and games are on the playbook?

If I have a few movies and a dozen apps on my new purchase how much space will I have left?

My 9860 has a 32gb media card with over 12gb free after the music collection, can I use that and bridge to watch a movie or as extra storage?

or in 1 question not 3. which size do I want 16, 32 or 64?
    04-23-12 04:30 AM
    It will depend on the movie and the type of file, I have some movies that are 700MB and some that are 1.5GB.

The general rule of thumb is buy as large as you can afford. Currently I don't believe you can use bridge to watch movies on your blackberrys SD card - and this would severely kill the battery as you would be streaming the movie via bluetooth.
    fdust likes this.
    04-23-12 04:52 AM

If I have a few movies and a dozen apps on my new purchase how much space will I have left?

My 9860 has a 32gb media card with over 12gb free after the music collection, can I use that and bridge to watch a movie or as extra storage?

Get the biggest one if you can. 16GB is just not enough. You can fit about 10 movies and games depends on which ones. Natives games can get really big like over 300MB each.
    04-23-12 09:37 AM
    Go big, i have a 16GB its never enough!
    04-23-12 09:43 AM
    General rule of thumb for me is going atleast one size up from your phones memory card. I have a 16gb in my phone so I got a 32GB PlayBook. But I agree with everyone else, get the biggest one you can afford.
    04-23-12 11:09 AM
    id say go for a 64, its only $100 more, and if you need to pocket that $50 get the 32.
    04-23-12 11:15 AM
    You can never have too much space but you can always have too little.

Remember that.
    04-23-12 11:15 AM
    thanks for info guys.

I suspect there may be a conspiracy at work to stop me buying one. website has been down since midday and now my bb is refusing to charge. sigh.
    04-23-12 01:01 PM
    i was wondering this too. I guess 16g just isn't enough... i would love to get the 64g, but I am not sure if I can afford it... But what everyone is saying is at least 32? What if I am not downloading movies?
    05-02-12 08:56 PM

If you need to store your movies/videos on the PB, get a 64GB model, you'll need it and it's only $300. The 16GB PB has an actual capacity of 11.9GB after it is updated and before the user puts anything on it. And if you need a really good video converter with tediously-obtained settings, use Mediacoder. I finally have my videos down to the absolute minimum size with a very good quality playback image. Under the "Video" tab in the main window of Mediacoder set it to VBR and 40. Mediacoder is free, by the way.

My video file size for a 1 hour TV show is under 100MB.

Nevertheless I firmly recommend the 64GB. Some of the game file sizes are from 300MB to 600MB and there are enough of them to fill the PB in no time.
    05-02-12 09:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD