Does anyone have any idea with the Enabling of the LED Notification?
    I know it's kinda impossible for PlayBook, But any idea?
    I usually see the RED Color LED Blinking While i reboot my PB.
    Thanks
    11-01-11 01:37 PM
    Does anyone have any idea with the Enabling of the LED Notification?
    I know it's kinda impossible for PlayBook, But any idea?
    I usually see the RED Color LED Blinking While i reboot my PB.
    Thanks
    Thats where the red color LED ends my friend, unfortunately the only other thing the LED does is gives you yellow, greenish-yellow color while charging (depending on how low your battery is).

You however do get the red glow on the edges of the screen (top left hand corner) when you get a new email/notification (while using bridge)... thats it for now.
    --
    rajeevh likes this.
    11-01-11 01:43 PM
    Thats where the red color LED ends my friend, unfortunately the only other thing the LED does is gives you yellow, greenish-yellow color while charging (depending on how low your battery is).

You however do get the red glow on the edges of the screen (top left hand corner) when you get a new email/notification (while using bridge)... thats it for now.
    --
    LOL, Alright.. Thanks
    11-01-11 01:55 PM
    hoping that rim will enabke the led notifications in os2.0. they asked about it via the beta zone survey so maybe they are gauging the interest.
    11-01-11 03:53 PM
    hoping that rim will enabke the led notifications in os2.0. they asked about it via the beta zone survey so maybe they are gauging the interest.
    Many things are possible, but I'd heard that the LED is right next to the screen auto-dim sensor. If the LED flashed like on the phone, I guess there is a possibility that your screen would also brighten-dim-brighten along with the LED.

Not sure I'd welcome that LOL
    11-01-11 04:15 PM
    If required, they could easily program the PB to ignore the auto-dim sensor while the LED was flashing.

(I'm assuming the sensor goes through the OS, as opposed to pure hardware control.)
    11-01-11 04:40 PM
    The sensor and LED are under the control of the OS, and it should be quite able to arrange things so the LED flashes are accounted for, ignored, or whatever, as appropriate, to avoid any obvious problems.

Also, the native PIM stuff that's discoverable under the covers in the 2.0 beta does already have LED notifications integrated in some fashion, so that ought to be as close to a no-brainer as these things come.
    11-01-11 07:07 PM
    what's the scoop on "the PIM stuff that's discoverable under the covers..."? Is there any link/thread about that?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-02-11 01:14 AM
    I Think That The LED Notifications Will Further Disturb The PlayBook Camera. :P
    11-10-11 10:06 AM
    I Think That The LED Notifications Will Further Disturb The PlayBook Camera. :P
    I think not.
    haydnmorgan11 likes this.
    11-10-11 12:02 PM
    what's the scoop on "the PIM stuff that's discoverable under the covers..."? Is there any link/thread about that?
    Not that I'm aware of yet, other than the stray mention I've made of it.

None of the UI code is present, so we can't use that to tell how it will look or, for the most part, how it will act.

There's lots of "backend" code (non-UI stuff) that's there to examine, and I've learned a lot about the possibilities from that. LED notifications are, of course, a rather small part of it. ;-)
    rajeevh likes this.
    11-10-11 12:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD