I was an early a RIM or Blackberry Devotee to my detriment as far as I am concerned but I still own my Playbook and managed to find an old laptop running Windows 7 in order to be able to connect my Playbook to a computer again and add training videos I could view on the go instead of lugging my laptop out, which runs Windows 8.1

I cannot access Gmail because Google Blocks it declaring it is a less secure device.

Hi,
    Google just blocked a less secure app from accessing your Google Account [email protected].
    Less secure app
    Thursday, October 6, 2016 8:09 PM (Philippine Standard Time)
    Metro Manila, Philippines*

I tried to go to app world to see if maybe I am running outdated apps and I could not connect to app store. The program loaded. It showed me what was available. Even showed me my reader needed to be updated but would not let me connect using a wireless connection over the Internet.

I can use a browser to browse the Internet. I can still download emails from my business email (regular email not gmail, yahoo, etc. but from personal domain).

1) How can I access App World without having a Blackberry Phone with Carrier Package. My Z10 was stolen a few months after it was released and I moved here to the Philippines.

2) How can I access and add android apps on my Playbook for I am running OS 2.1

3) Is the Playbook itself the less secure device or something else? I find it hard to believe a Blackberry device is less secure. That is its signature mark, security.

Thank you in advance. Please help me get some use out of this tablet so I do not feel the need to upgrade to an iPad to go with my iPhone 6.

PS: If anyone knows other things I can do to get life out of this tablet besides watching videos please share.
    10-06-16 06:46 PM
    Since no more update for Playbook, I wouldn't recommend using Playbook for important activities (online banking,storing important documents, identity, etc).
    I only use my Playbook for reading, browsing, watching online movies, and sometimes light games. Nothing serious activities.
    Anyway, It's still good device.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-16 02:14 PM
    Thank you for taking the time to share a comment.

Eric
    JD_CB likes this.
    10-08-16 01:42 AM
    Since no more update for Playbook, I wouldn't recommend using Playbook for important activities (online banking,storing important documents, identity, etc).
    I only use my Playbook for reading, browsing, watching online movies, and sometimes light games. Nothing serious activities.
    Anyway, It's still good device.

Posted via CB10
    Where do you watch movies on your playbook?
    10-12-16 06:37 PM
    Where do you watch movies on your playbook?
    http://rainierland.com/ is one site but there are others.
    10-12-16 07:06 PM
    I was an early a RIM or Blackberry Devotee to my detriment as far as I am concerned but I still own my Playbook and managed to find an old laptop running Windows 7 in order to be able to connect my Playbook to a computer again and add training videos I could view on the go instead of lugging my laptop out, which runs Windows 8.1

I cannot access Gmail because Google Blocks it declaring it is a less secure device.

Hi,
    Google just blocked a less secure app from accessing your Google Account [email protected].
    Less secure app
    Thursday, October 6, 2016 8:09 PM (Philippine Standard Time)
    Metro Manila, Philippines*

I tried to go to app world to see if maybe I am running outdated apps and I could not connect to app store. The program loaded. It showed me what was available. Even showed me my reader needed to be updated but would not let me connect using a wireless connection over the Internet.

I can use a browser to browse the Internet. I can still download emails from my business email (regular email not gmail, yahoo, etc. but from personal domain).

1) How can I access App World without having a Blackberry Phone with Carrier Package. My Z10 was stolen a few months after it was released and I moved here to the Philippines.

2) How can I access and add android apps on my Playbook for I am running OS 2.1

3) Is the Playbook itself the less secure device or something else? I find it hard to believe a Blackberry device is less secure. That is its signature mark, security.

Thank you in advance. Please help me get some use out of this tablet so I do not feel the need to upgrade to an iPad to go with my iPhone 6.

PS: If anyone knows other things I can do to get life out of this tablet besides watching videos please share.
    Are you running OS 2.1.0.1917? If not you should probably update to this latest and last version. Even if you have this version, maybe reinstall the OS and begin anew. Blackberry World maybe needs to be refreshed.
    10-12-16 07:17 PM
    Google automatically implemented a two-part authentication process a while back. I noticed it when I couldn't get GMail on the PlayBook hub any more. The PlayBook can't handle the two-part authentication - hence the old device warning from Google. You have to log in to Google and turn off that feature manually.
    dmlis and andy957 like this.
    10-12-16 07:39 PM
    Google automatically implemented a two-part authentication process a while back. I noticed it when I couldn't get GMail on the PlayBook hub any more. The PlayBook can't handle the two-part authentication - hence the old device warning from Google. You have to log in to Google and turn off that feature manually.

You can create an app-specific password for devices that don't support two-factor authentication.
    BoneMatrix likes this.
    10-13-16 05:34 AM
    So can someone help me logging to my Google account on the playbook browser plz..

Posted via CB10
    10-13-16 07:29 AM
    http://rainierland.com/ is one site but there are others.
    sick thanks bro
    10-13-16 02:14 PM
    So can someone help me logging to my Google account on the playbook browser plz..
    You can access gmail using one of the android browsers- Maxthon or Dolphin. You can also access gmail using the android Messages app, which is on your Playbook, though you may have trouble finding it. The advantage of using the Messages app is that you'll get notifications of incoming mail.
    10-13-16 05:23 PM
    thank you for help but.. its for google + haha.. yeah I don't mind using android broswer.... its kind of sluggish
    10-13-16 06:40 PM
    ...odd, I'm still getting my Gmail through the 'Hub' on my LTE model.

Posted on my Powerful Passport
    10-13-16 07:18 PM
    ...odd, I'm still getting my Gmail through the 'Hub' on my LTE model.

Posted on my Powerful Passport
    Do you have two part authentication turned on in Google? It was turned on by Google in my account when Google started this process, but that may not have happened to everyone.. When I turned off two part authentication after I figured out why I wasn't getting the e-mails, the hub again accessed my GMail e-mails.
    10-13-16 09:11 PM
    In Google account settings turn on less secure device you can sign in to Gmail, I remember that the solution

posted via the last true BlackBerry
    10-13-16 09:31 PM
    Found it

posted via the last true BlackBerry
    Attached Thumbnails How to Get most out of a Playbook in 2016 w/o Mobile Carrier-323125.jpg  
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    10-13-16 09:33 PM
    Thanks

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-14-16 11:19 AM
    it says cookies disabled..
    10-14-16 11:36 AM
    Still getting great mileage on my two 64gb PBs, great sound for music, simple unified email inbox, and light web browsing (although that is a bit slow).

Posted via CB10
    10-21-16 03:44 PM
    ... You can also access gmail using the android Messages app, which is on your Playbook, though you may have trouble finding it...
    Where on the PB can we find that Android Message App pls?

Posted via CB10
    10-26-16 02:38 PM
    Where on the PB can we find that Android Message App pls?
    You can't access it directly, but there are a number of ways to access it indirectly. Probably the easies way is to install "Quick App Manager" from BB World. Then open the app and click on Email from the homescreen, then tap "Open", and you'll be prompted to set up your mail account(s) Once set up, you'll get notifications of incoming mail, the only caveat being that after rebooting your Playbook, notifications won't come until you open an (any) android app.
    10-26-16 04:47 PM
    for movies use solarmovie.sc its very pb friendly and no ads!
    brookie229 likes this.
    10-26-16 08:37 PM
    for movies use solarmovie.sc its very pb friendly and no ads!
    Nice find!
    10-30-16 05:23 AM
    You can't access it directly, but there are a number of ways to access it indirectly. Probably the easies way is to install "Quick App Manager" from BB World. Then open the app and click on Email from the homescreen, then tap....
    Errr... using the PB email client seems a whole lot easier... but Thx all the same...

Posted via CB10
    11-04-16 12:29 PM