Does anyone know of software to link my pb to as400? Mochasoft has for bb smartphones, ipad and android, but no playbook. Would be REALLY useful in my business. Thanks.
    05-16-11 10:28 AM
    I am looking for the same - we should try asking Mochasoft if they plan on releasing a PB app or if they will package the android version so it will run on the Playbook when RIM releases the runtime for Android?
    05-16-11 11:01 AM
    Ive been looking for a solution as well, Im hoping Mochasoft will release a PB version.
    05-16-11 11:18 AM
    I emailed Mochasoft about their plans. Here is the reply I got:

"I have no plans at the moment to make software for the playbook, or
    make an Android version for the playbook

Wants to see if they will sell many copies, as it will be a major
    development task making software for the new hardware.

jan f - mochasoft"
    05-17-11 06:02 AM
    i hope so too.
    05-17-11 06:33 AM
    Does anyone know of software to link my pb to as400? Mochasoft has for bb smartphones, ipad and android, but no playbook. Would be REALLY useful in my business. Thanks.

oh! you just made me think to see if we can connect a usb scanner!

illtry it tomorrow.....err...ummm..in a couple jours.

been up all night! lol, its 434am here.
    05-17-11 06:34 AM
    Thanks for the feedback. Pretty surprising to me that it's not out there given bb's commitment to the corporate world. My sales reps are using iPads with Mochasoft software and I'm surprised and a little embarassed I can do nothing with my pb, and I own the company. Go figure.
    05-17-11 10:24 AM
    I would suggest poking Mochasoft for the app for the Playbook too. We could have a case here of the squeeky wheel getting the oil. BB and System i are both solid corporate performers yet get little attention in the frivilous world we live in. But that's a topic for another soapbox.
    05-17-11 10:38 AM
    By the way - here's their contact info - "MochaSoft" <[email protected]>
    05-17-11 10:40 AM
    I don't have a PB but still thinking about one and had hope Mocha would put out a 5250 client.I have one on my iphone I used last week while playing in a golf scramble

Something I thought about testing but not sure it would work on the PB because of the screen size is to RDP into a PC and bring up the onscreen screen XP keyboard, start a session to the as400/i5 and try entering commands using the Windows on screen keyboard.

Their reply seems similar to what some other developer said and that's a wait and see.
    I wish RIM had tossed some money some developers ways and got some good quality business tool apps,RDP,5250,FTP etc
    05-17-11 10:48 AM
    I have a PB (and it's truly a boss tablet). RDP via the PB is an intriguing idea.... 5250 on the PB would be amazing.

I am hoping business apps start coming soon - I'd like to develop a 5250 emulator myself - mmmmmmm
    05-17-11 11:08 AM
    Seems like there is a market for the 5250 if you're serious.
    05-17-11 11:22 AM
    I am. I've started to research...
    05-17-11 11:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD