When you hold it (holding in the left hand to finger push with right hand pointer) does the PlayBook rest on your left little finger with hand behind or on the thumb with left pointer behind? I wonder which is more ergonomic and will avoid repetitive strain? Neither seems balanced for the weight and centre of mass for the device.
    04-12-12 06:52 PM
    I switch it up between those 2 all the time, havn't really thought about it until now lol
    peter9477 likes this.
    04-12-12 06:54 PM
    dont put the weight on your pinky
    it will feel numb only after a while

since I have convertible case, I usually use it on table
    or I just sit on my bed, put a pillow on my lap and put the PB on top of the pillow

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Crackberry Apps
    04-12-12 07:15 PM
    Agreed with jordandrews90, and I probably do a couple of other "holds" on it as well especially when reading in bed and for extended periods.

I wouldn't worry much about "repetitive strain" with this however. That's generally associated more with a repeated motion than with merely holding something. I'm fairly sensitive to that whole area, having barely dodged the carpal tunnel bullet after switching to ergonomic keyboards and such, and I haven't noticed anything with this tablet that concerns me in that area, after close to a year of extremely heavy use.

I don't, however, game very much, and it's quite possible some games could encourage a style of use which would lead to repetitive strain, so it's worth being aware of it. For simply holding it, however, I don't think so.
    04-12-12 07:18 PM
    I rest it on... all four fingers. Usually.

Sometimes I place it on the back of my hand and use it like some sort of giant, flat, Pip Boy 3000...

Gouk, tvasile, BerryClever and 1 others like this.
    04-12-12 07:35 PM
    Too sweet!! However, after fumbling around for a couple of weeks, I succumbed to the "correct" position with *BlackBerry at the bottom. Doc Neutron.
    04-12-12 07:43 PM
    Thumb under, forefinger behind resting in groove of blurex case cover.
    bbfan1040 likes this.
    04-12-12 08:07 PM
    3behind for support, thumb on the left pinky under it. or when typing two pinkys for support while thumb typing all others behind.
    04-12-12 08:09 PM
    Lol how to hold hmmm.. I never actually thinked of how i held the PlayBook though.
    Now off to my PlayBook and pay some attention on how i hold my PlayBook lol.
    diegonei likes this.
    04-12-12 08:09 PM
    I rest it on... all four fingers. Usually.

Sometimes I place it on the back of my hand and use it like some sort of giant, flat, Pip Boy 3000...

Click to view quoted image
    OK, that is bad ... I want one! And BlackBerry, I hope you make a case like that for the PlayBook, and while you are at it, put VAT in OS 2.1! Having a "real" Pipboy would be sweet

Edit: after "bad" is bass without a b. I didn't realize that word wasn't allowed, sorry. I don't think it is bad but quite the opposite.
    Last edited by BerryClever; 04-13-12 at 03:00 PM.
    04-12-12 11:44 PM
    OK, that is bad ... I want one! And BlackBerry, I hope you make a case like that for the PlayBook, and while you are at it, put VAT in OS 2.1! Having a "real" Pipboy would be sweet
    I guess I must disclaim that I ONLY do that when I am perfectly stationary...
    BerryClever likes this.
    04-12-12 11:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD