I have 2 playbooks and use them indiscriminately.
    I put one of them down somewhere in the house and now I can't find it.
    That was at least a week ago.
    I need to use the function that locates your PlayBook.
    I will have to do it on both of them.
    Do you need to use your PC to find them, or can you do it from the playbook you are using?
    Thx for any help.
    09-30-13 09:57 AM
    Do you need to use your PC to find them, or can you do it from the playbook you are using?
    Thx for any help.
    How big is your house!!?
    I'm not aware of any built in function that allows you to locate your playbook. I guess there may be some App or other, but I would imagine you need to install it on the PB before you can use it, which is hard to do if you can't find the daft thing...!

I think you are going to have to use the 'Manual Search Function'...

(and just start looking under those books and magazines, or whatever other household detrius it may be buried under)
    nealjane1 and Carl Estes like this.
    09-30-13 10:18 AM
    How big is your house!!?
    I'm not aware of any built in function that allows you to locate your playbook. I guess there may be some App or other, but I would imagine you need to install it on the PB before you can use it, which is hard to do if you can't find the daft thing...!
    I think you are going to have to use the 'Manual Search Function'...
    (and just start looking under those books and magazines, or whatever other household detrius it may be buried under)
    I found it - saw the red flashing light - and yes under a stack of papers on my table.
    Still a serious issue - can't we get it to ding constantly or something so we can find it?
    09-30-13 01:28 PM
    Go around the house sending yourself an email? That's when it dings...
    castoridae likes this.
    09-30-13 01:41 PM
    Go around the house sending yourself an email? That's when it dings...
    As long as you have juice in the berry, er, battery...
    Yes, it should have been a no-brainer to place BB Protect on the PB just like the Phones.......
    c
    09-30-13 01:43 PM
    Never understood why BB protect and Password Keeper were never on the PlayBook. Damn dirt bags at BlackBerry really messed up with that device. Great device, no company support.

Posted via CB10
    Carl Estes, FF22 and tovento like this.
    09-30-13 01:47 PM
    Never understood why BB protect and Password Keeper were never on the PlayBook. Damn dirt bags at BlackBerry really messed up with that device. Great device, no company support.

Posted via CB10
    It was originally designed to be just a companion device to the BlackBerry phone. Then Apple announced their iPad, so RIM felt they needed to directly compete with it and so they announced that it would be a fully-functional tablet, but since this was never planned, it turned out to be half-baked. It's still an excellent device though, especially at today's prices.

--Q10 and Canadian all the way! Posted via CB10 on 10.2.0.1443. #IChooseBlackBerry10
    Carl Estes likes this.
    09-30-13 02:03 PM
    It was originally designed to be just a companion device to the BlackBerry phone. Then Apple announced their iPad, so RIM felt they needed to directly compete with it and so they announced that it would be a fully-functional tablet, but since this was never planned, it turned out to be half-baked. It's still an excellent device though, especially at today's prices.

--Q10 and Canadian all the way! Posted via CB10 on 10.2.0.1443. #IChooseBlackBerry10
    I don't know anything about operating systems and that stuff. Is there anything that stops the PlayBook from future development other of course then BlackBerry themselves? I think it's a shame this device is kind of done. There are so many great things about it.

Posted via CB10
    Carl Estes likes this.
    09-30-13 02:15 PM
    I don't know anything about operating systems and that stuff. Is there anything that stops the PlayBook from future development other of course then BlackBerry themselves? I think it's a shame this device is kind of done. There are so many great things about it.

Posted via CB10
    The bootloader is locked so it cannot be rooted like some Android devices can be. No operating system other than one signed by BlackBerry will run on it.

09-30-13 02:19 PM
    There is NO "locate/find/alarm" my playbook function. The best you can do if it is Bridged to your OLDER (not bb10) phone, send an Email and see if you can locate it while it makes that one beep. There is the claghorn sound when the battery gets low!
    09-30-13 03:07 PM
    Thx for any help.
    Look in Thorny's trash can.
    09-30-13 03:17 PM
    Just thread a piece of string through a small hole in every item in your home. Then when anything is lost follow the string til you find it. Simple.
    (courtesy Viz magazine)
    ChrisMay likes this.
    09-30-13 03:21 PM
    There is NO "locate/find/alarm" my playbook function. The best you can do if it is Bridged to your OLDER (not bb10) phone, send an Email and see if you can locate it while it makes that one beep. There is the claghorn sound when the battery gets low!
    That's the key, if it has already had a unread message it won't beep anymore.

Development on the PlayBook was always limited, because everyone thought it would just get all these cool new features with the new OS (which turned into BB10). If BlackBerry had told everyone that the PlayBook was a dead end device... not sure they would have sold more than a few 100K of them.
    FF22 likes this.
    09-30-13 03:21 PM
    You could have the alarm set. Once a week if you don't like having it on but if you've misplaced it you'll need to listen for the sound at that time. It keeps going until you stop it so if it's around you'll locate it.

Or have it as a primary wake-up clock -- every weekday. If you don't want it as your primary alarm clock, set it for 15 minutes before you leave for work.The alarm can usually just serve as a reminder to not forget to leave home without it but will help find it, too.

Someone else can mention if this will also work as I don't have a phone bridge. If you have set your Playbook to open on a homepage for a radio station can you use the bridge to remotely turn on the Playbook? Would the radio station automatically start playing?
    09-30-13 03:46 PM
    Or use one PB to video call the other one.
    09-30-13 04:34 PM
    Best idea yet... if you have another PlayBook.

09-30-13 05:22 PM
    Best idea yet... if you have another PlayBook.

The only work around is to have your Z10 register a different BBID from your playbook . That way you can call your playbook.
    09-30-13 05:45 PM
    How to locate your PlayBook without using any apps or even its power goes off?

Get a dog... train him to identify your PlayBook by sniffing it... next time it's lost... just ask your dog "go boy, find it!"...

Currently, I'm trying if it is going to work out, the same with rabbit...

Posted via Z10
    Mich1001 and FF22 like this.
    09-30-13 09:28 PM
    How to locate your PlayBook without using any apps or even its power goes off?

Get a dog... train him to identify your PlayBook by sniffing it... next time it's lost... just ask your dog "go boy, find it!"...

Currently, I'm trying if it is going to work out, the same with rabbit...

Posted via Z10
    I like it. Variation on that theme. Keep a piece of fish or meat attached to the rear - even without a dog, you'll find it after a few days unless you've refrigerated your pb.
    jarviser, Mich1001 and ghundiraj like this.
    10-01-13 12:24 AM
    Now THIS is the best idea so far!!
    I don't have a BB cell phone just a cheap basic function Rogers Doro phone.
    I haven't tried video calls yet, cause most of my BB friends are playbook owners on this site.
    This gives me something to play around with other than figuring out how to load vids from PB to this site.
    Many thx
    10-01-13 05:43 AM
    [QUOTE=snow_stipple;9263106]You could have the alarm set. Once a week if you don't like having it on but if you've misplaced it you'll need to listen for the sound at that time. It keeps going until you stop it so if it's around you'll locate it. /QUOTE]

Great idea - will try this too
    10-01-13 05:45 AM
    I can call my PB just fine using the same BBID on both. Shows as an option in the contact list automatically.
    The only work around is to have your Z10 register a different BBID from your playbook . That way you can call your playbook.
    BlackBerry 10 signed.
    castoridae likes this.
    10-01-13 06:00 AM
    I can call my PB just fine using the same BBID on both. Shows as an option in the contact list automatically.
    BlackBerry 10 signed.
    Doesn't each playbook have its own ID?
    Also, to double check - nothing to do with any bridging to a BB phone, right?
    10-01-13 06:59 AM
    The BlackBerry ID is your e-mail address.
    Each PlayBook has its own PIN number you can put in to video call.
    All of this has nothing to do with the bridge App and your phone.
    10-01-13 07:59 AM
    That's pin number. Each BB device has it's own pin number. However, when you first use your playbook you need to register with email address and password plus your credit card for apps payment. Both my playbook have the same BBID, I'm still trying to figure out how to call each other.
    10-01-13 08:01 AM
57 123