My PC is kaput right now, and I actually NEED my playbook, so this is its time to shine
    I cannot figure out how to force the pb to go to a regular Site instead of the mobile one. Specifically I am trying to go on TSX Group and it just defaults to the mobile site. I'm assuming it's probably an easy thing, like it is on the z10 but I just can't figure it out or find any information on it. Anyone know how to do this?
    03-04-13 06:03 PM
    There is no way to "force" the PlayBook native browser, sometimes sites have a full site link at the bottom...if this one doesn't download Dolphin Browser from BlackBerry World and in the settings of Dolphin there is an option to make it behave as a desktop browser. Hope that helps, good luck.
    03-04-13 06:07 PM
    This is not something a browser actually controls, but the web site. Browser can try to represent itself as a different browser, thus trying to "trick" the website but even then there are no guarantees. Find a link for the desktop version and bookmark it.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-13 06:14 PM
    Simple Browser+ also lets you set the user agent so it may work with most sites.
    Herve5 likes this.
    03-04-13 06:52 PM
    I went to the TMX site and it doesn't look very mobile. Maybe try clearing your cache or cookies?
    Attached Thumbnails How to make the PlayBook go to regular Site instead of mobile site-img_00000086.jpg  
    03-04-13 07:05 PM
    Yeah that is the regular Site. I'll try what you said.

Thanks for your help everyone
    03-04-13 10:28 PM
    Ahh, I can actually get to the site as you can chaddface, but when I enter a quote or click on something it defaults to the mobile site
    03-04-13 10:34 PM
    Use Simple Browser+. Works perfectly for what you need it for.
    wiredr likes this.
    03-05-13 04:20 AM
    Yep, Simple Browser+. User agent = desktop.
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    03-05-13 02:23 PM
    Ahh, I can actually get to the site as you can chaddface, but when I enter a quote or click on something it defaults to the mobile site
    I entered a quote and you're right, as soon as I pressed enter it went to the mobile version of the Site.

But, if you notice at the top right corner of the mobile site page, there is a clickable link titled "Menu". Tap on that and it takes you to a list of options, one of which is "View full site". Tap on that and it takes you to the full website, instead of the mobile. At this point, if you enter a quote, it stays on the full website.
    jamesharmeling and pbluv like this.
    03-06-13 09:51 AM