I never really listened to podcasts prior to getting the Playbook. After thinking there was an issue with my PB, I finally figured out (with help from PB support) how it works.

Since my PB is a 16 GB model, I like to manage my storage space. After listening to a podcast I wanted to remove it completely from the PB. Whenever I deleted it (under My Podcasts, Episodes) it would queue back up under Downloads and get downloaded again.

If you want your podcasts to be automatically downloaded to your device when they are released, you MUST keep at least one podcast per subscription. The settings you would use for this is "When new episodes are found: Download Newest" and "When new episodes arrive, keep: Last 1 (or more)"

If you do NOT want to keep any old podcasts and completely remove them after listening, you have to set the "When new episodes are found" to "Download None" and download the newest podcasts manually.

Hope this helps.
    santi29402 and mlb13 like this.
    05-18-11 10:53 AM
    I have a different podcast problem. I have a url that work on the Torch, but is not recognized as a podcast channel on the PB.

Is there a way to directly input a url target?
    05-18-11 03:52 PM
    I have a different podcast problem. I have a url that work on the Torch, but is not recognized as a podcast channel on the PB.

Is there a way to directly input a url target?
    Not that I've been able to find, and that really ticks me off! I sure hope RIM fixes that in the next OS update. Booooo!
    05-18-11 04:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD