This is an odd issue, maybe they are not compatible, or maybe I need to transfer using another method, but isn't possible to directly transfer files over BT from BB to PB?

Sent from BlackBerry 9900
    05-07-13 09:08 AM
    I know if you select send there is a Bluetooth option listed. It even has the PB listed as one of the connection. But I have never been able to get it to send to the PB. When you go into your PB Bluetooth and look at your phones device properties service, it only lists BlackBerry Bridge, Audio/Video Remote Control, Internet Tethering, and HID. There isn't anything indicating the ability to send pictures or anything else.

The way I found to do it the easiest is to just email it to myself. I have also added myself as a BBM contact and I can send pictures that was as well. The only issue with that is you don't have the ability to save the picture unless you are using your messages app over WIFI.
    05-07-13 09:58 AM
    The PB lacks the protocol for direct file transfers like you see on other devices.

But you can use various file managers, including the free Ghost Commander as well as some paid apps like Files&Folders to copy files between the devices. Also, if you have File Scout on the bbphone (I don't know if it exists for the bb10 devices???), you can use it's wifi connection and a web interface to copy but only one file at a time.
    05-07-13 10:29 AM
    File Scout would be my 2nd choice right behind using a PC for file transfer of larger video files. Bluetooth is too slow for large files unless you have no other options.
    FF22 likes this.
    05-07-13 10:40 AM
    File Scout would be my 2nd choice right behind using a PC for file transfer of larger video files. Bluetooth is too slow for large files unless you have no other options.
    I was just trying to get my son's videos few minutes each, it wouldn't be too long before files are transferred over BT.
    I will definitely look into file scout, etc.. and use wifi transfer if possible. Such a shame that PB and BB does not play nice with each other (or PB with any other device)..
    05-07-13 04:23 PM
    I tried, file squad works but it uses http, so there is no way to download folders.

I tried wifi server app, that doesn't work either, keeps shutting down.

Also FTP app, terrible, keeps disconnecting.

I guess no choice but carry USB cable, and hope that host computer allows simple usb connection, then disconnect/connect playbook, etc..

Sent from BlackBerry 9900
    05-21-13 12:37 AM