Hi,

I asked support when OS 2.0 was going to be available but only got that it would be out in Feb.

I don't know how software upgrades work and want to know if OS 2.0 will be a huge patch or will it be a new OS that will overwrite the original 1.0? If it is the first, if a forced update will it load a fresh new OS 2.0?

Reason: I am having a battery issue that shuts down before it drops down to the low battery alert (12-15%) confirmed shutdown at 3.4v with battery guru and support told me that it could be a software issue.

Thanks.
    02-17-12 10:06 PM
    Hard to say if 2.0 will help.

It shouldn't be a "forced" update, because your device should display a notification that the update is available before just pulling it down without your approval.

Certainly, it's worth your while to take the update before talking to RIM again...
    02-17-12 10:12 PM
    Hard to say if 2.0 will help.

It shouldn't be a "forced" update, because your device should display a notification that the update is available before just pulling it down without your approval.

Certainly, it's worth your while to take the update before talking to RIM again...
    Thanks, BB support was very nice and said they will follow up with me later this month and did tell me that the software upgrade my not solve my problem. I'm trying to pin down the issue, tried a drain test and wipe and still has not solved my issue. This doesn't bother me too much but if I can fix it I wouldn't have it in my mind to check how much juice I have until I hear the ding.
    02-17-12 10:20 PM
    I have no idea if OS2 will remedy your battery issue, but I seriously doubt it will worsen it. I say load it and see. If there is no change it might be a hardware issue. Good luck
    02-17-12 10:33 PM
    If 2.0 doesn't help (which I doubt it would) I personally would reload a complete new OS (debrick procedure), that would be more likely to help, since 2.0 will be an upgrade and not a complete OS overwrite.

Good Luck...
    02-17-12 10:56 PM
    to the OP.... you need to PM peter9477 on this... he has alot of data that can help you... by the way.. peter is the one who developed the battery guru,,
    Give him a shout.. he has helped us all.
    02-17-12 10:57 PM
    Hi,

I asked support when OS 2.0 was going to be available but only got that it would be out in Feb.

I don't know how software upgrades work and want to know if OS 2.0 will be a huge patch or will it be a new OS that will overwrite the original 1.0? If it is the first, if a forced update will it load a fresh new OS 2.0?

Reason: I am having a battery issue that shuts down before it drops down to the low battery alert (12-15%) confirmed shutdown at 3.4v with battery guru and support told me that it could be a software issue.

Thanks.
    Have you tried to going to full charge after one of these unexpected shutdowns? From what I understand- if you drain the battery to shut down and then fully charge it until you get the steady green led it should recalibrate the meter.

My PB would never reach 100% when new but worked itself out after a week or two.
    02-17-12 11:03 PM
    Have you tried to going to full charge after one of these unexpected shutdowns? From what I understand- if you drain the battery to shut down and then fully charge it until you get the steady green led it should recalibrate the meter.

My PB would never reach 100% when new but worked itself out after a week or two.
    been trying this but hasn't recalibrated. might just keep on trying to see if it fixes. This is my new pb and It might be a calibration. thx
    02-17-12 11:13 PM
    Always update software with direct power support.

1. Wake up 4:00a.m. February 21st and open your "fully charged" Playbook,

2. Open Menu > Software Upgrades,

3. Report back here with findings,

Thank you.
    02-17-12 11:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD