I find that I don't use Bridge at all. I much prefer to compose my emails on my Blackberry. I really don't like virtual keyboards and if I did, I would have an iphone and an ipad.

For email, I use the gmail icon on the PB for personal mail and webmail from the PB for my corporate mail. Works great.

Do you use Bridge? Do you like the virtual keyboard on the PB?

I also like the spell check on my Berry. The only time I will use Bridge is if I need to email a picture from my PB.
    05-05-11 11:19 PM
    I use Bridge for emails. I find that it can be easier to read emails (especially long HTML emails from newsletters like Stratfor). For composing emails on the PlayBook, try using it in portrait orientation and see if the keyboard feels better.

I love how autotext / word substitution works seamlessly on Bridge using all my BB custom autotext entries
    05-05-11 11:25 PM
    Emails and calender. The bridge browser speed blows...

Tim
    05-05-11 11:32 PM
    Since update bridge became seemless, loving it. Really fast typing in portrait.
    05-05-11 11:34 PM
    I bridge a lot. My PlayBook is basically bridged for the whole day. I actually find the bridge browser speed to be OK...
    05-05-11 11:35 PM
    I never turn bridge off. My phone stays in my pocket alot more now. The only thing I that I use my phone for now (besides calls) are for sms.
    05-05-11 11:35 PM
    i use it. html emails load great (always a bit wonky on bb 9700 screen). not much on the calander.. mines basically a slew of alarms daily for my lazy ***. used bbm for a while w/ my cousin on the pb today. it looks really nice. also diggin access to the memo pad. opened a pdf from the file browser. the more the integrate the better.
    ps. linked up poynt today amd send the #to my phone for a call. pretty slick.
    05-05-11 11:42 PM
    Bridge browser is extremely SLOW. I only use it for emails. Maybe in the next upgrade RIM will speed things up. Still LOVING the PlayBook though!!
    05-05-11 11:43 PM
    I love how autotext / word substitution works seamlessly on Bridge using all my BB custom autotext entries
    really? none of my autotext / word substitutions work when composing emails. very frustrating as i've really become accustomed to all my shortcuts! any ideas how to get this working?
    05-05-11 11:50 PM
    i never turn it off. That was the beauty of the device for me. I love the bridge.
    05-05-11 11:57 PM
    I certainly don't mind using the playbook's virtual keyboard, especially when holding my PB in portrait mode. I use the Playbook for reading e-mails and it excels at managing my calendar, but I do prefer writing longer messages on a physical keyboard. I have really gotten to liking the virtual keyboard in portrait mode though, my thumbs fly on this thing now!
    05-06-11 12:04 AM
    i use it daily. email, browser, calendar and bbm. The bridge browser works best on mobile websites or sites with not too many images (i.e. craigslist).
    05-06-11 12:06 AM
    bridge is ok, but i feel that apart from email and bbm, the news apps (social feeds etc) should also be able to be bridged. even better in mobile version.
    its my second day with pb..professional grade tablet without quick news apps. have to go to browser everytime..dejavu all over again like late 1990s
    05-06-11 12:09 AM
    I never turn bridge off. My phone stays in my pocket alot more now. The only thing I that I use my phone for now (besides calls) are for sms.
    you know i am the same, hardly ever use the BB, only calls really. I am wondering if the PB will hurt BB sales a little. I know for me at least, im not AS excited about upgrading my phone
    05-06-11 07:36 AM
    I love Bridge. I never turn it off and keep my Storm in my pocket where it belongs.
    05-06-11 07:41 AM
    I use it constantly. I'm in college and instead of having my phone out I just have my playbook out and can still read my emails easily while on campus. Its also great because I'm a constant BBmer.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-06-11 07:46 AM
    i use it more than my phone. in fact i use my phone as just a phone now. voice and sms. Very happy with it now and i know it will only get better.
    05-06-11 07:51 AM
    Use the bridge a lot. Can get the full email including images. Mine loads quickly though so it's much easier. Still use BB for regular text messages.
    05-06-11 08:00 AM
    Bridge is always connected between my 9000 and my PlayBook. I just wish the performance was better.
    05-06-11 08:03 AM
    +1 on bridge. I use it primarily for e-mail and calendar, but I like having the option of the Bridge Browser, even if it is rather slow. (Hopefully they will be able to optimize Bridge Browser going forward.)
    05-06-11 08:24 AM
    I bridge for my email, and bbm alot, I have no wifi at the office, I use bridge -browser (very slow). I am really loving the PB, when rim improves the bridge browser speed this will be one AWSOME device.

Question: to improve the speed of the bridge browser, will RIM have to improve the PB software or is it a hardware issue.?
    05-06-11 08:47 AM
    I bridge for my email, and bbm alot, I have no wifi at the office, I use bridge -browser (very slow). I am really loving the PB, when rim improves the bridge browser speed this will be one AWSOME device.

Question: to improve the speed of the bridge browser, will RIM have to improve the PB software or is it a hardware issue.?
    Well, they can't boost the Bluetooth transfer rate, but they can use "caching" to store commonly used items. I notice that when I use BBM through Bridge, it "re-draws" all the graphics and emoticons ever time I open BBM. If this was stored locally, it would be faster.
    05-06-11 08:50 AM
    they (apart from gandalf) use the bridge of khazad-dum, to escape from roaring balrogs.
    when the 3G/4G pb is released, aren't we all be forgotten???
    05-06-11 08:50 AM
    I leave my bridge connected all the time- for bbm and also for browsing when I venture away from a wifi area.

It works great for me, I love it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-06-11 08:54 AM
    All the time, since BBM works through the bridge I barely touch my Torch anymore. Very happy PB user...

AR
    05-06-11 09:03 AM
51 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD