I'm getting very frustrated having to repeatedly type my email address and password every time I use a website (eg. ITV player). How can I get my Playbook to remember my details as my netbook does?
    11-24-12 02:13 PM
    I'm getting very frustrated having to repeatedly type my email address and password every time I use a website (eg. ITV player). How can I get my Playbook to remember my details as my netbook does?
    Do you have PRIVATE BROWSING turned on in the Browser Options? In the Browser, swipe down, pick Settings, then Privacy and Security. Also accept cookies?

Private Browsing ON can block storage of private info such as log-in/password.
    Last edited by F2; 11-24-12 at 11:55 PM.
    CairnsRock likes this.
    11-24-12 02:21 PM
    8 minutes from question to answer. Got to love the crackberry community.
    mpetrol likes this.
    11-24-12 02:25 PM
    8 minutes from question to answer. Got to love the crackberry community.
    But we don't yet know if it solved the problem - but we try!
    W Hoa likes this.
    11-24-12 03:52 PM
    I have the same problem. I tried the suggestions, but it did not work for me. I have private browsing and cookies on. I never closed PB down, turned off wifi and went on standby. Crackberry and another Site both required me log in again despite remember me or whatever being checked. Wish something like LastPass could be used to autofill. Or a browser would do same. What do others do? Do you fill inUsername &password each time?
    11-24-12 09:20 PM
    My reply probably is NOT clear. Turn off Private Browsing, log on. Then, I've read but can't confirm, you can turn Private Browsing back on and your password will be maintained.
    11-24-12 11:55 PM
    My reply probably is NOT clear. Turn off Private Browsing, log on. Then, I've read but can't confirm, you can turn Private Browsing back on and your password will be maintained.
    Thanks. Tried that and it seems to be working. Even doing it one at atime and switching private browsing on & off.

But question that comes to mind, is WHY we have to do that and without Crackberry how would user learn that? Maybe something RIM should address.

One question. What action would cause user to lose the auto log on?
    11-25-12 10:32 AM
    I can confirm that. I've been using private browsing for weeks now and the browser remembers my info and keeps me logged in... Provided I dont clear the cookies.

OP, have you cleared the cookies? No amount of magic will be enough to solve your problem if you clear those.
    11-25-12 10:38 AM