- CrackBerry Genius
12-27-2012, 01:19 PM #2
- 3,082 Posts
There is a How-To here http://forums.crackberry.com/android...-2-0-a-701348/
It isn't real easy, but it isn't all that hard either. The main thing is do you have a way to get the Android Apps you want and then convert them, or if someone has already found the app and converted it and posted it. Good E-Reader Good e-Reader - Your online destination for e-reader, Digital Publishing and Tablet PC News has been hosting a bunch of Android Bar files, but their site is down right now.
- CrackBerry Genius
12-27-2012, 01:21 PM #3
- 1,723 Posts
- Just PM
use DDPB installer to 'Sideload' android-converted apps♚ ❤ button ♚
✪✪✪ Playbook + BB10 DEV , APPS ON REQUEST PLEASE PM ME. ✔✔✔[PB]Crackberry Forum App (NON-ANDROID) ✪✪✪
☢ bbUI.js ☢ expert -- Need HELP ? Just PM me ! ☣ Blackberry Playbook 64GB ☣
- 01-28-2013, 05:41 PM #5
Last edited by ChrisMay; 01-29-2013 at 04:26 AM. Reason: Not paying attention to what the predictive text on the PB keyboard was doing.
- CrackBerry Newbie
02-13-2013, 08:39 PM #6
- 3 Posts
This is respond to Zelly regarding install Android apps on the PlayBook.
I have had managed to side loading many Android apps to my Playbook, some worked and some don't but the process is very straight forward and very easy.
First, you need a beautiful small program to install Android apps, it called DDPB, you can Google it and it's free to download, just install it on your PC so it will be ready, I referred a short cut on desktop for easy to find.
In order to success connect the PB to PC there is things we have to consider:
1. Disable WiFi on your PB
2. On your PB setting menu, the top right corner, click the GEAR icon, then go down to Security - Development Mode, Click Enable
3. A password window will open, choose a very simple password to remember, confirm your password then click OK. Remember to disable your password when done side loadings, because you have only 5 tries.
4. Now notice the Development Address, usually 169.254.0.X
5. Connect PB to PC using USB cable, after hearing a sound of USB connected, start your DDPB from the desktop. One strange thing that I don't know, if I double click the app end with extension .bar, the DDPB program starts but it just give a missing component message, so please start it from desktop.
6. On the DDPB, at the left panel, click Scan it will find the Development Address or you can enter it manually, enter your password then click connect.
Once connected the DDPB will show version and Pin number of your PB.
7. On the right panel name Apps list on PC, click Add (A) then browse for your converted android app(s) - You can load as may apps as you like, then put check mark in front the the app you want to install.
8. Click Install and watch for the result, I personally would leave the list in the panel until I am sure the app works on my PB, if not always I can go back and uninstall it.
I also try other method using Chrome browser, it works but I referred the DDPB since it has more features than Chrome.
You can find many ready converted apps for PlayBook, one of them is
Hope this will help
- 02-14-2013, 09:08 AM #8
- 02-18-2013, 06:50 AM #9
- CrackBerry Genius
02-18-2013, 07:55 AM #10
- 1,742 Posts
I am not certain that you researched this topic in the PlayBook sub-forum dedicated to the dubious art of rooting a perfectly good device. If you did, you would have noticed that BBRY has closed a few security loopholes since the days of 2.0 beta.
The bottom line is that your method of loading Android apps provides an easy way for a novice user to brick his device. This is not exactly what the OP has in mind.
- By bluetroll in forum PlayBook Android App SideloadingReplies: 113Last Post: 03-27-2013, 09:25 AM
- By tagumcity in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 2Last Post: 12-19-2012, 11:44 AM
- By kozmonaut in forum PlayBook Android App SideloadingReplies: 1Last Post: 12-12-2012, 02:51 PM
- By dorksturhh in forum PlayBook RootingReplies: 3Last Post: 02-07-2012, 08:24 PM
- By Rab W in forum BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 3Last Post: 09-21-2010, 03:51 PM