View Poll Results: How many have bought the playbook and are not facing/facing problems with it?

Voters
278. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES : I have bought the Playbook

230 82.73%
  • NO : I have not bought the Playbook

17 6.12%
  • Its running perfectly. No problems

139 50.00%
  • Minor problems but I'm keeping it.

69 24.82%
  • Major Problems and I have returned/will return it.

5 1.80%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    Just wanting to know how many playbooks have been bought by crackberry visitors.
    Would give an idea of how well the PB is doing.
    Edit: Thought I'd include the Problems vs no Problems options as well. To track the percentage of people who are facing problems and if it is indeed very high or just blown up.
    Last edited by sam_b77; 04-24-11 at 04:56 PM.
    04-24-11 04:50 PM
    Got it, no problems so far.
    04-24-11 05:21 PM
    Bought on launch day. Exchanged a couple days later because there was a grey line (not sure if it was a hair) under the screen.
    04-24-11 05:51 PM
    minor issues not enough to deter me.
    04-24-11 05:58 PM
    This thing was a piece of cake to set-up. Bought a 32G PlayBook and within 20 mins was up and running including the software update. I am not a teckie by any means...followed the instructions on the screen. Was very slick.

Did my 2nd software update yesterday...fast and no problems. Don't understand all the gripping in CB. Great product...give it time.
    04-24-11 05:59 PM
    Might want to put the poll in other forums , I suspect most here have one
    04-24-11 06:02 PM
    Might want to put the poll in other forums , I suspect most here have one
    Well I assumed all playbook owners will visit this forum, so they would end up voting. Just wanted to see in figures what really is the error rate in Playbooks.
    Also I'm unable to vote and see results. My playbook is on its way from the US.
    04-25-11 04:22 AM
    Out of money...
    04-25-11 05:05 AM
    wow only 3 returns out of hundred.
    That's a 3% rejection rate. Doesn't seem as bad as the people make it out to be.
    04-25-11 03:29 PM
    Just wanting to know how many playbooks have been bought by crackberry visitors.
    Would give an idea of how well the PB is doing.
    Edit: Thought I'd include the Problems vs no Problems options as well. To track the percentage of people who are facing problems and if it is indeed very high or just blown up.
    This poll will give you an idea of how well the PlayBook is doing with the visitors of CrackBerry. But, it does not reflect how well the PlayBook is doing overall. Not every BlackBerry user visits CrackBerry, in fact I would guess not even 10% of users.
    04-25-11 03:35 PM
    This poll will give you an idea of how well the PlayBook is doing with the visitors of CrackBerry. But, it does not reflect how well the PlayBook is doing overall. Not every BlackBerry user visits CrackBerry, in fact I would guess not even 10% of users.
    Agreed. But then aren't all surveys just an extrapolation of a sample set

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-26-11 01:10 AM
    where can i get one of these!

04-26-11 02:15 AM
    Can the mods make this a sticky?
    With the no. of posts being made the poll gets lost ...
    04-26-11 10:42 AM
    where can i get one of these!

Android apps are coming this summer!!!!!

Can the mods make this a sticky?
    With the no. of posts being made the poll gets lost ...
    Too many stickies already!!!!!
    04-26-11 10:47 AM
    I voted for all options because you screwed up the poll. :P
    04-26-11 10:50 AM
    minor issues that were resolved thanks to CB. will be definitely keeping it.

let's face it, RIM hasn't been in the computing or tablet industry very long. everything inside our PB's is new. new OS, new everything.

but for a first tablet product from a company with little history in the computing industry, its a pretty damn good product, lots of upside potential. yeah, we all know it has some big challenges ahead. for the next while at least, the ball will be in RIM's court. hopefully they dont drop it though.
    04-26-11 11:33 AM
    The only two "problems" I have been having are: (1) I can't open PDF attachments in messages (it freezes while downloading); and (2) GPS is very slow to lock (and doesn't seem to work at all with the current version of Poynt).

Otherwise, there are some rough edges to polish in future OS releases (and am looking forward to Android and Java App support), but if the above two get fixed, I'm going to be one happy guy.
    04-26-11 12:30 PM
    My only issue with it is the browser shuts when playing an audio podcast. Other than that I am pleased with my purchase. I wish it had been $100 cheaper but I am content because this puppy will only get better and better as time goes by.
    04-26-11 01:03 PM
    finally got my PB and I'm loving it. No problems, everything worked perfectly out of the box.
    05-01-11 03:46 PM
    I'm happy.
    05-01-11 06:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD