I have installed Words With Friends and now when I start the program it tells me there is a new version. I have to hit the update button (no other choices) and it takes me to App World where there is no link to Words With Friends to update. So now I can't play any longer. Has anyone experienced this? How do you update the side loaded apps? do I have to search for the new app in the forums?
    Help!!!
    04-05-12 05:17 AM
    There newest BAR is posted here: http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...6/#post7292852

Uninstall the old version first, then install that one and you should be good to go.
    bbfan1040 likes this.
    04-05-12 05:28 AM
    App World only keeps track of, and makes available updates for, those apps you have downloaded through them. What you are asking is like expecting Target to know what you bought from K-Mart.

Your best bet is to delete the app, and just side load the new version.
    04-05-12 05:32 AM
    App World only keeps track of, and makes available updates for, those apps you have downloaded through them. What you are asking is like expecting Target to know what you bought from K-Mart.

Yes, the only one besides Target that knows what you purchased at Target is Google!
    04-05-12 09:33 AM

Thanks.....but without the snide comment! Dueche!
    04-06-12 04:45 AM
    You can always sideload the updated bar straightaway without having to delete the previous ones. It will update the application normally..

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using CB App
    04-06-12 05:08 AM
    You can always sideload the updated bar straightaway without having to delete the previous ones. It will update the application normally..

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using CB App
    Not necessarily, in the case of Words With Friends, I had to delete the old one before the new one would work, because it didn't replace it.
    04-06-12 06:43 AM
    I'll have to download this update, any issues with the new BAR? I've never been able to start a game with my Facebook friends in the old version.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk
    04-06-12 09:34 AM
    SifJar is totally correct. I also had to delete the old version before the new version would work.......even though I had already sideloaded the new one. Once I deleted the previous version, the new one worked.
    04-06-12 10:37 AM
    Besides the ADS, a click or two clears them, I think I get a few more lockups.

I did UNinstall as I've wound up with two versions of other apps in the past before installing the new version.
    04-06-12 10:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD