Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree102Likes
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    32FBF354

Quote Originally Posted by axllebeer View Post
    But here is something interesting. The resolution will be higher on the full touch BB10 phones than the PlayBook. So this will be a rare occasion of the images needing to be scaled down instead of up I do believe. Might become less of a problem than scaling them up. Running an iPhone app on an iPad you are blowing up an app, so won't we be going the other way?

Correct me if I'm wrong here someone...
    The resolution won't be higher on the first BB 10 phone than the PlayBook - but the PPI (pixel per inch) will be a lot higher because it's a much smaller screen. So images will look very sharp and crisp aka Retina display.

PlayBook = 1280 x 768 resolution
    Z10 = 1280 x 768 resolution (touchscreen phones will be standardized to 1280 x 720 with the 2nd BB 10 touchscreen phone)
    X10 = 720 x 720 resolution
    CrackBerry Abuser

Only teasing
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by BB.David View Post
    The resolution won't be higher on the first BB 10 phone than the PlayBook - but the PPI (pixel per inch) will be a lot higher because it's a much smaller screen. So images will look very sharp and crisp aka Retina display.

Z10 = 1280 x 768 resolution (touchscreen phones will be standardized to 1280 x 720 with the 2nd BB 10 touchscreen phone)
    I thought the Playbook was 1024 * 600 however...?
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    ing for the fjords

Quote Originally Posted by hreiner1 View Post
    all guessing and wishful thinking Guys
    real BB10 apps for phone and playbook are needed
    I need native apps like for Charles Schwab, citibank, Chase Bank, Skype, netflix, Hulu, MS office simulator
    a real good GPS
    compared with the I pad I live in the boondocks
    Fixed that for ya...

You're welcome.
    Thanked by:
    TroubleTrouble (01-06-2013) 
    axeman1000 and TroubleTrouble like this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    607 Global Posts

BB10 will help with software support and developers. The OS could look exactly the same for me and I would be fine. It's moving forward with one platform, that's the key.
    8310 -> 9630 -> 9500 -> 9550 -> 9700 -> 9800 -> 9900 -> Z10 -> Z30
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,084 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by untakenusername View Post
    Troll
    That's rich.

If Rotorwrench is a troll I will eat your shoes, with no condiments of course.
    Negative thinking destroys your brain cells and causes global warming.*- Dodinsky (The Scientific Institute of Get Over It!) Action Spots
    rotorwrench likes this.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,084 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by untakenusername View Post
    Only teasing
    Really?

untakenusername

CrackBerry User
    Posts28 Posts
    Yesterday,*07:33 PM
    #92**
    This must be a firesale RIP PB
    Negative thinking destroys your brain cells and causes global warming.*- Dodinsky (The Scientific Institute of Get Over It!) Action Spots
    missing_K-W likes this.
    CrackBerry User

Default Re: How exactly is the PlayBook going to benefit from BB10?

Quote Originally Posted by Deckard79 View Post
    Yep this is correct.
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,169 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StampyBeaverbrook View Post
    Maybe we will have the problem that very few apps are made to take advantage of the PB screen size, just giving us enlarged phone apps.
    This has been a problem with android tablets. The other thing that concerns me is RAM and processor speed.
    I shake my head whenever I hear people pontificating about the need of faster CPUs. Most of you have been spoiled by the mere experience of a 1.5 GHz CPU and 4GB RAM as your first computer. Some of us learned about the computers in the days of 8-bit microprocessors running at a blazing 1 MHz and only having somewhere between 2KB and 5KB of RAM. The BlackBerry PlayBook is more powerful than the computer used to run the first manned flight to the Moon yet you bemoan its hardware specifications as old and obsolete? Imagine if you suddenly only had access to the Internet via a 300 baud dial-up MODEM. The horror! ROFLMAO Oh, I almost forgot, "Get off my lawn!"
    Thanked by 2:
    QuIcKsIlV3r (01-07-2013),  toneytone (01-06-2013) 
    CrackBerry User

Default Re: How exactly is the PlayBook going to benefit from BB10?

I think the display resolution may be an issue more than anything.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,986 Global Posts
    PIN
    797F4953 Tab 3

Quote Originally Posted by Deckard79 View Post
    That's what I was thinking too.
    Phone too slow? Then you need Flow.

The World's Most Fabulous Crack-Droid!
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,986 Global Posts
    PIN
    797F4953 Tab 3

Quote Originally Posted by BB9700CA View Post
    I shake my head whenever I hear people pontificating about the need of faster CPUs. Most of you have been spoiled by the mere experience of a 1.5 GHz CPU and 4GB RAM as your first computer. Some of us learned about the computers in the days of 8-bit microprocessors running at a blazing 1 MHz and only having somewhere between 2KB and 5KB of RAM. The BlackBerry PlayBook is more powerful than the computer used to run the first manned flight to the Moon yet you bemoan its hardware specifications as old and obsolete? Imagine if you suddenly only had access to the Internet via a 300 baud dial-up MODEM. The horror! ROFLMAO Oh, I almost forgot, "Get off my lawn!"
    I remember my seccond computer that ran Windows 3.1 and I was like wow this is nowhere near as efficient as DOS lol
    Phone too slow? Then you need Flow.

The World's Most Fabulous Crack-Droid!

Global Posts
    23,395 Global Posts
    PIN
    24DA0A39

the playbook resolution is LOWER than the phones. you have to scale down to the playbook
    ~Matt
    Nexus 5, Z10 LE, White Lumia 521, 32GB Nook HD+ & 16GB PB, 32 GB Dell Venue 8 Pro
    @howarmat
    Thanked by:
    axllebeer (01-06-2013) 

Quote Originally Posted by axllebeer View Post
    I remember my seccond computer that ran Windows 3.1 and I was like wow this is nowhere near as efficient as DOS lol
    And that's still the case in a number of areas. I could easily rename a bunch of files that were *.tx to *.txt without some much as blinking!!! I still don't think I can do that with Win Explorer.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,950 Global Posts

ahh old people
    Sent from my Z10 or a soon to be BB10 PlayBook

BlackBerry Curve 8530 (Virgin Mobile) -BlackBerry Bold 9900 (T-Mobile) BlackBerry Z10 (T-Mobile) + a deceased BlackBerry PlayBook 64 gig
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,042 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bobert_123 View Post
    ahh old people
    Whippersnapper!
    ------------------------------------
    I like how BlackBerry 10 is evolving, but when are they going to fix BlackBerry Link for Mac?

The fact that it doesn't reliably do what it's supposed to do ... most of the time ... is utterly appalling. The only consistency is the "Music not copied to Z10 message"
    Bobert_123 and Vorkosigan like this.

ahh old people
    You just keep on working and paying toward my Soc Security!!!!
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN

Simply put PlayBook Will benefit because Hockey will be starting by the end of the month and Hockey will be better with BB10. I'm the troll on this discussion.
    [B]Real BlackBerry Phones Have Real Keyboards
    Q10 the finest BlackBerry
    rotorwrench likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN

Quote Originally Posted by F2 View Post
    You just keep on working and paying toward my Soc Security!!!!
    Yeah I don't care if your 65 or 165 you keep working. Old People Rock
    rotorwrench likes this.

Global Posts
    5,285 Global Posts
    PIN
    2B6927F7

Quote Originally Posted by howarmat View Post
    the playbook resolution is LOWER than the phones. you have to scale down to the playbook
    True. However, the proportions are roughly the same. For the vast majority of programs it shouldn't be an issue. The odd one might need some tweaking.

I am curious, though, whether there will be any UI changes for BB10 when it comes to the PlayBook. On the phones, it clearly stresses portrait orientation. Would a BB10 tablet maintain the current app carousel? Or would it depend on the vertical-scrolling Active Frames? Conceivably, it could use the side-scrolling carousel in landscape, and AF in portrait, but that would be inconsistent.
    CrackBerry Abuser

ahh old people
    My father used to directly program using octal and binary entries, flicking the run switch at the end of each line. And that was in the DPS of a nuclear power station. Amazing to watch.
    rotorwrench likes this.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,084 Global Posts

Lol, Timex Sinclair was no joy.

CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by BB.David View Post

So that's why they went with 1280 x 768 for the Z10, same as the playbook; that makes a ton of sense for this first critical launch, they get to leverage playbook apps perfectly. Later, with the 5% change from 768 to 720 it may not be as big of deal as by then they should have way more developer support and hopefully the successful launch of the Z10.
    Follow the breadcrumb trail of RIM's epic comeback with BB10BelieveIt on Twitter at @CrumbsObserver

Global Posts
    23,395 Global Posts
    PIN
    24DA0A39

Quote Originally Posted by BB10BelieveIt View Post
    So that's why they went with 1280 x 768 for the Z10, same as the playbook; that makes a ton of sense for this first critical launch, they get to leverage playbook apps perfectly. Later, with the 5% change from 768 to 720 it may not be as big of deal as by then they should have way more developer support and hopefully the successful launch of the Z10.
    THE PLAYBOOK IS NOT 1280x768...its 1024x600.

your whole theory is incorrect.
    ~Matt
    Nexus 5, Z10 LE, White Lumia 521, 32GB Nook HD+ & 16GB PB, 32 GB Dell Venue 8 Pro
    @howarmat
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN

Quote Originally Posted by howarmat View Post
    THE PLAYBOOK IS NOT 1280x768...its 1024x600.

your whole theory is incorrect.
    Game Set Match.....I hate smart people.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast