Send me one and I will let you know!
    04-01-12 01:09 AM
    mine takes about the same, and as for your computers time to upgrade to an SSD, my pc boots in about 30 seconds or less and its not that new either, ssd all the way.
    My 640GB Portege takes only 6 seconds more.
    04-01-12 02:05 AM
    My 640GB Portege takes only 6 seconds more.
    Oh, yeah, yeah, yeah...you and your Portege!! My Hp Pavilion is in brushed aluminum.
    Rodolfo#WP likes this.
    04-01-12 02:15 AM
    Oh, yeah, yeah, yeah...you and your Portege!! My Hp Pavilion is in brushed aluminum. Click to view quoted image
    LOL... you earned a Like on that one.

My battery lasts more than seven hours!!
    04-01-12 02:30 AM
    My Playbook is waaaay slower to boot than my other mobile computers. My Samsung 10.2 (Android) tablet takes 35 seconds to boot; my Dell XT2 (Windows 7) laptop takes 40 seconds.

Whichever version of QNX is running in "20 million" cars, I can't believe that it takes 4+ minutes to boot...
    JeffyPooh likes this.
    04-01-12 03:49 AM
    two minutes 57 Secs, although it certainly doesn't feel like that. If I were to guess I would have said a minute or so.
    04-01-12 05:22 AM
    sry, have to call BS on that one unless you meant give or take a cple minutes

Haven't actually timed mine, but yeah 3 min is about right. I'd guess it's a full minute longer to reboot since OS2. Luckily, PB's rarely require a reboot.
    Someone cannot tell which device he's turning on.
    04-01-12 06:30 AM
    Funny answers! I guess I'll have to use it a lil more so that keeping it on standby comes handy!
    More or less 2mins 55seconds is the average time for PBs with OS2.0 round the globe.
    04-01-12 07:12 AM
    It takes a while...I dont know exactly and I dont care... It will be turned off maybe once a week. When it is started, it never fails and its just lovely
    04-01-12 07:25 AM
    Just turned mine off for the very first time(minus OS upgrade) in months. Read this thread and had to time it out. 2 minutes and 48 seconds on a 32GB unit.

Who cares to be honest, the thing rarely needs to be turned off, just put it into stand by mode.
    JeffyPooh likes this.
    04-01-12 07:29 AM
    Well, my HP Pavilion notebook reboot time was for the total turnoff through turn back on again sequence. Does that make a difference? Anyway, you want to talk about a looooooong reboot. I have a Comcast TiVo box. Good Lord, that takes 10, 15 minutes. It's insane.
    I rarely reboot my tivo-tivo but it does take its time. But my 9650/Bold took between 11 and 12 minutes. A PHONE!!!

I don't have much call to reboot/restart the pb. But OS1.x was definitely faster. I think that its startup housekeeping must be beating the rugs and washing the windows (no pun intended).

Is it reindexing all of the media files? I do know it's taking time to re-order items in its music playlists rather than respecting the order they are listed!
    Last edited by F2; 04-01-12 at 09:10 AM.
    04-01-12 09:07 AM
    As they write most OSs now, each time you reboot, it goes through the exact same billions and billions of operations as it did the last time you rebooted it. It's reasonable to expect that some necessary variations would be required towards the end of the boot process to account for settings and files. But one could imagine that there might be a more efficient algorithm involving a known-good stored machine state.

This PB takes about the same time as others mentioned. But it's in standby all the time.
    04-01-12 10:52 AM
    It's a lot faster than my XP deskstation.
    04-01-12 10:58 AM
    Would it be beneficial to have a utility to restart the PlayBook at a specified time like QL does for the phones? So it can do the deed in the middle of the night when your sleeping and be fresh in the morning. Or am I just thinking BBOS?
    Last edited by olblueyez; 04-01-12 at 11:22 AM.
    04-01-12 11:18 AM
    Mine takes 2minutes 45 sec. that is normal for this os, if you are that impatient then store it on a charger stand and leave it on standby .
    04-01-12 01:58 PM
    About 35 seconds, give or take a couple.
    Okay. Did you load Palm OS on it or something?
    04-01-12 02:11 PM
    Would it be beneficial to have a utility to restart the PlayBook at a specified time like QL does for the phones? So it can do the deed in the middle of the night when your sleeping and be fresh in the morning. Or am I just thinking BBOS?
    No, it would not for me, rarely needs reboots anyway, but if feel you must do it daily, do it last thing before bed while brushing your teeth or first thing in the am while in the shower or something, no app needed.
    04-01-12 05:20 PM

Whichever version of QNX is running in "20 million" cars, I can't believe that it takes 4+ minutes to boot...
    Who said they ever need to boot? Maybe they are perpetually on standby? Given that a playbook can stay in Standby mode for about a week before the battery dies. The car computer could probably last several weeks/month on that large battery that you have in your car. Or maybe the QNX running on those cars aren't going through all the cryptological checks as the playbook does.
    04-01-12 08:45 PM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD