I should start with the story around me actually getting my playbook first, so i will.

So yesterday (saturday) i wizzed off to the shopping centre and right into the nearest retailer selling the playbook. Long story short, i went right in, played on the stores demo model and called over for some assistance. "can i buy one please? ... and i did

I was very excited to get home, open up and play with my new Playbook. After the twenty five min' drive home, i was finally ready to open up the box and play... oh? Whats this i thought as i pulled the playbook out of its box. (it seemed pre-used). I pressed the on button regardless before actually making any judgments, after all, it was only the box that looked opened, not the pb itself.

After pressing the powerbon button, it fired up quickly and went right to the main menu... "ermm, thats not right" i thought, "where is the setup screen and why are there apps already on here....?".

At this point i happened to flip the playbook around to find the stores "demo model" sticker, pin and other such things stuck down on the back of the playbook. " ahh crap, ive got the stores playbook"... I felt so let down and sad lol. So, i phoned the store i got my pb from and explained i have theres and would like mine. They said sorry about half a million times and said they'd replace it right away. So a twenty five min' drive back to the shopping centre and back into the store, edging to use my playbook!!!! ...

Finally! After doing a straight swap and opening up the playbook in front of the stores manager, it was there and brand new! Off home i go again... and to save on every detail, ill cut it short.

Opened the box, plugged in the playbook, updating the OS and started downloading and browsing the web...

...I have loved every second of it and wont put it down, infact im writing this on the playbook right now

To tell the truth ive only told you all this so i could post with my playbook
    06-26-11 06:28 AM
    You typed that whole story on the PlayBook? I'm impressed. The lack of spell check would drive me insane before I was able to finish typing that. It's not that I can't spell, but I make a lot of errors on touchscreen devices.

Why would they give you a demo model though?
    06-26-11 06:53 AM
    Cool, enjoy!
    06-26-11 06:57 AM
    Why would they give you a demo model though?
    It is possible the store had multiple demo units but either did not put them all out on the floor or had reduced the number of display units and re-boxed it. Either way, when purchasing a new device always check that the box is sealed.

To the OP, some people would have bashed the BlackBerry PlayBook and/or Research In Motion instead of posting the positive experience you are having with your new tablet. Maybe you can update this thread as you use the tablet over the next few weeks to help counter all the negativity which seems to permeate throughout the forum.
    06-26-11 07:10 AM
    It is possible the store had multiple demo units but either did not put them all out on the floor or had reduced the number of display units and re-boxed it. Either way, when purchasing a new device always check that the box is sealed.

To the OP, some people would have bashed the BlackBerry PlayBook and/or Research In Motion instead of posting the positive experience you are having with your new tablet. Maybe you can update this thread as you use the tablet over the next few weeks to help counter all the negativity which seems to permeate throughout the forum.
    Other than the crack heads that come to see whats new every day, a lot of the threads are from newbies with issues, hence the posts are negative.

If they can fix all the bridge issues, wi-fi compatibility with more security settings, add a feature to return to stock without loosing your media / demo video, fix the notifications randomly picking emails, improve the browsers javascript engine, add the ability to delete core apps or prevent from deleting, add spell check, release native email, android player, java player for bbos apps, and even then people will find something else!!

:-)
    newcollector likes this.
    06-26-11 07:36 AM
    yes but if you look closely thats the way it goes in almost every boarding,no matter about what device or else.
    People seem to have the tendency to most negative things more often,thats a habit of society,why should someone post what problems he doesnt have with his things.
    You post with the intention maybe let off some steam or trying to solve the problems that bug you,why would you try to solve a problem you dont have.
    Thats the way it is,and it wont change anytime soon
    sam_b77 likes this.
    06-26-11 07:43 AM
    yes but if you look closely thats the way it goes in almost every boarding,no matter about what device or else.
    People seem to have the tendency to most negative things more often,thats a habit of society,why should someone post what problems he doesnt have with his things.
    You post with the intention maybe let off some steam or trying to solve the problems that bug you,why would you try to solve a problem you dont have.
    Thats the way it is,and it wont change anytime soon
    sounds logical, i don't normally post something to say that it's working fine, i post mostly when i have an issue.
    btw i think main purpose of a forum is to support users who have some issues. so having lot of post saying they have some problems doesn't make the device to be a bad one
    06-26-11 08:17 AM
    That's such an epic fail on the stores part.

DEMO UNIT.

Fail.

lol. I always wondered if they would ever sell those if stock ran out. Haha.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-26-11 08:20 AM
    Thank you for the replies guys. To clear a few things up i love the playbook and think its just damn brilliant! Also yes, i did post my entire topic on the pb and im replying again with it. Im very impressed with my whole experience, the incident at the store was an honest mistake by the staff, theyve gone out back and picked up the first one they seen and handed it to me. The staff seemed as pleased as me to be buying it and seemed very enthusiastic!

Personally, this is the best tablet out!

What sort of battery life are people getting out of their playbooks and how often are you using it? Ive only had the device a day so far and notice it going down quicker then id expected but no issues as of yet, that said, it could be just because im on it alot and its a new battery? Sort of needs a break in period ?
    Last edited by hughes662; 06-26-11 at 09:16 AM.
    06-26-11 09:03 AM
    Thank you for the replies guys. To clear a few things up i love the playbook and think its just damn brilliant! Also yes, i did post my entire topic on the pb and im replying again with it. Im very impressed with my whole experience, the incident at the store was an honest mistake by the staff, theyve gone out back and picked up the first one they seen and handed it to me. The staff seemed as pleased as me to be buying it and seemed very enthusiastic!

Personally, this is the best tablet out!

What sort of battery life are people getting out of their playbooks and how often are you using it? Ive only had the device a day so far and notice it going down quicker then id expected but no issues as of yet, that said, it could be just because im on it alot and its a new battery? Sort of needs a break in period ?
    Thanks for a positive post, good luck with your "NEW" PlayBook. I'm enjoying mine as well
    06-26-11 09:52 AM
    I got mine the morning they came out.... I have been using it for close to 10 hours a day before charging it. Well, let me correct that- My FAMILY has been using it that much. It is really hard to keep track of who has it. Both kids want it all the time and quickly find the latest games. They also enjoy music from youtube. My husband is always watching golf clips on youtube, and I always check this site and the news sites. It sure gets a workout!
    06-26-11 03:07 PM
    One thing ive noticed with the pb is that i use it a lot more than i think i do, at first i thought the battery was crap, completely forgetting i had it sat next to the keyboard on my desk and surfing the web/watching youtube videos. I also use it for general web stuff in the house and instead of my phone in a lot of cases, pb battery may take a beating but im hardly charging my phone now, despite the bluetooth

Depends what im doing with it but seeing around 10 hours so far from mine. One thing i have done is turned the backlight right down, on full its too bright if anything, i have the slider at around 25% and thats more than enough for indoor use

Good to hear a positive experience anyway, not many get posted but theres some of us about who like the pb at least
    06-26-11 03:29 PM
    Make sure you open Video Chat and accept it. That will improve your battery drain. RIM has also suggested draining the battery completely then charging it completely a time or two. I did that, and my battery seems to be working well. 10-ish hours? The complete battery drain seems to be a bit controversial though with this type of battery, some saying it's not good to do so.
    06-26-11 04:27 PM
    I got mine the morning they came out.... I have been using it for close to 10 hours a day before charging it. Well, let me correct that- My FAMILY has been using it that much. It is really hard to keep track of who has it. Both kids want it all the time and quickly find the latest games. They also enjoy music from youtube. My husband is always watching golf clips on youtube, and I always check this site and the news sites. It sure gets a workout!
    I can relate. My kids abuse my 32 gig every day. Its amazing how they put it through its paces. Proves how robust it can be . I finally got a 64 for myself. I had a few flash related issues with the new pb but did a security wipe and now it seems issue free.
    06-26-11 05:07 PM
    Day three of none stop use (apart from when im at work) and thus far, im still having a great time and have no problems to report. Also i dont think ive taken into account just how much ive used the playbook for, the battery seems pretty good so far! Web Browsing on this is brilliant!
    06-27-11 12:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD