The lack of email calendar etc is really going to hurt them. It is sad they didn't address this before launch.

My predictions. Engadget 7/10
    Bgr negative 4/10.

Crackberry 9/10
    04-13-11 07:32 PM
    The lack of email calendar etc is really going to hurt them. It is sad they didn't address this before launch.

My predictions. Engadget 7/10
    Bgr negative 4/10.

Crackberry 9/10
    As you mention the above...we should also remember that there will be many reviewers who praise the tethering and bridge function....
    04-13-11 07:38 PM
    I'm going to laugh my azz off if we all turn on our PB's on the 19th and find native email and calendar functions have made their way into the initial update.
    04-13-11 07:44 PM
    Anything without the i is just going to score lower.

Its like what people say, if you design with a mac, your graphics already look 10% better.

Engadget will paint Playbook as a lame duck for not having native email and calendar (and of course, a tablet without flash > a tablet without native email). Jaws dropped if they actually say they can use the browser as a replacement (which I think, is better, cuz I don't wanna delete email on the iPad, but then lol, gotta delete again in gmail).

Engadget is on apple's payroll. So it'd be less than 9 for sure. I'm guessing it's a 7. But seriously, iPad's no flash, crappy camera ... gets a 9.... is pretty much on apple's payroll.
    04-13-11 07:49 PM
    Any intelligent review has to acknowledge that this professional device fits the "enterprise ready" bill to a T, exactly how it was designed. Of course iPad is the media's darling, one false move and they could get the boot from the app store. The media has no such fears with RIM, hence it is open season 24/7.
    04-13-11 08:18 PM
    General public does not follow Engadget, nor crackberry for that matter!

who cares about email. just use gmail or hotmail.
    04-13-11 08:20 PM
    04-13-11 08:23 PM
    read kevins review and you will see exactly why you need the native email/contacts/calender

I am actually kinda shocked at some of the things kevin mentioned...
    04-13-11 08:25 PM
    engadget says it's unfinished. for BB users. keyboard no good. browser 10% slower than ipad and xoom. mossberg gives it a big "wait until they finish it".
    04-13-11 08:43 PM
    Yea, I'm just outright defending the Playbook on Engadget.

It wasn't fair for them to review a device that isn't finalized. It's got 3k apps and RIM friend say should have more apps and battery life when launch! Sooo

BlackBerry PlayBook review -- Engadget

Post away XD!
    04-13-11 09:41 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD