Man......I work as a Chef and a Musician.So I keep my Recipes and My Repertoire all in the P.B.
    PDF Files are constantly Burning.Not to mention The Youtube Videos or the Food Network Cooking procedures to get me out of trouble.My Wife is Jealous, She has an Ipad,But PlayBook Blows it away!
    This is what am talking about.
    The PB is alive and kicking and I would be ever so happy if the PB was relaunched we a new name WB aka WorkBook.

Been link lots love post here and it all looks work or study related, which is just not an Android or IPad thing, as we professionals don't have time for games but are quite happy to create them when we find time after advancing our nations.

So hold on, I still got the rest of this page to read and right to the very last page

jtvberry
    11-27-14 12:35 PM
    Follow up to my earlier post...shifted over to Fast Browser instead of Origami. What an improvement! Has restored my Playbook as a tool I can Web work with too.

Posted via CB10
    I have just installed this app, I installed Origami earlier this week, well about two days ago and though my BBC live TV programmes have been improved by 99%, the 1% that frustrating, is not being able to enter my hotmail inbox and page.

I have just found I had to off that blue button in Fast Browser before I could watch This Week on BBC1 but am far from an expert, but this looks much clearer and sounds better to.

Just to check my hotmail and let you know soon.

Thanks jrsva2008

jtvberry
    11-27-14 06:00 PM
    My 64G wifi PlayBook has been used daily since mid 2012 as a multimedia (live tv streaming) device. Battery is still great. Sound quality fantastic. Screen unmatched.

Since the z30 and passport arrived, I use it mostly as my livestreaming TV with flash in the stock browser, connected through HDMI to a big screen TV.
    I sometimes use it to reply to emails, edit and corect text �n pdf or docstogo (although the passport has killed even my laptop for both) and to surf the web.
    For websurfing and email it is surpassed by both the z30 and the passport.
    For HDMI TV streaming nothing beats it in terms of picture quality.
    Live sporting events or live streaming international TV stations from across the world is my killer use.

Since my Passport arrived, even my z30 has become a portable TV.
    Now I can watch two or three champion league or EPL soccer matches or different news channels simultaneously on two or three screens, even when travelling or at work.
    When on long flights I use it for listening to music and reading books with Kobo which synchronizes my books between z30, playbook and Passport.
    I don't see it getting dust anytime soon.

I don't see the need for a new tablet. I don't even use my laptop more than once per week now while at home because I do all my text editing, emailing and websurfing on the Passport which is almost like a computer, faster, more powerful and with better reception.

Maybe BlackBerry comes up with a 7-8 inch Playbook2 with a passport-like touch sensitive keyboard and mouse, and full laptop (Linux or Unix like) functionality . I'd buy it right away.
    I couldn't care less for games, social media or netflix. Just office, ssh, ghostcommander, x11 forwarding, utility apps and the flash-enabled browser is what I need.
    Imagine that.
    A man after my own heart

Not much gaming but I have been on this page for about 7hrs...lol

jtvberry
    11-27-14 06:27 PM
    Last game I played was Harrier Attack on ZX Sinclair Spectrum in 1984!
    But I was also solving Schrodinger's and Poisson's equations selfconsistently in Pascal with only 48kB of RAM available for code and data on it...
    jtv1 likes this.
    11-29-14 10:45 AM
    I use mine as a Dart board! Lol no I still use and love it! I use it for watching films I download from my pc to it. Great for my daily commute.

Posted via CB10
    jtv1 likes this.
    11-29-14 05:12 PM
    Playbook has extended my BlackBerry Smartphone life, that's for sure. If I did not have my Playbook, I would be on WindowsPhone 8.1 exclusively. However, with "BRIDGE", my old trusty 9780 is still a very viable business phone, when Bridged to my Playbook. I can answer emails and texts with ease via the Playbook ---> 9780. I know I should try an BB10 device, but the 9780 works so well with Bridge, I really don't care to at present. And, the 9780 has the much honored "unreal battery life" that makes it an easy device to pop into my briefcase and forget about it as I use the Playbook as my phone extension.

Other than business, I use my Playbook for Amazon Prime Movie watching, as well as listening to Xbox Music. Xbox Music was free (until December 1 2014) on Laptops. But CHARGED for use on Tablets and phones. However, it saw the playbook as a laptop and streamed music to it no problem. Too bad the free streaming is ending in a few days. Also, the Playbook works great with Prime Movies and the screen resolution is awesome.

I do have an issue with using "WEB BASED" email like Yahoo on the Playbook. There is horrific lag and errors when using the touch screen. I may try another browser as the proprietary browser just does not work for Yahoo mail. I use Yahoo mail for personal mail. My business mail is via the BIS service.

One more thing. I'm on Simple Mobile since they are the ONLY pre-pay that has unlimited BIS included at no extra cost. The Playbook Web Hotspot via Bridge works GREAT with Simple Mobile, and they do not sting me for an extra cost. If I Hotspotted my WindowsPhone, I'd have to pay extra.

All in all, hats off to the Playbook. Without it, I'd be a WindowsPhone guy 100 percent of the time. Now, I'm BlackBerry Monday-Friday because of the Playbook, and WindowsPhone on Weekends. I also use the Playbook on Weekends for Music and Movies. What a GREAT device. If it was Quad Core, it would be unstoppable.

EDIT: I just installed "Fast Browser". IMO, worth every penny, not that two bucks (or Quid for my British friends) is a huge amount of money. Much faster than the stock browser. I can finally use Yahoo mail without pulling my hair out waiting for pages to load and/or trying in vain to click on message or reply/send buttons. Finally. A decent web browsing experience.
    Last edited by BBerryPowerUser; 11-29-14 at 10:17 PM.
    11-29-14 08:46 PM
    Paper weight!

" Initiated from my QNX10 "
    12-01-14 04:43 PM
    It sits on my desk plugged in and ready to go. I've been so busy with the Q10 and now my Passport that it really hasn't gotten much use in the past year and half.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-14 04:50 PM
    i use it for watching media at home mostly. My passport does the heavy lifting, but bridge sometimes does help a bit for messaging. Although its so slow over bluetooth sometimes. One thing I do like over blend is the ability to answer a phone call - it doesn't use the bluetooth handset profile or anything to make it a speaker phone, but tells the bridged phone to answer the call and initiate speakerphone mode. I actually do find that very very cool and useful. Bridge was largely useless for most of its working life on bb10 for me, and a terrible disappointment over the old bbos variant, but now, while slightly less functional than its predecessor, is still a very nice little value add for me. With blend available for ipads and droid tablets, it is not an incentive to , but still nice if you still have a playbook lying around. Still got just enough use out of it to prevent me needing to go out and buy a new tablet though
    12-10-14 04:34 PM
    i use it for browsing and as a video viewer
    also to come here and watch people trying to save the playbook. good entertainment value
    12-10-14 10:32 PM
    i used mine for watching movies on the road, used it for maps while driving(got the windshield dock for it) music while trying, it was like a touchscreen radio, used for a trial for my child to see if she could take care of a tablet before buying a bigger one, well she couldnt break it anyways, now im going to use it for a movie player in the back seat of the car for my children, better then any dvd player
    11-02-16 09:01 PM
    I use mine almost daily at work t watch movies and tv shows on my breaks. I sometimes use it for games or the internet. I still prefer it to our Ipad.
    11-06-16 07:34 PM
    In 2016 I gave it to my 4y son. I have put some game, some movie, some music. And it play well it's role. We can even have video call.

Posted from a PP SE
    12-14-16 01:32 PM
113 ... 345