is one of the newer models or from the old ones?

I purchased the 16GB model from a seller on amazon about a month ago, and i really don't know if this is a new model or not.
    Last edited by rupam95; 02-05-12 at 09:31 PM.
    02-05-12 09:28 PM
    Only one model out........
    02-05-12 09:31 PM
    The new model has not been released yet. It's still at the "rumored" stage.

If you mean the manufacturing date, look at the box. It has the 6 digit date.
    02-05-12 09:31 PM
    The new model has not been released yet. It's still at the "rumored" stage.

If you mean the manufacturing date, look at the box. It has the 6 digit date.

Yea, i meant the manufacturing date.

Is it under the bar lines?
    02-05-12 09:37 PM
    Yea, i meant the manufacturing date.

Is it under the bar lines?
    Yes. The last 6 digit number. Mine says 270411. Note that it's not the American MMDDYY, but the international DDMMYY.
    02-05-12 09:49 PM
    actually, there are currently 2x generation of playbooks floating around, those with hard to reach power/volumne +/-

and those with easier power/volumne +/- buttons.

as for internal hardware, they are all the same, the only physical difference are the buttons
    02-05-12 09:56 PM
    actually, there are currently 2x generation of playbooks floating around, those with hard to reach power/volumne +/-

and those with easier power/volumne +/- buttons.

as for internal hardware, they are all the same, the only physical difference are the buttons
    No. It's the same model. RIM just "fixed"/raised the power button along the way.
    02-05-12 09:59 PM
    read my post again,

i answered OP question,

so you are stating the tablets that have the fixed buttons are exactly the same with the hard to reach buttons? Which is true - other than the buttons LOL.

But i still count 2 variants, due to the fact you could still buy old stock from a store and get a playbook with bad buttons.
    02-05-12 10:05 PM
    read my post again,

i answered OP question,

so you are stating the tablets that have the fixed buttons are exactly the same with the hard to reach buttons? Which is true - other than the buttons LOL.

But i still count 2 variants, due to the fact you could still buy old stock from a store and get a playbook with bad buttons.
    I am stating that the word "model" refers to something different than what you think it is.

By your logic, we have many more models. For example, one with the bulge and one without. One with dead pixels, and one without, etc. And numerous combinations of the above.
    Last edited by kennyliu; 02-05-12 at 10:12 PM.
    02-05-12 10:09 PM
    And then some of us think that the date is the date it was boxed and not the manufacturing or assembly date. There probably is a date inside somewhere. But then there are supposedly ones with different screen tones???? Different model or just variations in manufacturer.
    kennyliu likes this.
    02-05-12 10:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD