My 32GB playbook is getting rather full, so I decided to copy all files to my laptop in preparation for a change to a 64GB... when I copied everything over, the laptop shows 67.1 Gb of files... on the Playbook there is a folder called misc... within this is a folder marked android and there seems to be a duplicate of every file I have placed on the playbook. I know this can't be right, so what's happening?
    08-24-12 04:50 PM
    playbook might have different file format than pc and therefore can store more data ? wild guess

Sent from Blackberry 9810 with Crackberry forum app
    08-24-12 04:58 PM
    08-24-12 05:24 PM
    All the files are mirrored for Android apps, no they aren't duplicated. It just looks that way.
    08-24-12 06:13 PM
    If you do copy files from the Misc folder, you have to be very deliberate. Your regular photos, music, videos, etc will be in there and copied again. But there will be unique files, too created by Android apps.
    08-24-12 06:46 PM
    The files in the misc directory are basically symbolic links to the real files in the real folders..
    While copying over to the PC the links get resolved and the files get copied again making it seem like they are duplicated..
    08-24-12 09:13 PM
    If those above explanations doesn't convince you, the simplest explanation is you copied your files twice on different folders or with different file names...
    08-25-12 04:16 AM
    haha this is always fun to have new users go through this! Well the PlayBook teaches you something new everyday.. Maybe you can use this system to better organize your skydrive.

Atleast the title will get some attention and make users read that Duplicate file thread!
    08-27-12 03:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD