We all know the PlayBook is multitasking but what apps will be available at launch? I realize there is talk about the PB being able to run Android apps one day...

Powerful hardware but what about software?

Thanks for your comments.

-Rich
    02-24-11 09:00 AM
    RIM has stated that they plan on having 4000 apps at launch.

Judging from the developer forums, the bottleneck seems to be in getting apps approved. Some devs have waited since December for approval of their apps. But it seems to have sped up lately.
    02-24-11 09:02 AM
    Hey Jetstream - which developer forums are you looking at? The one here at CB? I looked there and it seems pretty scarce in terms of PlayBook buzz.

Thanks.
    02-24-11 09:24 AM
    Hey Jetstream - which developer forums are you looking at? The one here at CB? I looked there and it seems pretty scarce in terms of PlayBook buzz.

Thanks.
    I'm talking about the RIM developer forums.

Tablet OS SDK for Adobe AIR - BlackBerry Support Community Forums
    02-24-11 10:10 AM
    rim doesnt want to hand out free PBs lol
    02-24-11 11:11 AM
    I've been wondering about the apps also. When they extended the submission date for the apps I wondered if it was from the lack of app submissions.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see....
    02-24-11 11:37 AM
    Most of the apps got approved the last 2 days. Code Signing works since sunday, so we developers are ready for this bad boy.

Only problem is, we need the real device asap to see our apps live. Simulator (version 0.9.3) is nice, but things like GPS (yes it has it) camera, mic, accelerometer, multitouch ... We have to test on our own.

Because of the free PB we will see tons of really small apps @beginning. With adobe flashbuilder it's very easy to design for android and bb t os. It's also not the biggest thing to compile android air apps for bb t os (this is meant by rumors, pb will run android - the truth is: pb and android can both run adobe air apps).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-24-11 11:50 AM
    if you wanna see a site that shows a bunch of playbook apps go to BlackBerry PlayBook | PlayBook Daily they have screen shots and sometime videos of them in action
    02-24-11 04:20 PM
    I've been wondering about the apps also. When they extended the submission date for the apps I wondered if it was from the lack of app submissions.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see....
    I may be wrong but didn't they extend it because webworks sdk was released a bit after air so they're giving a chance to webworks devs to participate?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-24-11 04:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD