Ok, so I did something stupid.

Aside from living in Australia (where these apps are not supported), I deleted my original versions of NFS and Tetris without backing them up to BBM, with the intention of updating to the new release versions just released in BB Store.

And this was my first mistake.

After deleting these apps, you cannot reload them (unless you backed them up using BBM..)

And... If you're residing in any country outside of US/Canada/Japan, the versions on BB Store will refuse to download because my profile does not meet the app requirements....

Any help would be appreciated. I know these games come in the very original firmware, but I'm on 1.3 now and cannot work out how to get back on the original fw in order to get these games back.. ...
    05-06-11 07:51 PM
    Go to the thread "PB App World Overseas?" for some suggestions.
    05-06-11 08:26 PM
    Create a fake id sign in with that to the app store (use u.s. details). Might have to wipe your device, im not sure if you could sign out of the app world.
    05-06-11 08:37 PM
    Ok, so I did something stupid.

Aside from living in Australia (where these apps are not supported), I deleted my original versions of NFS and Tetris without backing them up to BBM, with the intention of updating to the new release versions just released in BB Store.

And this was my first mistake.

After deleting these apps, you cannot reload them (unless you backed them up using BBM..)

And... If you're residing in any country outside of US/Canada/Japan, the versions on BB Store will refuse to download because my profile does not meet the app requirements....

Any help would be appreciated. I know these games come in the very original firmware, but I'm on 1.3 now and cannot work out how to get back on the original fw in order to get these games back.. ...
    Can you perform the forced OS update through desktop manager? That should download the newest OS, 1.0.3 which should include those apps. You'll lose everything you don't backup though.
    cheetah2k likes this.
    05-06-11 09:11 PM
    Can you perform the forced OS update through desktop manager? That should download the newest OS, 1.0.3 which should include those apps. You'll lose everything you don't backup though.
    +1 I think backing up and following the bricked device instructions located here is the way to go.

Good Luck!
    cheetah2k likes this.
    05-06-11 09:47 PM
    Awesome guys, thanks for your help!!!

Worked out all good
    05-07-11 01:16 AM
    Hmmm interesting the first night i got my playbook...i had to do a security wipe which wiped the apps that came with the pb but once i had re-booted and installed the new OS...i went to BB appworld and just re-downloaded NFS and Tetris, they downloaded fine without any issues.

I live in the UK and set up my playbook as an American device as the UK isnt supported yet ie no release date given and there were only 3 countries listed ie America, Canada both french and english versions.
    05-07-11 07:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD